Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Character:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of The Music Man Trilogy
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2008-06-20
Words:
1,062
Chapters:
3/3
Kudos:
26
Hits:
2,418

Goodnight My Someone 2: Goodnight My Love

Summary:

SEQUEL TO: Goodnight My Someone
RATING: PG
CLASSIFICATION: Buffy/Xander, Buffy/Angel (somewhat)
SUMMARY: Buffy and Xander have tough choices to make
SPOILERS: Grad 1 and 2 for the BtVS characters (season 4 never happened) and Heroes for A:tS
DISTRIBUTION: Any sites with my fic up; you all have unspoken permission. I write it, you can post it. Everyone else just keep my name on it and let me know.
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, Kazui Sandollar, FOX and the WB own it or them. Various friends of mine are holding characters hostage. You may see them by appointment only.
FEEDBACK: Sorry I'm not home right now I'm walking in the spiderwebs so leave a message and I'll call you back...in other words, I want it. Don't care if it's onlist or not.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: For Tairis...it's a start, hun. Oh, and if anyone has this fic in it's entirety (which my archive does not, I just found out) pleas let me know?
Submitted through the 0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0 mailing list. This list can no longer approve new members posts, please join us at 0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0_2

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Page 1

Chapter Text

Goodnight My Someone 2: Goodnight My Love
by Ragna

Buffy did a spin kick, hitting the vampire in the face. She glanced back at Angel, who was doing fine on his own. And Xander was, too, she realized as she watched him sneak up on a vampire that was giving Angel trouble.

This was the first meeting between Xander and Angel in almost six months, and it had to start out as a fight. This was just the way everything had to go when Angel and Xander and Buffy were in the same place together. It was just always that way. Buffy had been hoping the two wouldn't be amped after a fight, but...

At least they weren't fighting each other...yet...

After a few more scattered kicks, punches and stake thrusting, the fight was over. "I haven't fought vampires in a while," Buffy said, sitting down on the bench. Xander took his normal spot on her left, slipping his hand into hers.

Buffy noted briefly that Angel turned away, a pained look on his face. "I've fought a lot of them. I think the demons migrated here and the vamps..." He didn't finish the sentence, instead keeping his back turned towards the two lovers.

"I found a way to close the Sunnydale Hellmouth and get my soul back permanently."

Xander sharply took his hand away from Buffy's, using it to, instead, rub the back of his neck slightly. "What?"

"Well...someone made a sacrifice for me, and others, once. And if I make this sacrifice, then I can save a lot more lives. More than he did, maybe."

Buffy looked at her first lover, then to her second, then back at her first. "All you have to do is get your soul back permanently?"

Angel nodded. "I'll never lose it again, no matter what." For the first time since they started talking, he turned around, his eyes on Buffy. "Ever."

Buffy started to respond, but it was only then that she realized that Xander, who she had thought was pacing, had instead walked away without a word.

 

TBC