Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-07-29
Words:
5,633
Chapters:
5/5
Comments:
11
Kudos:
24
Bookmarks:
4
Hits:
4,556

Around The Crossroads

Summary:

What happened right after Crossroads ended? Did Blair change?

Chapter 1: I Finally Ditched Them

Chapter Text

"...finally ditched them."

Blair didn't look over his shoulder at Jim's comment, he didn't even let himself slow down. That was just the icing on the cake for this day. Not being wanted, getting sick, getting better (slightly), running around the frickin countryside and now glad to be gotten rid of.

'Just perfect.'

He kept walking as straight ahead as he could, considering how ragged he felt, and kept his eye firmly on the back on Simon's coat. Blair knew that Simon was heading towards his car and if Blair followed him, he wouldn't have to worry about getting lost.

His stomach began to roll and he felt sweat prickling up on his skin again. Blair tried to keep going, but eventually he had to stop. But that was only for a few moments, because Simon didn't even notice and just kept on walking.

'Surprise, surprise,' Blair thought. 'Why in the hell was I stupid enough to let Simon talk me into this trip in the first place?' he wondered as he started walking again. 'Wasn't Jim's leaving with about two seconds notice hint enough?'

Blair settled down in Simon's car, not really sure how he got there. The rest of the walk to the car seemed to have happened while he was in a daze. Blair laid down in the back seat of the car at the big Captain's insistence, and closed his eyes to relax. He only wished his mind were as easy to calm down.

'You're always in face....observing...' Jim's voice kept droning, on and on, in his brain.

'Gee Jim, no kidding. That's like, my job, you know.' Blair winced as the car hit a dip in the road. 'And I am not *always* observing you....am I?'

Blair curled up a little, trying to ease the pain in his stomach, the pain in his heart wouldn't go away. He watched the miles slip past and knew that he'd eventually get home, but what would be following behind him. Jim would clam up and try to pretend this had never happened and Blair wasn't sure what would happen to their faltering friendship when he did.