Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
367
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,047

Safe with Me

Summary:

Fandom: The Sentinel
Summary: Blair's hurt, Jim has angst. Just a drabble.
Warning: established m/m relationship
Spoilers: None really. Could be interpreted as post TSbyBS
Disclaimer: The Sentinel and its characters are the property of Pet Fly Productions. No copyright infringement intended, and no profit being made.
Permission to archive: Yes.
Submitted through the SenseXangstRevisited mailing list.

Work Text:

Safe with Me
by FluffNutter

Balcony doors locked? Check.

Kitchen window locked? Check.

Back door....

Jim stopped himself as he suddenly came to his senses. He'd made this same round a dozen times this evening. This was getting out of hand. If Blair knew, he'd ...

Blair.

Jim leaned against the door as the memory of Blair bleeding on the ground returned. Jim had only turned his head for a second, but the perp they'd cornered in the alley that morning had been able to get a shot off. (Where had the gun come from? How had he missed it?)

It had only been a flesh wound, and Blair was already back home and asleep in their bed, but the incident was enough to send Jim into a Blessed Protector guilt tailspin. He'd been checking doors and locks for the past hour.

"I have to protect him. I have to be sure he's safe," Jim thought and went to resume his rounds.

A moan from upstairs snapped him back to reality.

He was up the stairs and at Blair's side in an instant, smoothing back the curls that obscured his lover's face.

"Blair?" he whispered.

"Jim," Blair murmured back, dragging open drug-glazed eyes. "Sleep."

"That's right, baby. You need to slee...."

"Nnno," Blair protested. "You sleep."

"When I know it's safe."

Blair's brow furrowed and he forced his eyes to stay open.

"Safe...With me...Please," he managed to say before losing the battle with the sedatives and pain meds the ER doctors had loaded him with before releasing him.

Jim stroked Blair's cheek and cast one more look toward the loft before climbing into bed behind his lover.

"OK, love. I can protect you here, too," he whispered as he gently gathered Blair against his chest. Before long the deep, even breaths of his guide pulled the Sentinel into an equally deep slumber.

"Safe with me," Blair whispered in his sleep.

end

A/N: These are my first dues for this list and the first time I've written Sentinel slash. Hope you all enjoyed it!

Feedback is welcome and can be left here or at my LJ, http://fluffnutter.livejournal.com, where this will also be posted.