Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
421
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,243

Nuclear universe

Summary:

Rating: FRC
Pairing: Jethro/Tony/Cait/Tim
Summary: McGee wonders about what he got himself into when he signed up with Gibbs.
Word count: 395
Author’s Note: This is the first (completed) fic I’ve ever written in present tense. So please tell me what parts Istill need to work on.
Disclaimer: I did not the invent the characters seen on NCIS, nor do I own them. This is for fun only. Go to the official Paramount and CBS site to see who *does* own them.
Submitted through the NavyNCISslash mailing list. This list can no longer approve new members posts, please join us at NavyNCISslash2

Work Text:

Nuclear universe
by Lt. Cate Pike aka Stargazer83

He guesses they could call it team-building. But he's sure other people would call it something else. Honestly he couldn't care less what they would call it. Though he does wonder what he should call it. The technical term sounds so... inadequate. Maybe it doesn't need a name. It just is.

He shifts a little so he can look at all of them. Sprawled over the obscene large bed. Only DiNozzo... Though it does make him wonder. Did they do this before? Or was he the missing piece to the puzzle. He likes to think that it was the latter. But that probably goes for all of them. Take one person out of the equation and it wouldn't work. Because sometimes two aren't enough to complete a picture. And sometimes not even three.

He takes a moment to study all of them. Take in all that makes them unique. And he realizes that all off them separately could still function independently. The world would still go on turning if they had never met. But none of this would be as perfect as this. Yes. They are a team. In every aspect of their lives.

Tim finds Cait silently studying him from her position with her head on Tony's stomach and her legs somehow tangled with Gibbs'. If their skin colors weren't so different you couldn't tell which leg belonged to whom.

She regards him quietly, a small frown on her forehead. Always the profiler. And he just stares right back into her eyes.

He thinks that maybe he should say something. But then maybe not. They don't really need words a lot of the time. Not here anyway.

Cait smiles and snuggles back into her human pillow. DiNozzo tightens his arms around her but doesn't wake up. Tim watches her lightly stroke his shoulder and then close her eyes again.

He gazes outside for a moment. Watching the snowflakes silence the world. He lets them drain his thoughts and settles back into his place in the comfortable nest that are the bodies of the people he has come to love.

He really doesn't know how exactly it is that they ended up like this. But it doesn't get better than this. Now is all there is. This is his perfect universe. And when he will wake up again, it'll still be just that.

[the end]