Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
662
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
20
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,018

Do You Want To Know What Bugs Me?

Summary:

Pairing: Jim/Blair
Rating: PG
Summary: What really bugs Jim?
Thanx to: My beta, Annie, who works her magic and makes it all better.
Disclaimer: Don't own them; just letting them out to play.
Submitted through the SenseXangstRevisited mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Do You Want To Know What Bugs Me?
By blairbear

Driving from Seattle is boring. I've done it enough times that I can almost put the truck on autopilot and it would find its way home. As the miles drone on, my mind wanders. It's those little things he does that...

Take for instance the bathroom. There's more steam billowing from within as he emerges, than in the sauna down at the gym. When he's done, it looks like a cyclone hit and left a shaggy dog behind that stood in the middle of the room and shook its coat out. There is water almost dripping from the walls, the ceiling (along with the light fixtures) and the medicine cabinet. There are towels and clothes in a saturated pile on the floor. There's a small furry animal left in the drain of the tub, which needs to be extracted and sent to fur ball heaven.

There's the kitchen. Have you ever seen the blender after making one of his seaweed shakes? The stuff never comes out! The seaweed has permeated even the glass from Kitchen Aid; never mind the plastic lid. The toaster oven is never emptied when he burns his bagels. But, I have to say that the worst thing ever, is the smell when he makes tongue! That is an odor I can smell farther than anything. We've done test - believe me, we've done tests - and nothing compares to that stench!

Then, there's the living room. His masks and dolls, blankets and nick knacks. They're from all over the world, and they are a part of him, but, they don't need to be all over my living room! His own homework that he needs to finish by tomorrow and the papers he has yet to grade; his notes on our project and his laptop. They are strewn all over the couches, chairs and the floor, and I'm tired of seeing them.

Of course, we haven't even mentioned his room yet. There's this little path that leads from the French doors to his bed, and from the bed to his desk. Of course, you wouldn't even know there was a desk under all the stuff that is on top of it. I'm pretty sure that there are things growing under there somewhere.

I come back to myself as I realize that I'm pulling onto Prospect, surprised that I've actually driven on autopilot. I pull into my spot and turn off the ignition. I just sit there; looking up at the balcony of our loft.

Wait.

When did I start thinking of it as ours?

Shrugging, I exit the truck and head upstairs. As I enter the loft, I put my keys in the basket and hang up my coat. It's then that I realize that there is something different about it.

There is the most wonderful aroma coming from the kitchen. I turn to see Blair bent over and basting something in the oven. The jeans he has on are rather tight across his...

Whoa!

When did I start looking at Blair's ass?

Just then he turns to me, giving me one of his thousand-watt smiles and I feel my insides turn into mush as I return the gesture.

I take in the rest of the living space and realize that there is nothing out of place. The homework that was scattered about when I left in the pre-dawn hour to make it to Seattle by 9:00am, are mysteriously missing. I can see into his room from my vantage point, and can actually see the top of his desk. I don't think I've seen the top of that in three years.

The dining table is set for two, and there are candles burning throughout the entire space. The ambience is of romance; and I wonder if I've walked into a seduction scene.

And, then, I realize that all of those things that bothered me... don't bother me anymore.

The End.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author blairbear.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.