Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2007-05-04
Words:
68,044
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
18
Hits:
1,533

Restless Honeymoon

Summary:

First things first: Thank you Julia walker for allowing me to use your characters of the San Diego house.
Rating: PG-13
Special warnings: The story takes place in two time zones. Two weeks ago when the guys left Israel back to San Francisco, and two weeks later at Ben and Abi's honeymoon.
Status: New and incomplete
Focus: Abi/Ben. Nick/Alex
Episode Spoilers: None
Disclaimers: This story is not meant to infringe the copyrights of MGM, Trilogy, or anyone else who owns them. The characters and The Legacy Houses are properties of who owns the copyrights.
Summary: Abi and Ben finally go on their honeymoon. Will they have some piece and quiet for a change? Will Abi and Ben decide to stay at their positions, she as precept and Ben as the fine detective he is?
They SF team, returns to the states to find out something is very wrong in one of the houses. Will they be able to sort it out?
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Page 1: Chapters 1-17

Chapter Text

Restless Honeymoon
by Babyloly

 

San Francisco – 2 weeks ago

Nick, Phillip and Kristin have arrived back to San Francisco after the long flight from Israel. Alex met them at the airport.

"Hey Alex," said Nick and gave her a hug.

"Hey Nick. I missed you," she said hugging him back.

Kristin and Phillip waited patiently for the two to say their hellos and break the embrace.

"Hey Phillip. Kristin, it's nice to see you again. I guess you're here to stay this time?" asked Alex.

"Yes. I'm here to stay," answered Kristin, a big smile on her face. She really liked Alex.

"Ok, we better get going back to the house," said Alex. "Derek is waiting for us."

"What is so urgent that he called us back from Israel?" asked Phillip.

"Actually, I'm not really sure," answered Alex. "He didn't really say much to me. But he did seem very anxious the past day, and was really impatient for you guys to arrive. I think there is some problem in one of the houses. I don't know which one though."

Nick picked up his and Kristin's begs while Phillip picked his own, and they followed Alex out to the car. Alex drove quickly and about an hour after they landed they were back at the house on Angel Island.

"Welcome back," said Derek greeting them at the door. "I hope you had rested on the flight because we are gonna be very busy for a while." He then noticed Kristin and said, "Welcome aboard Kristin. Nice to have you here."

"Thank you Derek," she replied. "So what's the emergency?"

"San Diego house. Taylor Lambert and Commode are missing," said Derek.

"Missing? Since when, How?" asked Nick. He knew them both. Taylor was the precept of the San Diego home and Commode was the vampire who's life she saved. They had a strange connection. And it was quite obvious they loved each other a lot. Commode although a vampire was not evil, and was a part of the San Diego house.

"Well, they went into the vault room to get some stuff for a meeting two days ago and were not seen again since then. Sloan is already there investigating, but he want's us there for help as well," said Derek.

"Have the police been notified? How could they have disappeared form the vault? Isn't it protected from evil? Asked Kristin.

"Yes," came Derek's answer. "It seems they went into the vault, but never came out. The team looked for them everywhere. There was no sign of them. The strangest thing is that besides the door there is no other way in or out the vault."

"When do we leave?" asked Nick.

"As soon as you get organized. I figured you'd probably want to freshen up before we go. Would an hour be enough for you guys to get ready?

"No problem chief," said Nick heading upstairs to his room.

"Yes I guess so," came Kristin's response.

"Sure," said Phillip

"Good, we shell meet back here in one hour," said Derek and went back to his office to get organized as well. An hour later they all met back at the entrance and a few minutes later they were inside the chopper flying off to San Diego.

When they arrived at San Diego, they were greeted by Tyree and Tanya. Tyree was the head of security and Tanya was the researcher of the house.

"Welcome," said Tyree. "I'm happy you're here. Sloan has been driving us mad for the past day."

"Sloan is just doing his job," Said Derek.

"We know," said Tanya, "But he makes us feel like it was our fault for what ever happened. And the fact that we can't find an explanation is not helping."

"Let's go inside," said Derek looking at the two of them. They looked exhausted.

As soon as they were inside Sloan greeted Derek and the others. "I'm glad you finally decided to show up. I expected you sooner."

"Sloan, enough. I know you're upset, so am I. That is no reason to lash out at my people or Taylor's people. We got here as soon as we could." He then turned to the head of the security and the researcher and said, "You two look beat. Have you had any sleep?"

"No," answered Tanya. "We haven't slept in nearly 48 hours."

"You two hit the bed. If we'll need you we'll wake you," said Derek.

The two of them seemed grateful and retired to their rooms before Sloan will make any remark.

"Ok now," said Derek facing Sloan. "What have you found till now?"

"Nothing."

"What do mean? I want to see this vault my self," requested Derek.

"Sure," said Sloan. "Follow me."

They all went behind him to the vault and went inside. Alex and Derek both felt very strange.

"Derek, can you feel that?" she asked.

"Yes. It is freezing in here. Colder then normal."

"I don't feel anything," said Nick.

"Me neither," said Kristin. "The temperature here is normal."

Derek and Alex started looking around when they stumbled into some invisible wall. They reached out their hands to touch it. It was like touching ice. Freezing cold.

The others looked at them and couldn't believe it. Nick moved closer and tried to touch this invisible wall. To his amazement, he felt nothing. His hand went right through as if nothing was there. Kristin and Phillip tried as well. Nothing. Neither of them could feel that wall as well.

"What the hell is that?" asked Sloan.

"I don't know," said Derek, "But that is what we are here to find out. I want this place locked. No one is alowed in here except for Alex and me. I don't want anybody else lost," said Derek.

"I'll go into the control room and see what I can find on the computers," said Alex.

"Ok, I'll join you soon," answered Derek.

Alex left the vault room. Nick Kristin and Phillip were left there with Derek and Sloan. Derek looked at his team and said to them, "I want you guys to take turns in watching that door. I want you to make sure no one comes in or out but me and Alex."

"Sure," said Nick. "I'll take first watch, you guys should try and catch some sleep as well. We had a very long day." He sat outside the vault door and began his watch. Phillip and Kristin went upstairs to the guestrooms and took Nick's advice to rest after the long day they had.

Israel Abi-Ben – Present time (on the way to their honeymoon)

Abi and Ben took their time is getting to where ever they were going. Actually, Abi had no idea where Ben is taking her. He made all the arrangements. They were taking their time, stopping on the way every now and again, to admire the scenery and each other, and so they can stretch their legs.

Ben arranged everything. Abi didn't even know where they were going. She was just looking out the window while he was driving. It was almost two hours since they left the house. Ben looked at Abi for a moment only to see that she seemed very tired. Her head was tilting down and a side against the window. He pulled over and Abi woke up.

"Are we there yet?" she asked.

"No. Not yet sweetie."

"Then why have you stopped?"

He smiled at her and then said, "You look very tired. Why don't you take the back of the seat down and lye down for a while?"

Abi looked at him for a minute. She did feel very tired. Lately, she had so much on her mind, she didn't sleep well. Following his suggestion, she lowered the seat and lay there. Ben took a blanket he had on the back seat and covered her.

"You ok?" he asked.

"I'm fine," she said smiling at him.

After gazing at her for a few more seconds he started the car and drove of again. A few minutes later when he looked at Abi again, he saw she was sleeping peacefully.

 

 

Chapter two

San Diego – 2 weeks ago

Taylor woke up feeling her whole body in pain. She looked around in panic and saw Commode was lying on the ground next to her.

She crawled over to him. "Commode," she said shaking him a bit hoping he is ok.

"Taylor?" he asked.

"Yes it's me. Can you get up?"

He got up with no difficulty then helped her up off the floor. They looked around. They had no idea where they are or how they got there. It was very dark in there. The only light were a few candles inside some niches in the wall of what seemed to be a long corridor.

"Where the hell are we? And how did we get here?" asked Taylor.

"I have no idea. The last thing I remember we were inside the vault looking for that golden cross we were investigating."

"You think maybe we should start exploring this place? Maybe try and find a way out?" asked Taylor.

"I suppose so. I really doubt we should stay here. Just in case who ever brought us here will come back. What time is it? Do you have any idea how long we've been here?" asked Commode.

Taylor looked at her watch. "Damn," she said.

"What is it?"

"The damn thing stopped working. It shows 5 minutes after 2pm. That's around the time we got in the vault," answered Taylor.

"Which means we could have been here for a few minutes, a few hours or even a few days. The guys must be really worried about you Taylor," commented the vampire.

"If they are even aware of our disappearance."

The two of them saw a light appear at the horizon of the corridor, and then it disappeared again.

"Let's go," said Commode. "We'll start in the direction of the light we just saw."

Taylor followed him when a breaking sound was heard. They both looked around but there was nothing there. She rushed over to his side and put her hand in his, holding tight. Commode tried to reassure her with a smile and they started walking.

The farther they walked the longer the corridor got. After about what they thought was 2 hours they stopped.

"What the hell?" said Commode. "We've been walking and walking and made no progress at all."

"So it seems," said Taylor. "How can we tell for sure if we have moved along or not?"

"Leave your watch on the floor here. If after we walk some more we won't see it, we'll know we are moving somewhere."

Taylor took off her watch and put it on the floor behind them, and they started walking again. Soon the watch was left behind and nowhere to be seen. They smiled at each other in relief and continued walking. After some time, they weren't sure how long, they saw the watch in front of them on the floor.

"Shit, we've been walking in circles. How could we have got back to the same spot? The corridor doesn't circle. I thought we were walking in a straight line the whole time," said Taylor in anger.

Commode took her into his arms. "Relax" he said. "We don't know we have been walking in circles. Maybe someone is trying to trick us. Maybe they took the watch from its place and put it here to throw us off."

She put her head on his chest and said, "I'm scared Com. Really scared. I want to go home."

"I know," was all he said holding her tight trying to calm her. After a few minutes he felt she was calmer, "Why don't we sit here and rest for a while. Maybe something will come to us. An idea on how to get out of here or something", he said and slid to the floor.

"Ok," answered Taylor and sat on the floor next to him. She was tired, scared and cold.

Commode noticed her shaking and asked, "Taylor, are you ok? You seem cold."

"And what if I am? She asked in an angry voice. "What can you do about it? You don't even have body heat." She suddenly realized what she was saying, "Oh my god" she whispered and hid her face from Commode.

"It's ok Taylor," he said. "I was just gonna offer you my coat."

"I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me. I don't know where these words came from. I didn't mean them Com, I really didn't."

"It's ok," he said again. "I think this place is getting to you. I'm sorry. I wish there was something I could do."

Taylor took her hands off her face and smiled at him, "You can start by giving me that coat you offered, and then can you just hold me for a while?"

Com smiled back at her, took off his coat and she wore it. She then turned to him leaning against his chest, and fell asleep. He wrapped his arms around her and soon fell asleep as well.

+++

Ben/Abi

Ben was driving along and saw the place they were headed for just in front of him. He stopped the car on the side of the road looking at the house. He really hoped Abi would like it as much as he did. He turned to her and softly called out her name.

Abi heard his soft voice calling out to her and opened her eyes. "Hey," she said.

"Hey," he answered. "Wake up sleeping beauty. We've arrived."

"We have?" she asked raising her chair back to a sitting position.

He pointed at the house in front of them. "This is it," he said. "Do you like it?"

"Ben, it's gorgeous. I like it. Can we go inside now? I won't to see if it's as great indoors as it is outdoors," said Abi reaching her hand to him.

Ben Grabbed Abi's hand raised it to his mouth and kissed it. "Sure we can go inside now. It's ours."

At first she didn't realize what he was saying, then it hit her. "Did you say it's ours? You didn't. You bought this house?" she asked surprised.

"Yes," was all he said. He started the car and drove to the front of the house where he stopped and got out. He was walking towards Abi's door to open it for her, when an elderly couple came out from the front door.

"Mr. and Mrs. Adler," said the man. "We were expecting you. Welcome to Ramot Naftali Castle."

Commode/Taylor

Commode woke up from his sleep. As he started to stretch his muscles, he suddenly realized Taylor was not by his side. He looked around but she was no where to be seen. A feeling of Panic came over him, and he got up off the floor and started running along the corridor calling out her name over and over but to no avail. She was gone.

A sudden sharp pain in his left leg caused him to fall down to his knees. "Taylor" he cried out knowing it was her pain he's feeling. Then another sharp pain ran through his right leg. Taylor's dissapearence and the pain he felt cause him to let his tears of panic and pain come running down. Streaks of pale blood ran down his face.

San Diego house

Derek was standing in the control room between Alex and Tanya who were working on the computers, trying to find out all they could about an invisible wall that is very cold to the touch. So far they came up with nothing. Not on their database, or on the net.

Derek felt a sharp pain go through both his legs. He grabbed on to Alex's chair, moaning.

Alex jumped off of her chair to help him. "Derek, what is it? Are you ok?" she asked.

He took deep breaths trying to calm himself and catch his breath. He then looked at the worried Alex. "I'm fine," he said. "It's Taylor. It's her pain I feel. I sense commode is feeling it too."

"How can you possibly feel that?" asked Tanya.

"I don't know. All I can say is that they are no longer together and that worries me." He took another deep breath and said, "I want you two to call all of the houses. Try to see if anyone has ever experienced such an event, or maybe have some knowledge we can use."

"Ok," said Alex. She then took a list of all the houses and divided it between her Tanya. "You call Boston, London, Tokyo and Los Angeles. I'll try Moscow, Beijing, Amsterdam and Jerusalem. We'll try these houses first and if no one can help us there we'll go on with the rest in the list.

"Sure," said Tanya and started dialing.

 

 

Chapter three

Ramot Naftali Castle

Ben and Abi looked at the couple. It seemed Ben recognized them. He smiled at them while he helped Abi out of the car.

"Abi I want you to meat Romi and Dov Kaufman. They were the former owners of the castle."

Abi smiled at the couple and shook hands with them. They seemed nice. "So you came here to greet us? That is so kind of you," said Abi.

"I asked them to get the place ready for us. And I was sure you would like to hear some of the place's history," said Ben.

"I would love to," she looked at Ben, "Shall we go in? I'm freezing out here."

Ben wrapped his arms around her and they followed the Kaufman's. When they reached the door he picked her up in his arms and carried her over the threshold. "Welcome home Mrs. Adler."

Abi had a big smile on her face. She was really enjoying herself. She loved that romantic stuff. "Thank you Mr. Adler. I'm happy to be here," she replied looking into his eyes.

Ben lowered her back to the floor and then they followed the woman named Romi, while she showed them around the house. When the tour was over, Abi and Ben followed her downstairs into the living room. The fire in the fireplace was on, and the room was nice and cozy. Tea, cakes and cookies were waiting for them on the table.

"That is so kind of you," said Abi. "You really shouldn't have gone to so much trouble."

"It was our pleasure," said Dov. "I understand you want to hear the history of this place. Your husband said you are a big history fan."

"Yes indeed I am. Anything you can tell me will be great," answered Abi in enthusiasm.

"I love this place. So I'll be happy to tell you all I know," said Mr. Kaufman.

"Well, if you love the place so much, why did you sell it?" asked Abi.

"We are too old to keep it. And it takes a lot of money to keep this house open. We can't do it anymore. Besides, your husband said you wouldn't be living here. He said that you plan to turn it into a museum."

Abi looked at Ben surprised. A museum? she thought. Ben smiled and she figured they'd have time to talk about all this stuff later. "Ok, so tell me all you can Mr. Kaufman," requested Abi.

"Please call me Dov. Ok. The built of the house started in 1944. April 24th 1944. A Palmach division called Pluga Daled originally started it. In short they were named Bney Peled. They participated with the workers of Sollel Bone (The Israeli Biggest constructors at the time). It took 18 months to finish the house. It finally stood up at Hanukkah (December) of 1945."

He took a sip of his tea then continued. "When war world 2 was over, the Jewish soldiers who served in the British army were released and sent here to house this castle. At one point it was discovered that there was not enough room for the Palmach guys and the former British soldiers under this roof. Eventually Bney Peled left and settled in Beth Lehem."

Abi looked at him listening with interest. She loved to hear the house's history.

"The importance of this place was realized during the early days of the state of Israel. During the independence war, the soldiers who lived and protected this place suffered the most severe attacks by Arabs who tried to conquer this small but strategic point. Once, when the settlement was under heavy attacks and under siege, a small plane carrying Wingate's widow, circled above. She sent down by a parachute the holy bible he has carried with him through his journeys. It was to encourage and raise the peoples spirits in the settlement named after her late husband. The castle barely made it through the war but eventually did survive. It was an important point. It helped keep the Arabs from taking over the Galilee. Many people left the place and only a small core started rebuilding. New houses were built west of the castle, housing new immigrants. But they did not manage to settle and make a living there. So they left. By the early 60's only 13 families remained, and the settlement fell apart. We the Kaufman's were the originals here and for the 3rd time started rebuilding the place. This time the houses were built on the East Side of the castle and were prosperous. They still stand. From upstairs you can see the difference between the West Side and the east. The west is covered with old abandoned houses and the east is flourishing."

"And you've been here since the beginning?" asked Abi.

"Yes. We have been here since the early days. In 1976, when we could still afford it we restored the castle. It is an historical monument. We hope you will do the same. It needs lots of maintenance. So if you really are planning on turning it into a museum it will be a great thing," finished Dov.

"That was some piece of history," said Abi. It caused her to love the place even more. She loved old houses with a history.

"We have to go now," said Romi. We are expecting our children grandchildren and great grandchildren for Dinner. I hope you enjoy your honeymoon. If you need anything, I put our phone number next to the phone so do not hesitate to call."

"Thank you," said Both Abi and Ben. The elderly couple left and they had the house all to themselves now.

"We should get our bags from the car," said Abi.

"Yes," smiled Ben. "I'll go get them."

"You need a hand?" she asked.

"No. You go sit and relax. You're not supposed to carry heavy things. Go on and sit by the fire. I'll be right back."

Abi smiled to herself. she thought, but decided to accept and enjoy it.

+++

Taylor/Commode

Commode was still on the floor when he heard Taylor's voice calling out to him. "Commode, Help me please," he heard her cry. He started looking around and trying to listen where the voice came from.

"Commode," he heard her again.

"Taylor, where are you? Talk to me so I can find you."

"I'm in here, behind the wall," she screamed as loud as she could. "Please Com, they are tearing me apart."

He grabbed the big knife that was hidden behind his back and started feeling the wall to his right, where the sounds seem to come from.

"The candles Com," he heard Taylor say.

He approached one of the candle niches, and tried anything that came to his mind. Moving his hand over the candles. Pushing them, pulling them, nothing. He tried to think what to do next and leaned on the wall, his palm underneath the niche. Suddenly he heard a squeaking sound and a door opened in the wall. He moved in and immediately the door shut behind him. He saw Taylor on the floor. Some kind of plant or something was pinning her down. A branch tied each of her legs apart. He moved closer and with the knife cut of one side. He was planing on moving to the other when a loud scream sounded. He saw a big branch move toward him and trying to hit him, but managed to escape at the last minute. He moved over to Taylor's other leg and cut her loose. He didn't see the attack from behind him but Taylor's eyes widened and he jumped on her rolling the two of them as far from the center of the room as possible.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

"Thank god you are here," she said. "I thought this thing will tear me in pieces."

"Ok, we have to figure out a way to get back to the door and get the hell out of here," said Commode.

A loud sound of laughter was suddenly heard. "That is not how the game is played," said the loud voice. "If you want to get out of here you have to defeat it."

"Who are you?" called Commode. "Why are you doing this?"

There was no answer. Commode was enraged now. He jumped with his knife and attacked whatever he could, shredding the strange plant. Suddenly the door opened. He grabbed Taylor's hand and pulled her toward the door.

They managed to get out of the room safely. They fell down to the floor trying to catch their breaths.

"Com, what did that voice mean? What kind of sick game are we in? Why?" asked Taylor.

"I don't know," he answered.

"If you two want to get out of here, you will have to survive all of the tests we have planed for you." Said the voice again.

"What do you mean?" asked Com.

"There are a few more rooms for you to handle. If you survive, you will be allowed out safely."

"And if we fail?" asked Taylor.

"If you fail, you'll be dead, so it doesn't really matter," answered the voice.

Commode turned to Taylor and asked, "Why did you go off by yourself?"

"I don't know. It was like someone was calling my name. I was walking with my hand on the wall when the door suddenly opened."

"Ok. No more splitting up. We stay together," he said.

"Do you think we must play this stupid game?"

"Yes Taylor. I think it's our only chance to get out of here. I don't think he was kidding."

"Ok, then let's move. You take the left wall; I'll take the right. When a door opens we will go in together," said Taylor.

"Ok. Let's go. Here, take this," he said as he pulled another knife from behind his back.

Taylor took the knife and held on to it tight. They started walking forward, their hands moving along the wall when another door opened.

+++

San Diego House

Tanya spoke to all the houses on the list Alex gave her. Nothing. No one has ever encountered such a thing. And there was nothing on any of their databases. But they all promised to look into this.

Alex also had no luck. She had only one more house to call, the Jerusalem house. She picked up the phone and dialed the no.

"Luna Foundation, Abi Rayne Adler speaking."

"Hi Abi," said Alex, "I thought you and Ben will be on your honeymoon by now."

"Alex. Hi, nice to hear you. We are leaving in two weeks. Is everything ok?" she asked.

"Well, not really. We are in the San Diego house. The precept and one of her colleagues have disappeared. I was wondering if maybe you have some information that can help us," said Alex.

"Sure, Anything I can do to help."

"Have you ever encountered a wall that's invisible and cold to the touch. I mean freezing."

"Can't say that we have, but I can check our new database if you won't mind waiting," said Abi.

"Not at all. I'll wait," replied Alex.

Abi looked at her computer and entered some key words in the search area. She looked at the screen then asked Alex, "Who is the person that the precept disappeared with?"

"His name is Commode. Why do you ask?" wondered Alex.

"Is he Human?" asked Abi in return.

Alex wondered why is Abi asking all these questions, what did she find out? "No," she finally said, "He's a vampire."

"I see," said Abi.

"Abi, what is it? What do you mean I see?" asked Alex.

"There is nothing you can do guys. You'll just have to wait and see. I'm sending you all the material I have. You'll understand. Is my dad there?"

"Yes. Do you wish to talk to him?"

"No, that's ok. You guys probably have a lot to do. Show him the files I sent. He'll understand. Bye Alex."

"Bye Abi," said Alex.

Abi hung up the phone leaving Alex a bit speechless. What does she mean there is nothing we can do? There is always something to do.

 

 

Chapter 4

San Diego house

Alex went looking for Derek to tell him what Abi said, and show him the material she sent. She found him talking to Nick downstairs by the vault.

She handed Derek the file. "Abi said there is nothing we can do but wait," she said looking at Derek's expression as he read through the file.

"Damn," he said. "She is right. There is nothing we can do. I always thought this was a legend. I had no idea," he mumbled as if to himself.

"A legend?" asked Nick. "What kind of legend?"

Derek looked up at the two of them. "It is said that when a non human is in love with a human, he or she can make a wish before the oracles and the couple is sent to be tested. If they pass all that is presented to them, the non human can be granted his wish."

"Oracles? What are they?" asked Nick.

"We call then the powers that be. They are gods from the mythology. I always assumed this was part of the mythology that was an actual myth, a legend. We never encountered such a case before," answered the precept.

"What kind of wish do they make to have to face such a test?" asked Alex.

"To become human. To be able to spend their lives with the person they love," he answered.

"So there really is nothing we can do but wait until they get back?" asked the x-seal.

"Unfortunately yes," answered Derek. "We can only wait. It might take a few days." Derek turned his look to Alex. "Alex, I want you, Kristin and Phillip to go back to San Francisco. We have been a way too much lately. Until this matter is resolved, I'll stay here with Nick."

Alex hesitated. She didn't want to leave but Derek was right. "Ok," she said.

"Nick, come on upstairs. There is no reason to guard the vault anymore. When they return we will know." After saying that Derek followed Alex and he and Nick went upstairs to the control room. Alex told Kristin and Phillip the news, when the two of them came in.

Phillip opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something, when a bright white light appeared. Everyone stared at the light. Both Nick and Tyree pulled out their guns and pointed them at the light. Then a figure appeared out of the light.

"Oh my god," said Phillip and crossed himself.

Nick's eyes widened. "Julia? He asked. "Is that really you?"

"Yes," she said. "I heard what happened. I would like to try," she said hesitantly looking at Derek.

He looked at her fearing she was about to ask what he was thinking about.

"I want that wish," she said looking at Nick. "That is if Nick wants me to."

Nick was stunned. He looked at her but couldn't say a word.

"What about Abi?" asked Derek.

"She told me about all this. She said I should try to do it, if that's what Nick and I want." She turned back to x-seal. "Nick?" she asked. "Do you want me to make the wish?"

Nick looked at her, his eyes bright from the tears he dared no shed. "Yes," was all he managed to say.

All the people in the control room looked at them as Nick reached his hand to hers. "What do we have to do?" he asked when he managed to gain back control of his voice. He tried to take her hand in his but it went through.

"Let's go down to the vault," she answered smiling.

The members of the San Diego house and The San Francisco house followed the two of them down to the vault. Once in there Julia got down on her knees and began to pray. "I wish upon the powers that be, the great oracles, to allow me the return to the earth realm. I wish to become human again so I can spent my life with the man I love," she said Looking at Nick, "The man who loves me," she finished.

A bright light went through her body. She then reached her hand to Nick. This time he was able to hold it. She became flesh and blood. Nick was surprised.

"To go through the tests, I need a physical body," she explained.

Suddenly a loud sound tore the silence of the vault room. The invisible wall then appeared. It seemed like jelly, unstable, and a big door then opened in it.

"Nick, there is no turning back from here," said Julia. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes, I'm sure," he said. He held her hand and they both looked at the others before they turned and passed over the threshold. As soon as they did, the door closed behind and the wall disappeared again.

Alex felt a few tears coming up in her eyes. She turned and left the vault in a hurry. Derek saw this and was about to go after her, when Kristin stopped him. "I think she needs a woman to talk to right now," she said.

Derek nodded. His eyes then looked for Phillip. When he saw him he said, "Phillip, I want you and the girls to fly back to San Francisco. There is nothing more you guys can do here. I will stay until this is over."

Phillip looked at him in agreement. "Ok," he said. "I'll go arrange a flight."

"How could you just let him go like that?" asked Tyree all of a sudden.

"It was his choice Tyree. There was nothing I could have said that would stop him," answered Derek.

Derek then noticed Sloan. "You don't have anything to say?" he asked.

"No," answered Sloan. He hated to admit it, but it seemed Derek had full control of the situation. "I think however you should also go back to San Francisco."

"I'm going nowhere with out Nick," answered Derek.

Sloan just nodded and left the vault room heading upstairs to the control room, Derek Tyree and Tanya following him.

San Diego house – Kitchen - Alex/Kristin

Kristin looked for Alex and found her in the kitchen. She was holding a glass of water sipping from it slowly. Kristin didn't see her face but could see she was whimpering. "Alex, are you ok?" she asked.

"Not really," answered Alex not turning her face.

"You must really love him," said Kristin.

"I do. And lately we became closer. After he came back from Israel I thought he finally accepted the fact Julia will never come back, but now this."

"I'm sorry. Do you wish to talk, or would you like to be left alone?" asked the blond.

"I…. I knew he loved Julia, more then he would ever be able to love me. But it didn't matter. I was willing to live with that. I never expected her to return. Some part of me wishes they'd fail. But on the other hand I love them both and hope they succeed." Alex's tears were flowing now. She turned to look at Kristin then sat at the kitchen table. Kristin sat next to her.

"You deserve a man who will love you completely Alex. You would have never been truly happy with Nick. Not while knowing his true love is for someone else," said Kristin trying to comfort her.

"I know. I'll get over this. I love him, but we were only starting to build the relationship. We didn't even sleep together yet."

Kristin looked at her, "That's the spirit," she said. "You are young and beautiful, you will find someone to love. Someone who will love you back, as you deserve. Are you sure you'll be ok?"

"Yes," said Alex. "We better get upstairs and pack to leave."

"Right," nodded Kristin.

Phillip came into the kitchen then announcing "I arranged a flight to San Francisco in 2 hours so we better get a move on."

Alex and Kristin went upstairs together not talking. Each to her own thoughts about the one she loves. The one she seems unable to have. Within 30 minutes all three of them were packed and left to the airport.

 

 

Julia/Nick

They heard the door close behind them and turned back to look at it. There was nothing. They found themselves in a big field. In the center of the field was a big cross. Julia felt shivers go up and down her spine. Remembering the day of her death.

Nick felt her shaking and took her hands in his, turning her so she would face him. "I love you Julia, and I'm not gonna allow anything to ruin this chance we got. We will get out of here. Together. I promise."

Julia looked at him smiling. "Thank you Nick," she said. "I think Alex is going to have a rough time if we make it."

"We will make it. I love Alex. But she is not you. You are my soul mate. She will handle it. She is a strong beautiful woman and she will find a love of her own some day. Someone she'll love more then she ever loved me."

Julia raised her eyes and suddenly saw the figure of Shamus coming toward her. She felt horror embracing her heart. "Nick, it's him," she whispered.

Nick looked for his gun but it was gone. He then started running toward the center of the field Julia running in his footsteps. He reached the big cross and grabbed it. Pulling it out of the ground. When the demon approached them he made a loud roar and pushed it at him. The cross was nailed into the demon's heart and he fell down to the ground. Then he disappeared. As soon as he was gone a door opened in the field. Julia and Nick looked at each other then went through it together. "That was way too easy," said Julia.

"I see you understand the game," said a loud laughing voice. "That was just a preview of what's a head."

They were now in a corridor. Dark and long. "Your friends have chosen the write side of the corridor. You may have the left side. Find the doors. Let the cycle begin," said the voice echoing a way in laughter.

"How the hell are we supposed to find these doors?" asked Nick. "There is no sign of any door along this corridor."

"Well," said Julia, "The voice said we have to find the doors our selves. I suggest we start with the candles. They have to be the `handle' or something like that." She moved over to one of the niches and put her hand in. she moved her hand along the sides of the candles then above. A sound was heard and a door was opened. They held on to each other and stepped in, uncertain what fate awaits them."

 

Abi/Ben

Ben got back from the car with the bags. He dropped them on the floor and went looking for Abi in the living room. While he was gone she spread an old sleeping bag on the carpet next to the fireplace. On the sleeping bag she spread a few blankets. She was lying on her side staring at the fire. He stood at the door looking at her for a minute. Her light white dress was almost transparent now. He could see every curve of her body.

She suddenly whispered softly, "What are you doing way over there my love?"

He smiled and moved closer to her. He sat on the sleeping bag behind her. Pulling her into a sitting position he held on to her. He kissed her neck softly. Then his hands moved up to the dress's zipper and he pulled it down, moving his mouth at the same path, kissing her back all the way from her neck to her waists. "I love you Abi," he whispered in her ear.

"Do you really?" she asked teasing him a little.

"You want me to show you just how much?" he asked.

"Yes. Why don't you show me," she said smiling.

Ben pulled down the dress from her shoulders. He then pushed her down to the improvised mattress. He lowered himself on her kissing her sweet lips. "Shouldn't we go upstairs to bed?" he asked.

"No. I want you right here right now," answered Abi.

He opened her bra and tossed it a way. Then he pulled the dress down her hips and tossed it as well. Her panties were the next to drop. He stared at her naked body for a minute. She was only 10 weeks pregnant and it did not show yet, however she started to get a little rounder and he enjoyed it.

Abi raised her hands and quietly unbuttoned his shirt and took it off. She opened his pants and tried to pull them down. Ben was lying on top of her, which made it a hard assignment. He giggled and rolled next to her kicking his pants and underwear a way.

They were lying next to each other admiring each other's body by caressing and kissing.

"Ben," she said.

"What is it sweetie?"

"Make love to me now."

She didn't have to say any more, he was so aroused he felt like he was about to explode. He climbed on top of her and slid inside in one swift move.

"I love you too Ben," whispered Abi as he dove deeper inside her.

 

 

Chapter five

Abi/Ben

Abi and Ben were lying satisfied in each other's arms. Abi stared into his eyes and suddenly said, "Ben?"

"What dear?"

"What are we going to do?" she asked.

"About what Abi?" he asked, knowing well what she had in mind but preferring to ignore it.

"About the future," she answered. "Our future."

"Honey, it's our first night," said Ben.

"So?"

"So why don't we just have fun with each other for a few days before we start thinking such heavy thoughts?" asked Ben.

Abi smiled, her lips looked for his and they kissed softly. Suddenly Abi raised her head. "Do you hear that?" she asked.

Music was coming from somewhere in the house. It sounded like someone was playing a piano.

Abi got up and wrapped the blanket that covered them around her naked body. Ben got another blanket to put around himself and followed her in the direction of the sound saying; "Yes I heard it too."

They looked around until they came into the dining room. In the corner was an old white piano. There was no one sitting there. Abi moved closer and waved her hand over the seat. She felt nothing. There was no presence of anything. Right then the phone rang.

Ben picked up the receiver. He heard Mrs. Kaufman. "Ben, I hope I did not disturb you kids," she said.

"Not at all," he answered.

"I'm sorry. I forgot to worn you about the piano, I hear it is playing."

"Yes. Please don't tell me the house is haunted," said Ben crossing his fingers looking at Abi.

"Oh no," said Romi laughing. "We had an electronic device we programmed to set the piano on every night at the same time. We forgot to disconnect it. I'm sorry. I hope it didn't scare you two."

"Not at all," answered Ben. He looked at Abi and told her what Romi said. Abi started laughing and came closer to him.

"I'll send my husband to disconnect the timer tomorrow. I'm really sorry, didn't mean to scare you," said Romi.

Abi, standing close to Ben heard her remark. She took the receiver from Ben's hands and said, "That's ok Romi. Don't bother yourself. Actually I like it. Let's just leave it as it is."

"If you're sure."

"I am sure," said Abi. "Good night Romi," she continued and hung up the phone. "Shall we dance?" she asked Ben.

Ben smiled opened the blanket that was covering him and pulled Abi inside with him. She let her own blanket fall to the floor, coming closer to Ben's worm body, holding her arms around him. They danced to the sounds of the piano for a while until it suddenly stopped. Abi lay her head on Ben's chest, holding on to him. He lowered his lips to catch hers and they kissed again. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he helped her settle her legs around his waists. She felt him slide inside her, and so they were making love while dancing. Ben walked back into the living room and went down to the mattress with her. Niether one of them noticed the two figures hovering above them.

"I want that body," said one of the figures to the other.

"I want that too, but we have to be patient. We have to be sure we can control them. She is very strong. He is not as strong, but she will protect him with her life. We need to wait a while longer," answered the other figure.

"We are very lucky she decided to turn off her guard, or she would have noticed our presence the minute they walked in the door," said the first figure. "It's the child that concerns me. It possesses most of its mother's strength. It will probably be more powerful then she is. And if so I won't be able to control her."

"Then we have to get rid of the child before we can control these two. And I have an idea," said the other figure and then they both vanished, leaving Abi and Ben to their love making, thinking it soon will be the two of them making love to each other.

 

Taylor/Commode

Taylor and Commode entered the room they opened and the door immediately closed behind them. It seemed to be a graveyard. It was very dark and Commode looked for some way to light a torch or something that will make it easier for them to see what it is they are about to face. Commode felt strange vibes going through his body. A tingling feeling that went down from his neck down his spine. Taylor found a small piece of wood and tore some on the lining inside Commode's coat. She wrapped the cloth around the stick and then lighted it with the lighter she had in her pocket.

"Taylor, where did you get that lighter?" asked commode.

"I confiscated it from Tyree. I asked him not to smoke in the house, but he wouldn't listen so when I saw him smoke, I just took the lighter from him. I almost forgot I had it."

"O.k. Are you ready to do some exploring?" he asked her.

"I guess so," she answered. She still had no idea why they were put to these tests. She followed Com as he started walking through the graveyard. They both heard the horrifying shriek. Then some of the bodies started rising from the graves surrounding them.

"Vampires," whispered Commode. "Taylor, find a place to hide, hurry."

"And leave you to face them alone? You must be kidding." Taylor looked around to see if there was anything that could possibly be used as a weapon. She looked down and saw two stakes. She smiled and picked them up. "Com, Catch," she said and threw one of the stakes in his direction.

The newly awaken vampires then launched their attack. Commode managed to kill a few of them and so did Taylor, but new ones kept creeping out of the graves. They both felt they would not be able to hang on much longer. They need a game plan. They suddenly saw a small cabin not far from them. Taylor looked at Commode and started running towards the cabin. He managed to escape one more attacker and followed her into the cabin.

"We'll be safe here for a while," he said. "They can't come in here uninvited. This will give us some time to plan a counter strike.

They looked around and suddenly saw in the corner a few barrels. Commode went over and opened one of them. "Gasoline," he said to Taylor smiling. He had an idea that might get them off the hook.Julia/Nick

Julia and Nick entered the door they opened and went in. They found themselves in a garden. Actually they were inside what seemed to be a maze. A garden maze. Nick grabbed Julia's hand. "Promise me," he said, "Promise me we are not gonna split up. No matter what Julia, we are staying together."

"I promise Nick. I'm not gonna let you out of my site."

They started exploring the maze together. They were going and going and it was two hours before they realized they made no progress at all. In fact they returned back to the point they started out of.

"Nick, Let's sit down and relax," suggested Julia. She saw how irritated he was.

At the sound of her request he got a worried look on his face. "Are you ok Jules?" he asked hesitantly.

"I'm fine, just a bit tired. We've been walking for a few hours with no results. Let's just sit, rest and try again in a while."

"Ok," he said and sat down on the ground next to her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. He was afraid to let her out of his sight. Afraid that if he takes his eyes off of her for even one minute she'll disappear again.

"Nick, so far we have taken only left turns. Maybe we should try going to the right this time," said Julia.

"Do you think so?" he asked. "I have a feeling we will only end up back here. Right where we started."

"We don't really have a choice, do we?"

"No," he said. "I guess not. Are you up to it?" he asked concerned.

"I'm fine. I'm rested and I say let's go."

Nick got up and helped her to her feet. When she was standing next to him, he couldn't resist and wrapped his arms around her body, his lips seeking hers. She missed him so much, and all she wanted was to just give up to his sweet kissing lips. She allowed them a few minutes of indulgence before pushing Nick gently away. "We need to get out of here Nicky. We will have plenty of time for that later."

Reluctant, Nick released her from his embrace. And they headed around the maze again, this time taking all the right turns.

After two more hours, again they ended up in the spot they started at. Nick was frustrated and angry. "Damn," he shouted when they reached the same spot. "Damn, damn damn," he repeated.

Julia came behind him and wrapped her arms around his waists. "Relax honey," she said. "We will find a way out of here, I promise."

Nick turned around in her arms to face her. He smiled when he saw how beautiful she is. He tried to savor every minute of this time they were given together. Just in case they'd fail.

 

 

Chapter 6

Taylor/Commode

Taylor and Commode looked around the cabin they were in. After finding the gasoline barrels they had an idea on how to eliminate the vampires. There were a few cardboard bottles in the cabin and a few glass ones which the two filled up with the gasoline.

"Taylor give me the rest of the coat's lining," asked Commode.

Taylor took of the coat and tore the linen out handing it over to him.

Commode tore the lining into little stripes and put a piece into the tip of every bottle. Once they had enough bottles they decided it's time to finish off in this place and find a way out and into the next challenge.

They were both carrying a few bottles and headed out of the cabin. Commode lit one bottle just as they came out knowing that a few vampires were standing there waiting for them. He opened the door and aimed at the feet of them. He wanted the fire to hit them all not just one of them and so it did. The bottle exploded on the ground and sparks flew around at the three vampires that stood there. In a minute the fire consumed them and both Taylor and Commode ran over to the graveyard. More vampires started crawling out of the graves. Taylor threw a few of the bottles inside the graveyard lighting up a few vampires, while Commode threw them around making sure the whole area will be encircled with fire. He wanted to make sure no vampire would make it out of that area.

A few vampires tried to get out of the circle but Taylor was standing ready with the wooden stakes hitting them at first sight. Soon the fire consumed most of the vampires. Some were burnt inside the graves.

Taylor looked at the burning ashes of what was left of the graveyard and headed in the direction they thought they came from. The door opened.

"You made it through this far. You think your triumph will continue in the next challenge?" asked the voice they heard before.

"Why the hell are you doing this to us?" shouted Taylor.

"You did not tell her?" asked the voice.

"Com, what does he mean? Do you know why are we here?"

Commode was a little puzzled. He wasn't really sure why they were in this place. "What exactly was I supposed to tell her? I don't even know why we're here," he said.

"Humanity," answered the voice. "Did you not ask to become human for her?"

"Oh Commode. Did you? Is that what you want? I thought we agreed to accept one another as we are. Love each other for as long as possible."

Commode lowered his head. He did not want her to see the effect her words had on him.

Taylor looked at him and realized just how much he loves her. "I'm sorry," she said. "I did not mean to hurt you Com. I love you."

"When I made that wish, I did not really expect it to come true. I had no idea that it would lead to this. I wish I never made it."

"No. I'm glad you did. I understand. We will get through this. I promise. Now that I know why…"

"It will be easier to face things?" asked Commode.

"Yes. It will make it easier because I now know what's waiting for us at the end. A gift. A wonderful life together. As man and woman," answered Taylor.

"Husband and wife," said Com. When he saw her surprised look he continued, "At lease I hope so."

Taylor was unable to speak. She wanted it too, but she did not want her hopes to be shattered if they'd fail. She left the room and entered the hall again, Commode following her. He knew how she felt.

Com reached out his hand and took hold of Taylor's arm. She had no choice but to turn and face him. He just smiled at her not saying a word. She looked at his beautiful face and a feeling of completion came over her. She knew she found her soul mate. Her other half. She will never give that up.

"Let's go," she said smiling back at him. They continued down the corridor to the next niche. Taylor raised her hand and pushed it underneath the candles. A new door opened. Com looked at Taylor and hand in hand they crossed over ready to face what may come their way.

 

 

 

Julia/Nick

Julia felt Nick's rage growing over time as they were thinking of a way out of the maze.

"Julia, we can't just sit here. Let's go."

"Go where Nick? We tried it both ways and ended up at the exact point we started from. Do you have any idea what to do?" answered Julia obviously amused.

Nick, seeing her amused face, couldn't stay mad anymore. He started laughing a loud free laugh. Letting all the tension out of his system.

Julia looked at him and said, "You haven't changed Nicky. Still a short fuse as ever." She joined his laughter and suddenly a new trail opened inside the maze. They looked at each other and followed the trail as it grew. After a short while they were out of the maze and back in the hall.

"That was really strange," said Nick. "I can't believe laughter was the key to us getting out of there."

"I think that it was a great lesson for you my love. Learn to be more patient, less reckless and stop acting like a dynamite with a very short fuse," answered Julia.

"You think we should go on or would you like to rest?" asked Nick.

"We rested enough, let's go. I want to get it all done ASAP," she said.

"Now who is the impatient one?" Asked Nick.

"I guess that would be me," said Julia grinning. "Let's move it Boyle."

Nick followed her to the nearest niche. She put her hand in and a new door opened. She immediately walked in and Nick entered right behind her. The door closed behind them. The two of them started looking around. The place seemed familiar to them. Then they realized it's the roof of their San Francisco house they were standing on. A cold hard wind was blowing, almost knocking them over.

Julia reached out her hand to Nick and he grabbed it tight. They tried talking, but were unable to hear one another. Suddenly the wind stopped. And the two of them stood still, not sure what may come next.

A loud scream startled them and suddenly they were surrounded by the five seplicurs, and the five fallen angels that were released from them.

Julia saw two swords laying on the floor and signed Nick to get one while she picked up the other. She started swinging the sword over her head. Nick picked up his sword and followed her motions.

He soon managed to saber the head from two of the beings and, Julia had one kill. They were faced against two more of these fallen angels. One of them picked up Nick at the neck and tilted him from side to side. Julia jumped and tried to release Nick. The other one grabbed her from behind and through her against the wall. She hit her face and fell down to the ground unconscious.

"No," screamed Nick. "Not again, you bustard." He was still holding his sword so he raised it in his new restored anger, and cut of the hand that was holding him. He ran over to Julia's side while trying to catch his breath back. "Julia," he called touching her face. No answer. He tried to awaken her again when the demon attacked him once more. He tried to shake it off his back, but couldn't. He fought a little longer and suddenly felt the weight of the demon lifted from his shoulders. He looked back and saw Julia standing with the sword in one hand and the demon's head in the other.

The last one was suddenly standing behind Julia and charged. Nick pushed Julia aside and out of the way. The demon was now screaming and heating him then finally threw him over the edge.

"Nick," screamed Julia. The demon turned his attention to her again. "Now that your boyfriend is gone, I'm finally going to take you back with me," It said.

"Never," she said looking to the side seeing Nick hanging to the edge. she thought. "I will never surrender to your evil," she screamed at the demon trying to get his attention so it wouldn't see Nick.

With his last strength, Nick pulled himself up over the edge and onto the roof. He looked around for his sword but it was no where. Shit, it probably fell down, he figured. What now? He wondered.

The demonic being suddenly felt Nick's presence behind it, and turned to him. It was getting really angry now and was getting ready to jump at him when Julia screamed.

"No. Take me."

The demon looked at her suspicious.

"Take me," she said once more. "Leave Nick alone. Please, don't hurt him."

"If I do that you will surrender to me?" asked the fallen angel.

"Yes," she said.

"Julia, don't you dare do this," she heard Nick say.

"I'm sorry Nicky, I must."

Nick moved around the roof trying to get closer to her. She was holding the sword and suddenly threw is at his direction.

The demon looked at Nick and charged. Nick picked up the sword trying to fight him off but the creature grabbed him by the neck and held him over the side of the roof.

"Please," pleaded Julia. "I will come with you just leave him alone."

The demon threw Nick on the floor and approached Julia. She stood still, trying to see if Nick was ok.

The demon saw this and his anger grew even more. "No," it said viciously. "First I will kill him and then take you."

Julia saw him turn on Nick again, and ran in front of him to protect the unconscious man.

The creature laid his hand on her chest and she felt his hand starting to go in trying to grip her heart. She screamed in pain.

Suddenly Nick who was on the floor underneath her picked up the sword that was next to him and hit the creature as hard as he could. The demon shrieked and dangled on his feet.

"Damn you," it said and charged Nick again. The young man raised the sword and in an instant everything went quiet. The creature landed on Nick and they both fell to the floor. Julia, who was in great pain tried to crawl over calling out the young man's name.

"Nick, Nick, Please Boyle, tell me you're ok." She feared the worst.

Suddenly the two bodies started moving. Nick moved the now dead demon of off him and got on his knees rushing to Julia's side. "I'm ok," he said. "How are you?"

Julia looked at the scratches the demon left on her chest. They seemed to be healing quickly. "I'm fine," she answered.

Nick got up to his feet and then helped Julia up as well. They heard the door open and rushed out of the room.

"Were you really gonna give your life for me?" asked Nick. "After all we've gone through you were willing to give it all up to save me?"

"Yes Nicky. I would rather die again then let you get hurt or die over me."

"Don't do that again," he said. "I would rather die as well then lose you again." He grabbed her in his arms and then embraced her saying, "We are getting out of here together or not at all, Ok?"

Julia buried her face in his chest. She had realized just how much this young man loves her. She knew how hard it was for him to show his emotions, and was thrilled to hear him say those words.

They stood there hugging for a while, when the voice they heard before said, "Time to get moving. No time to waste."

The two of them parted and holding hands went on through the hall for their next challenge.

 

 

Chapter 7

San Diego house

The phone was ringing in the San Diego control room and Tanya picked it up, "Luna foundation, Tanya speaking."

"Hi Tanya, its Alex. May I speak to Derek please?" said the woman on the other side.

"Sure Alex." Tanya handed over the phone to Derek.

"Hi Alex," he said. "Is everything all right?"

"Yes, all is fine. I was just wandering if anything happened on your side," she asked.

"No." he answered. "Sorry Alex, none of them is back yet. Are there any pressing matters at the house?"

"No. We received an artifact from the SF museum to check, so we are all working on that," she answered.

"Ok then," said Derek. "I'll call you the minute anything happens," he promised her.

"You do that," she said before hanging up.

 

 

Taylor/Commode

Taylor walked into the room followed by Commode. They found themselves in a small village. It seemed to be a nice peaceful place but they knew it probably wouldn't be long before they find out the reason they are there.

They decided to take a look around the place to see if any other "people" or beings are there.

"Burn witch, burn," they heard people screaming, and followed the sound. They arrived at the center of the village and were amazed by what they saw. All the villagers were standing around in a circle. In the middle of the circle, a young woman was tied to a poll and small pieces of wood were scattered around her from all sides. The man standing near her, who seemed to be the priest of the village shouted, "Let's burn the witch," and the people were answering him by saying, "Burn witch, burn."

Taylor started pushing her way through the circle of people shouting, "Stop it, stop it at once. Have you people gone mad?"

Commode was pushing his way trying to catch her and stop her from doing something stupid but was obviously too late.

"Who are you?" asked the priest.

"Taylor, Taylor Lambert," she answered. "What has this woman done to make you believe she is a witch?" she asked.

"She seduced the mayor. An honest man. A man of family. She dragged him with a potion she concocted."

"And that means she's a witch? How can you be so…..?" Com reached her at that moment and grabbed her arm.

"Don't say something you'll regret," he suggested. Then looking at the priest asked, "Have you tested her witches ability? Every one can make a potion from plants and seeds. That does not automatically make them a witch."

"Siege them," said the priest to his people, and four large men stepped forward and held on to both Com and Taylor.

The priest lowered the torch he was holding, and lighted the wood around the young woman. She started screaming in fear, and Commode who was by far stronger then the two men holding him jumped out of their grip and ran into the fire tearing the ropes that were holding her. Her clothes were on fire so he took off what was left of his coat and put the fire out with it.

Com was angry and when he raised his head to face the priest, everyone could see his vampire looks.

People started screaming "Vampire. He's a vampire. Commode felt them closing in on him when suddenly a few men with cross bows and wooden arrows appeared from behind him. Taylor saw them as well. She ran toward him.

The crowed surrounding him cleared a path for her. And she was standing next to him. "Please," she said. "He is not evil. Don't hurt him. The priest laughed at her plea and said, "Ready, aim, fire."

Taylor couldn't accept the fact that she will have to live with out him and as soon as the arrows were shot she positioned her self in front of him. Before Commode had a chance to react and push her out of the way, the arrows hit her in the back. Three arrows penetrated her flesh and she slid down to the ground blood running out from the side of her mouth.

"I'm sorry Com. I'm so sorry. I guess it was not meant to be."

Commode looked up looking for the people but they all vanished. He felt his bonds loosen and fell down to the ground next to Taylor. He took out the arrows still in her body and picked her up in his arms. "Are you satisfied now?" he screamed in agony. "Why did you let her die? It was my wish, I should have been dead now instead of her."

"You can still save her," said the voice he heard a few times before.

"How?" he asked.

"Make her like you."

"You mean turn her into a vampire?" Commode thought for a moment then he said, "I'd rather she'll stay dead then become an evil vampire, which is what will happen. No way. I will never allow her to become what I was. She is not evil, never have been, never will be."

He sat on the ground still holding on to her body, when a bright white light surrounded them both.

When the light disappeared, Com saw they were no longer in the village. They where inside a room, it was so white, almost blinding.

Taylor was lying on the floor next to him. Suddenly he heard her moaning and mumbling something incoherent. He bent down and looked at her back. The wounds were gone. Healed as if she was never hurt. He was amazed and helped her back to her feet.

"Taylor, are you ok?" he asked concerned.

"Yes. At least I think so. What happened? The last thing I remember, the arrows hit me. How did we get here?" she asked.

"You both passed the test," they heard a voice saying. They turned and saw a small stairway, at the top were standing two beings. They seemed almost human but they were the color of silver.

"Who are you," asked Commode.

"We are the oracles. We are the ones who gave you a chance to fulfill your wish," said the mail oracle.

"We had to make sure you two are ready for the change that will come in your lives if the wish is granted. We had to make sure you are right for each other," said the female oracle.

"So what now? Is he human now?" asked Taylor.

"No, not yet. He will be after he drinks this potion," said the female. "Come here Commode," she commanded.

He stepped forward to her and reached out his hand for the potion.

"Not so fast Commode. If you drink this potion there is no way back. You will become a human with all the limitations of the human body. Something you didn't have to face while being a vampire. There is still a chance for you to change your mind. No harm will be done."

Commode looked at Taylor. He stared at her for a second then turned over to the oracle. "She is worth it," he said softly.

"Then the potion is yours," she said giving him the cup. "Drink it."

Com took the cup of her hands and immediately drank the green fluid that was in it in one sip.

He stepped back to where Taylor was. Suddenly sharp pains went through his body. He fell down to the floor feeling a rush of blood going through his veins. Suddenly he felt his heart start to beat. He took Taylor's arm and put it on his chest. "I'm coming to life," he said. "Can you feel it?" he asked her.

Taylor's hand felt the new restored beating heart. "Yes," she said. "I can feel it."

A few minutes later the pain in his body subsided and Taylor helped him up. A door was opened behind them and the oracles pointed in that direction.

"Your wish has been granted. Now you can leave."

Taylor and Commode headed for the door. As soon as they passed the threshold they found themselves out in the open air. The sun was shining and Com panicked trying to cover him self.

"Com, You are human now. Sunlight can not hurt you anymore," said Taylor quietly.

Commode stood up straight in the sunlight. He hasn't been in the sun in nearly 400 hundred years. Then suddenly he started laughing.

"We did it," he said. "We made our dream come true." He looked around and said, "Isn't that the house's back yard?"

Taylor looked around and said, "Yes, it is the San Diego back yard. Let's go in the house and tell all we are back.

They headed to the front of the house holding hands, and when they reached the front, they knocked on the door.

Tyree opened the door and couldn't believe his eyes. "Taylor, Commode. Is that really you guys?"

He pulled them in and led them straight to the control room. "Derek, look who's back," he said.

Derek looked up and saw the couple. "Did it work?" he asked.

"Yes," said Taylor thrilled. She had a big smile on her face. "Com, is now as human as the rest of us," she said.

"And are you happy about it Com?" asked Tyree and Derek together.

"I am. Very happy." He looked at all of them and suddenly turned to face Taylor. He got down on one knee before her. "Taylor Lambert, will you marry me?" he asked.

Taylor fell down to her knees in front of him, and put her arms around him. "Yes," she said.

They held on to each other for a minute, when suddenly Com asked, "How long have we been missing?"

"Five days," answered Derek. "Have you by any chance met Nick and Julia while inside?" he asked.

"Julia? I thought she was dead." Said Taylor.

"Yes, she died. But she came back and made the wish as well. She and Nick went in there about 3 days ago," said Derek.

Taylor and Commode looked at each other then at Derek. "I'm sure they'll be ok," said Taylor.

She looked at her self; she was dirty and tired. "I'm going upstairs to take a shower," she said.

She was heading out of the room when she heard Com's voice behind her. "Would you like some company?" he asked.

Taylor looked back and smiled. Then she held out her hand to him. "I'd love the company," she said, and holding on to Com's hand, the two of them headed upstairs.

"I hope Nick and Julia will be as successful," said Derek. "I hope they'll be back soon."

TBC