Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
775
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,249

Drabble: Strange Bedfellows

Summary:

small scene, based on ep "Strange Bedfellows"

Work Text:

Joey woke up early. Danny was fast asleep on his side next to him. He could almost describe the picture Danny made as adorable; face relaxed, mouth slightly open, and hair mussed.

Joey kissed the side of Danny's head and slipped out of bed. He went into the bathroom to relieve himself and brush his teeth. Then he threw on a pair of sweatpants and t-shirt. He grabbed his White Sox cap and a jacket and ran out to the corner bakery for some bagels.

On the way back, Joey bought a newspaper. He didn't bother reading the headline. He just folded it and carried it under his arm.

Joey let himself back into his apartment. He set the bagels and paper on the kitchen table and then started a pot of coffee. He put two mugs on the counter and went back to the bedroom.

"Good morning!" Joey announced and turned on the overhead light.

Danny groaned and buried his head under a pillow. Mornings were definitely not his favorite time of day. He wouldn't be able to think straight until his second cup of coffee, but he had no desire to even sit up.

Joey knelt down at Danny's side of the bed. He touched Danny's shoulder. "Danny."

"Go away," came the muffled reply.

Joey pulled the pillow away and leaned in close to Danny's ear. "Time to get up," he whispered. "There's coffee brewing and a bagel with your name on it. And we need to be at work in a couple hours."

Danny felt Joey's fingertips travel down his spine. A lazy smile crossed his face. "I'm having trouble caring right now."

Joey placed a light kiss just under Danny's ear. He trailed his tongue down to Danny's shoulder. He bit down softly and murmured, "I haven't had my shower yet. Care to join me?"

Danny moaned softly. "Joey."

Joey's mouth worked its way back up to Danny's ear. "Your mind may not be awake yet, but I know another part of your body is very much awake." He pressed his palm against Danny's chest and slowly moved it down over Danny's stomach to his already half-hard cock. He lightly rubbed the bulge through the thin fabric of Danny's boxers.

Danny grabbed Joey's hand and pressed it harder where it mattered most. He grunted in disappointment when Joey suddenly stopped touching him. He opened his eyes and raised his head to look at his lover. "You're evil this morning."

Joey grinned. "Come on." With that, he jumped up and went into the bathroom. He stopped in the doorway and smirked over his shoulder. He felt Danny's eyes on him and began to strip.

That was enough to get Danny out of bed. He joined Joey in the shower, where he had the pleasure and satisfaction of taking Joey under the warm water. When they finally finished and were dressed, they barely had enough time for breakfast.

Joey was the first to sit at the table. He had his mug and bagel in front of him. He unrolled the paper and froze. "Danny."

Danny casually dropped into the chair across from Joey. He sipped his coffee. "What is it?"

Joey held up the front page of the Chicago Dispatch for Danny to see. "Can you believe this?" he asked angrily.

"Top Mobsters Indicted. High Ranking Cop Charged as Co-Conspirator," Danny read out loud. There were pictures of Luca, Bartoli, Taglia, and Mike. He frowned. "I didn't think Breitel would have the guts to go through with it."

Joey just couldn't understand it. "How could a US Attorney believe scum like Frank Holman over Mike?"

"Breitel's an idiot who likes to see his name in the papers."

"His ethics suck," Joey stated. He'd been having such a good morning and this had to ruin it.

Danny sighed. "I know, but Mike's gonna get through this okay. There's no way a jury's gonna take Holman's word over Mike's."

"It's just..." Joey stopped in frustration. "...it's just not right."

Danny reached across the table and touched Joey's hand. "No, it's not," he agreed. He gave a small smile and tried to lighten the mood. "At least you know who not to model yourself after when you finish law school."

That startled a laugh out of Joey. He squeezed Danny's hand. "If I ever start to act like Breitel, you have my permission to slap me."

Danny smirked. "I'll remember that."