Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
12,188
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
723

The Jerusalem Adventure

Summary:

Fandom: Poltergeist The Legacy
Pairing: None yet
Rating: Gen
Status: New complete
Archive: I would like for this story to be included in the WWOMB
Feedback: Yes please.
Series/Sequel: Yes. Au series
Other websites: None at the moment
Disclaimers: This story is not meant to infringe the copyrights of MGM, Trilogy, or anyone else who owns them. The characters and The Legacy Houses are properties of who owns the copyrights.
Summary: The San Francisco house is called out to help a new house in Jerusalem. They find some unexpected surprises.
Warnings: AU
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The Jerusalem Adventure
by Babyloly

The phone kept ringing on and on. The Dutch man finally awoke and picked it up, not before looking at the clock to see it was 4 am.

"This better be important," said Derek to the person on the line.

"It is Derek," said the feminine voice on the other side.

"Abigail?" questioned Derek.

"Yes it's me. Sorry for the inconvenient time but it is urgent".

"What can I do for you"? Asked the tired precept.

"Well, we have been having some major security problems in our house recently, but last night something terrible has happened".

"What"?

"Well, David has been killed, murdered," said Abigail.

"Murdered?" asked Derek in amazement.

"Yes. I need your help Derek. I thought I could handle it but it seems stronger forces are at work here.

"Unnatural forces?" asked Derek.

"So it seems. I can't explain all the strange things that have happened recently in our house. I need help Derek, soon."

"Ok Abi, I'll talk to the others and get back to you later."

"Thanks Derek." There was a sound of relive in her voice.

San Francisco Legacy house 8 am

Derek walked into the kitchen to find Alex and nick already having their morning coffee.

"Morning guys" he said.

"Morning Derek" said nick and Alex.

"Is Rachel here yet?" he asked.

"No. She should be in any moment now," said Alex.

"Ok. As soon as she gets here, meet me in my office, all of you." Said the precept.

Alex looked at Nick and said, "what was that all about?"

Nick shook his shoulders and didn't say a word.

**********

8:30 am Derek's office

Rachel, Alex and Nick stepped into Derek's office. He asked them to sit down.

"Derek?" asked Rachel, "what's wrong?"

"Well, I have some bad news." He answered. "Abigail called me at 4am this morning, it seems one of her legacy members has been murdered last night."

"Abigail, who is she?" asked Nick in curiosity.

"She's the precept of our Jerusalem house." Answered Derek.

"Wow", said Nick. "I didn't know there was a house in Jerusalem".

"It's a rather new house, Just a few months, they really didn't need any help in securing the house, but it seems something unnatural is in the house" was Derek's response.

"So what is the problem? It's summer vacation so I wouldn't mind a trip to Israel", said Rachel. "Never been there before, and I'd really like to meet Abigail. Especially after all the praises you and Sloan."

"That's what I wanted to talk to you guys about". How would you feel about going to Israel?" Asked Derek, looking at Alex and Nick.

"Love to." Was Nick's answer.

"Sound's great", said Alex. "But can we really all leave? I mean doesn't somebody have to stay here?"

"Not really, It's been really slow lately, and there is nothing of urgent the requires our presence here." Was Derek's response.

"Then Israel here we come." Said Alex.

"Ok, I'll call precept Abigail and tell her we are on the way." And with that Derek sent everyone about their business, preparing for the trip.

***********

Two days later, Ben Gurion airport

Abigail was waiting impatiently for the plane to land, and as soon as it did she headed over to welcome her guests. They were stopped at customs but with in 2 minutes, she helped clear everything so there won't be any more delay.

"Derek, It's so good to see you again, I just wish it was under
better circumstances."

"You're welcome my dear", said Derek.

"I'd like to introduce to you the rest of the San Francisco house," and then one by one introduced everyone. "This is Nick Boyle. He is our chief of security. This is Alex moreau, she is indeed my right hand, and she is also the visionary among us, besides me that is. And also meet Dr. Rachel Corrigan our psychiatrist and her daughter Cat. "

"I'm pleased to meet you all," said Abigail. "The car is waiting to take us to Jerusalem".

The car drive was about an hour and a half long. Abigail was driving so Derek did not want to bother her with to many questions. Besides she turned the radio on so there was no possible way to talk, and they were all feeling really tired after the long flight. So each one kept to him or her self. Watching the scenery outside quietly.

When they arrived at Jerusalem Abigail said, "I tool the liberty of opening some of the guestrooms for you, I think it will be best if we are at the scene of the so-called "accident", at least that's what the police call it".

Derek said "I think that will be best".

As they went in to the Israeli legacy house, they were very impressed with the decor of the place. It was designed as an old castle, like one of those big British castles in England. Specially designed armors and swords, all kinds of armory suites. Very stylish, and antic. The members of the San Francisco house were really impressed especially Nick when they saw the security system of this magnificent place. To the left of the entrance was a library. A Hugh, incredible library. This caught the attention of both Derek and Alex.

"I thought that would get your attention," said Abigail.

"We have some really interesting stuff in this library."

Then she said, "You must be tired from this trip, Perhaps you would like to rest a wile before dinner."

They all nodded yes and then Abigail pushed a button that rang through the hose and a young man appeared. "This is Ethaniel," she said, "He is my second in command, he will show you to your rooms."

Ethaniel led them all upstairs.

The floor above was really big and there were 6 bedrooms there. The first room on the right. It had big white doors. The doors were covered in hand painted angels.

"This is Dr. Corrigan and Kat's room, it has two beds, and it's the biggest room on this floor" said Ethaniel.

Rachel and Kat went in and were amazed by the decor of the room. There were two gigantic beds covered with canopy. On the beds there were hand made quilts, the theme of them was angels. Angels of all sorts and kind. It was obvious this room was designed with a lot of love and spirituality. There were also big shelves loaded with angel dolls and figurines.

Kat was mesmerized and said, "Wow, this room is great, I could stay here for ever".

On one side of the room there was a big mirror and a make up table. On the other side there was a workstation with a computer.

"All the rooms have computers and Internet access, and they are also connected to the main computer in the control room" said Ethaniel.

They left Rachel and Kat to settle in and Ethaniel took then to the next room next door.

This room was completely different, more masculine. There were armors hanging on the walls, and the bad was and iron cast. The quilt was again hand made but its theme was of Scottish clan symbols.

"This is your room Dr. Rayne," said Ethaniel.

"May I use the computer?" asked Derek.

"Of course, it's here for your use, feel free to use it any time" answered the young man.

Then Ethaniel led the rest of the group out and said, "As you can see, each room has different decor, some are more "ancient" and some are more up to date."

The next room was quite ordinary, no special fancy decor. The bed was big as in the other rooms, the quilt was just of random patterns, and Ethaniel said to Nick that this was his room. He then led Alex out and into the next room; a well designed country motif room. A wooden bed, the quilt theme was farm animals, and like in Rachel and Kat's room there was a big mirror and a make up table on the one side and of course the computer station on the other side.

As he was leaving her to settle down, Alex stopped him and asked, "Where do you and the precept sleep?"

He signed her to follow him and in the corridor he said "first we have two more guest rooms down here, and you see these big doors over there? We have three more rooms behind these doors. This floor is divided by the big doors into two separate sections, this side is for guestrooms and the other side is for the staff, but not all the staff sleeps here, some are married and sleep at home. Abigail lives here and I stay on from time to time when she needs extra help."

Ethaniel left Alex and went downstairs. He knocked on Abigail's office door. He heard her say "come in" and went in. He just stood there for a few moments staring at her.

After a few minutes she felt she could no longer bare his stare so she said, "Ok, so what is it that bothers you so much?"

Ethaniel looked at her and then said, "Do you really have so little trust in me, that you had to ask for outside help? I could have handeled this investigation, I do not need any help.

Abigail looked at him amazed, she hadn't realized he felt this way. She sighed and then she stood up moved closer to him and said, "I'm sorry. I had no idea you feel this way. It's just that we never handled such a serious matter before. We are a new house, so I thought Derek's experience and his staff's expertise will be of use. Besides, you saw that in this case even my psychic abilities seem to be limited for some strange reason. This has never happened to me before."

He looked at her and then lowered his look mumbling "Ok, I guess I can work with them, but this Dr. Rayne better not order me around."

"Ok," she said smiling, "I'll talk to him."

Chapter two

Around 7pm, the housekeeper went upstairs to call everyone down for dinner.

They all came down feeling better after having a few hours rest.

After dinner they all moved into the living room for coffee and tea. Then Rachel who remembered Derek calling Abigail "dear" earlier, couldn't help herself due to her skeptic inquiring nature, so she looked at the both of them and then asked "So you two, what is your connection anyway?"

Derek looked at Abigail with a questioning look on his face, as if he was asking her would she mind, or may I tell them the truth?

Abigail looked back at him. She seemed a little confused or embarrassed then she looked directly at Rachel and finally
said "Well, Derek, he is my father."

Nick and Alex nearly choked of their drinks. However Rachel seemed to keep her cool and asked Derek "She is your daughter?"

Derek looked at her and then said only one-word "yes."

Rachel stared at him. She seemed angry.

Abigail noticed that so she said "He didn't want to keep this from you guys, I insisted he wouldn't tell anyone."

Derek turned in his seat and looked at Rachel. Then he told them the story. "About 25-26 years ago, I was about 20 y.o. I came here to Israel for some research I had to do. I met here a young woman named Eleanor, and we hit it off almost immediately. We spent about 2 months together, I asked her to come back to the states with me but she refused. I didn't even know I have a daughter until about two years ago. Eleanor was dying of cancer." He stopped for a minute took a deep breath and then continued. "Only then did she tell me about Abigail, and we first met at Eleanor's funeral."

He looked at Racal to see how his words were affecting her then continued "Do you guys remember about 2 years ago I took of for about 5 weeks? I never did tell you where I was going or why. Well I was here, came here to Eleanor's funeral and I wanted to get to know my daughter. We have been in touch ever since. By phone, emails. Then when sloan said that we need to open a house in Israel, I suggested he call Abigail. She seem to have inherit my gift of sight, and she has strong telepathic abilities, plus a few more "tricks" of her own, besides the fact she was an officer in the Israeli army helped. Leadership is not strange to her. She only left the army a few months ago after almost 7 years of service, and got right into the Precept position.

Then he turned to Abigail and asked "Those talents you have, makes me wonder why did you need help? It seems you were doing fine since the house opened."

Abigail looked at him and finally said, "Well, before. I didn't have any problem I couldn't solve, but this time its different. For some strange reason my psychic abilities are not, well "functioning" right. I can not get any vibe from this being or entity that's in the house. I just felt that this is way over my head so I figured I'd call the best for help."

Everyone was sitting still for a while. No one said a word. Each one had to digest this news about Derek heaving a daughter. After about 10 minutes Nick turned over to Abigail and asked "So what you are 25 or so, The youngest Precept ever. So since Derek is your father Sloan appointed you as precept at such a young age? That surely doesn't seem like the Sloan I know".

Abigail's face frowned and it seems she was hurt by that question. However she soon regained her cool and answered Nick in what seemed to be a cold harsh voice. "No, not really. I don't believe Mr. Sloan knows about Derek being my father, but I've been fighting ghosts and demons since my fifth birthday, so I had the "experience" Sloan was looking for and he figured I'll do the job as well as anybody Mr. Boyle, especially considering my military background."Derek seemed amused at his daughter's "attack" on Nick, but at the same time gave him an angry look like saying, hey that's my daughter you've just insulted.

Nick seemed, by the look on his face he was sorry he ever opened his mouth. He took another sip from his coffee and then decided an apology was in place so he turned to Abigail and offered his apologies. "I'm really sorry Abigail, I did not mean to hurt your feelings. Its just seemed really strange to me that Mr. Sloan will appoint such a young precept, especially in a new house. I always figured he'd prefer and older more mature experienced person. I just was surprised, that's all. I do apologize."

"Apology accepted," said the young precept. Then she added, "Please guys, why don't you all just call me Abi. Abigail is such a long kind of an old name."

They accepted her remark without a word. Nick looked at Abi and said, "I think I'll turn in for the night I really should get some sleep if I want to check your security system tomorrow.

Alex got up and said, "I feel tired, I think I should get some sleep as well".

They left the room going upstairs together which made Abi ask her father "Is there something between those two, I mean on a romantic level?"

Derek smiled to himself then told her "No, nothing of sorts, they are just really good friends. And they are very protective of each other as all legacy house members are. Most of them anyway."

Abi felt a certain tension in the room, she felt Derek and Rachel should be left alone at this time to sort thing up. She got up, moved closer to her father, gave him a kiss on his chick and then said to the both of them "Good night guys."

Derek and Rachel, alone now, just sat there staring at each other. Derek felt her anger about not trusting her, of all people, enough to tell her this big thing. Especially after they have gotten so close in the past few month. She looked at him then said "I can't believe you kept this from me. I thought you would trust me enough. I really believed there was nothing we would keep from each other. I can not believe what a fool I've been, trusting you so much, telling you every little thing I could think of, never kept a secret from you. I asked you if there was anything you were not telling me, and you lied. In straight face you lied to me, said there was nothing. You call this nothing?"

Derek's eyes widened. He knew she was right, but he also remembered his promise to his daughter. He was not the kind of man who brakes a promise. No matter what. He looked at Racehl then got up and came closer to sit beside her, one arm around her shoulders, and the other holding her hand.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I know I should have told you, but I swore to Abi I wouldn't, not until she'll feel more comfortable about this." He turned away from her sighed and continued. "I am sorry Rachel, I never meant to keep you in the dark, in fact I wanted to talk to Abi for a while now, and ask her if she'd at least allow me to tell you the truth, But when she called and I figured with come here, help her, and after we solve the problem and clear this mess, I can ask her if we can tell the truth to you all. My friends and loved ones, but I guess she just wanted to prove herself or something like that before we tell you all, and she's right, I didn't even tell Sloan she's my daughter"

Rachel seemed willing to accept this explanation and his apology, but then she said "I have to think about this Derek, I need to figure out if I can ever believe in you or trust you again as I did so completely so far."

She got up and left him there alone with his thoughts. He was still sitting there when Abi came into the room. She sat on the carpet before him. She took his hands in hers and then rapped her arms around him.

"I'm sorry father," she said. "I never meant to put a wedge between you and your friends. Would you like me to talk to Rachel?"

He pushed her back held her hands then smiled. "No sweetheart, I don't think that will help, we have to go through this ourselves, I think that when Rachel has enough time to relax she will understand. If not I'll just have to figure out a way to convince her she can still trust me."

They sat there for a while. Abi's had on her father's knees, His hand caressing her hair. When they heard the clock ring for the midnight hour, Derek got up and went upstairs to his room.

As Derek passed Rachel's room he stood there for a minute. He wished she'd forgive him and come out to talk to him, but she didn't, so he went into his room.

A few minutes later, Abigail, who went upstairs as well, was met by Rachel who said, "I'd like to talk to you."

Abi asked Rachel to follow her to her room. When Rachel got into the room she just stood there for a minute gazing at the beauty of this place. The room was designed so perfectly. Like taken out of some ancient British castle. The roof was hand painted with ancient biblical images. The windows were like in an old church, colored glass. They were round. On one there were the face of the angel Gabriel. And on the other the face of Moses.

The bad was made of wood with hand carved figures. And the cover of the bad was a hand made knitting of A child her mother and, Derek. Abi saw Rachel look at it, and said, "My mother made this. She kept it hidden from me. She only gave it to me the day she died, when she told me about Derek being my father."

"I'm sorry Rachel, I did not mean to come between you and my father. Actually, until I saw how you were hurt I had no Idea you and him are so close. You are that close right?"

Rachel looked at her. She then sat on the bed and said, "Yes I guess you can say that. We have gotten closer the past few months. I thought we sheared everything. Never imagined he would keep such an important thing from me."

"That's my doing and my blame," said Abi. "He was, so to speak, between a rock and a hard place. I was gonna come visit you all in a month or so, and then tell you all, but I guess things just got a little messed up. I didn't expect it to be so."

She sat besides Rachel. "Please forgive him."

Rachel thought to herself, {I really like this young woman, she's honest and sweet} "Ok" she said smiling "I'll talk to him and apologize for over reacting."

"Great". Abi smiled at the older woman and then told her "Well, what are you waiting for, go on. I'm sure dad will be happy to see you right now."

Rachel smiled and left heading towards Derek's room.

Half way through she suddenly heard loud screams coming form Abi's room. She rushed back to see the young precept on the floor. She had some scratches of her arms and legs, as if someone ran a knife across her body.

"Stop, please, no more" Abi screamed.

It seemed Rachel's Return must have stopped the attack on the young woman. She was just lying there, crying. A second later Derek rushed through the door followed by Nick and Alex.

"Oh god," he said when he saw his daughter. Then looked at Rachel and asked her "What in gods name happened here?"

"I don't know," said Rachel. I was talking to her then I left. When suddenly I heard her scream and rushed back to see her like that."

"Abi, who did this to you?" he asked.

"I don't know dad. It's something in this house, I think mom stopped it, but she is getting weaker".

"Your mother?" Derek asked. "Her spirit is here?'

"Yes, she's been trying to worn and protect me, but what ever that thing is, it's stronger. I can't fully understand her."

Derek picked his daughter of the floor and laid her on bed. Then he said to the others, "you'd better go back to sleep guys."

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay with her" asked Nick.

"That's ok Nick, I'll stay with her, Thank you" was Derek's answer.

Alex and Nick left the room.

Rachel stayed with him. He found a first aid kit in one of the drawers and handed them over to Rachel. "Please Rachel," he
said. "Clean her up, I don't think I can do this without falling apart."

Rachel Picked up the kit and cleaned Abi's wounds. After she was done, she got up off the bed walked over to Derek and put her arms around him. "She'll be ok Derek," she said.

"Thanks Rachel, I appreciate this."

He hugged her and said, "you should get some sleep as well, we will speak tomorrow. I'll stay here tonight."

Rachel left him standing there looking over his sleeping daughter. He wiped the tears from his eyes, the tears he didn't let anyone see. Then he sat on a chair besides Abi's bad, where he stayed all night.

Chapter three

He wanted to stay by his daughter's side all night, but around 3 am Derek felt a little anxious. I can't believe I acted like this, he thought. I'm supposed to be the model for restraint behavior. I can't remember ever being so emotional before. He felt he has to get out of Abi's room, so he went over to Nick's room and knocked on the door.

The ex seal whose sleep was light got up immediately to open the door. "Is everything ok Derek?" he asked.

"Yes, fine, but do you mind if I take you up on your offer to watch over Abi?"

"No problem". The young man put a robe around him, picked up his gun from the dresser and headed over to the young precept's room. He looked behind him and saw Derek quickly get into his room and shut the door behind him.

Nick sat down on the chair next to Abi's bed thinking about how strange this night has been. He suddenly heard her moving in bed crying in her sleep.

"No. Leave me alone. Mother, help me please, make them go away".

Nick got up, moved closer to the bed and put his hand on Abi's head. She was burning. He wondered if maybe he should call Derek or Rachel, but then he saw Abi's eyes stair right into his.

"No need to call either of them," she said.

Nick looked confused, but then he remembered her ability to read minds.

She sat up in bed and looked at him. Then she pointed at the dresser and told him "I have some aspirin top drawer, will you get me some please?"

He gave her the 2 pills and she swallowed them with some water she always kept by her bed. He looked at her and asked, "Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"Thanks Nick. You've been kind enough already, you should probably get back to bed and get some sleep."

"Doubt that" he said. "Derek asked to keep an eye on you, so here I'll stay". He winked at her and continued "As we guys say beware the raft of Derek."

She smiled at his remark. He sat down on the bed next to her, put his hand on her forehead and it seems the fever was breaking down. She took his hand in hers and pulled him closer. She kissed him on his cheek and said, "You are a very nice and kind man Nick Boyle, thank you."

Nick seemed to be feeling uncomfortable by Abi's action. She felt his embarrassment so she then asked him "Do you enjoy working for the legacy?"

He straitened up and said, "Enjoy. Well, that's not exactly what I'd call this job, it actually freaks me out sometimes, but at this point of my life, I can't see myself do anything else."

"Actually," she said, "I never figured I'd end up doing this as well. I was gonna continue my military career, but then strange things started to happen, and when Sloan came with the idea for a house here I decided to leave the army and do what I've always done."

"Strange things? What kind of strange things?" asked Nick.

"Well, at first there were my mothers visits in my dreams, then when I'm awake. For a while I thought I was going crazy. Then recently there were these random "accidents" things falling all over the place, emotional problems with every person who worked here. Besides the old staff members, the ones who were working here while my parents were still alive, I can't find anyone who'd be willing to work here. And now after David's murder, although the police don't wanna call it that, they say his death was accidental, well I felt it's time to bring reinforcement so I called Derek."

"Yesterday, you were calling him father and now you call him Derek, why is that?"

"Well, I had a father. The man who raised me, he was my daddy, I came into this house when I was 3 years old and he just took me in as if I was his own flesh and blood. They both did."

"Both?" wandered Nick.

"Oh sorry, of course you don't know, actually I don't think I ever told Derek about that. Yes both he and his son. My stepbrother, Joshua. He was my brother and my best friend, but he left the day after my mother died."

"Why would he do that?" wondered Nick.

"Well, something happened the night our mother died, and he was gone the next day, no word, nothing. He just left. I haven't seen him since then."

"What happened, you wanna talk about it?" asked Nick.

"Actually, I'd rather not, I can't."

Nick smiled at her gently for a minute then he said much to her surprise "Your in love with him, with your step brother."

Abi looked at him amazed for a moment then she said "You are not only a kind and sweet man, you are also very intuitive."

"Thanks."

"Those are one of the qualities Derek seems to admire about you."

"He does, how do you know?"

"Well, I figured that from his email and letters, I know he doesn't like to show his emotions but he really cares about you all, very much."

"We know that," said Nick. "I know it's hard for him after all he's been through, we all know, so we learned to accept Derek for who he is."

Suddenly there was a loud sound of banging inside the walls. Nick picked up his gun, got off the bed and looked around to see what was causing this noise.

To his surprise he saw Abi sitting in bed laughing.

"Abi, why are you laughing?"

"Sorry Nick, couldn't help myself, you looked so serious and worried. It's really nothing, that's just the old plumbing acting up, no ghosts or demons."

"Ah, I see." He put his gun on the dresser and set down on the bed again. A strange feeling came over him, he suddenly felt he could trust this young woman with everything, including his life. He never felt like this with any other woman, except maybe Julia. He lay down next to her and rapped one arm around her shoulders so her head was resting on his chest.

"You didn't answer me." He said.

"About what?"

"My question, you are in love with Joshua, aren't you?

"I'm not sure anymore" she said. I was but now, I can't tell How I'll feel if he shows up here again.

"So, tell me what happened" requested Nick.

"Our parent's knew we love each other, but they both asked us to wait with our feelings, you know, go out with others and experience life so we can be sure it's true love and not just foolish childhood infatuation. So we did. But the night mother died I was devastated, I needed comfort, and that night he held me in his arms, one thing led to another and, well, we made love that night."

"So why would that make him leave you?"

"I don't know, I never slept with a guy before, so I have no idea. And then in the morning he was gone."

"You were a virgin that night." Said Nick. Have you considered that perhaps that's why he left, to give you a chance to experience life as your parents wanted?"

"I thought about it, but I've been out with guys and, call me old fashioned, but I can not sleep with someone I'm not in love with, I thought he'd be happy to be the first, I guess I was wrong" she said.

There was a moment of silence and then Nick felt her hot tears on his chest. He just pulled her closer to him and after a little while they fell asleep in each other's arms.

Chapter four

It was some time later when the bed started rising up to the air. Nick felt a little strange. He straitened up to check what's the source of his unease and saw the bed was floating. It wasn't so high so he figured he might as well try to get off the bed by jumping down. Suddenly he felt the bed started shaking and moving from side to side until he was thrown of it. He lay on the floor staring at the bed above him trying to catch his breath but then he realized that the bed is falling on top of him. He rolled just in time to manage escaping the deadly weight.

Abi woke up screaming. She looked around frantic, only to realize Nick was lying calmly next to her. A dream, she thought to herself. Thank god it was only a dream. Her scream startled Nick and he immediately sat down and asked "Abi, are you ok?"

She looked at him shaken from the sight she just witnessed and then replied, "Yes I'm fine, just a bad dream I guess. Sorry I woke you. Did you sleep ok?"

"Yes just fine." He looked at her and asked again "Are you sure you're ok?"

"Yes sure." She looked at her watch it was 06:30 am. She got up of the bed and went to her closet. She took out some clothes and went into the bathroom to get dressed. When she came back Nick saw her dressed in a sports outfit.

"Care to join me for a little workout Nick?"

He looked at her and said "Sure. I'll just go get dressed."

He went over to his room. The house was still quiet. He got dressed real fast and went out to meet Abi outside his room.

"Nick, do you want to go out for a jog or would you like to use one of the treadmill machines in our gym?" asked Abi.

"You have a gym in the house?" wondered Nick.

"Yes. It's in the basement. We also have an in door swimming pool."

"That's cool." Said Nick. "I don't mind working in doors if that's what you prefer" he continued.

She led him down the stairs to the first floor, where the living room was, and then she stood besides the fireplace pushed some unseen button and a hidden door was opened. She saw the surprised look on Nick's face and said, "There are a lot more secret places in this house. I'll show them to you later when we go over the security system of the house."

When they reached the gym Nick saw it was very well equipped and all the stuff was scattered around a big pool.

"That is really great" Commented Nick.

"I'm glad you approve."

They both got on the treadmill's first. He was really impressed with her ability to keep up with his pace.

After about an hour of running, they got of the machines and Abi looked at Nick then asked him "Wanna go for a swim?"

She took of her gym clothes. Nick was relieved to see she was wearing a bathing suit. She jumped into the water and he joined her. They were swimming for a while when suddenly they heard loud barking.

Nick looked up. There were two huge dogs standing by the pool barking at him. Abi swam towards the dogs and pulled herself out of the pool. The dogs jumped around her licking her face.

"Hi Sugar, Spice." She said. "Did you guys miss me?" Then she turned to Nick and said "They are used to sleep in my room every night."

Nick was standing in the water and was starting to pull himself from the water, when suddenly the dogs started making threatening sounds. Abi looked at him and said, "That's ok guys, Nick is a friend." The dogs immediately stopped their barking and sat down next to her.

Nick looked at her and asked "Is it safe to come out?"

She giggled and said to him "Sure Nick. You're perfectly safe"

He climbed out and sat next to her, petting the dogs. They seemed to enjoy themselves. It's been already 08:00 am so Abi said to Nick, "We should get upstairs wash up and get dressed for breakfast."

"Ok boys, go back out now" she said to the two dogs.

"They are not used to sleep outside, they usually spend the night at my room. Last night was the first time in yeas they spent out of the house. I guess things were so hectic last night I forgot to bring them in."

"Well they are magnificent animals" commented Nick.

"They sure are. Come on lets get out of here."

Nick followed her back up to the first floor and then upstairs to the bedrooms. She smiled at him before she left him at his door and went to her room.

About 15 minutes later, she was dressed and headed down. She met Derek outside his room, dressed and on his way down as well.

"Morning Derek, did you sleep well?" she asked.

"Fine thanks" was his answer. He seemed a little uncomfortable.

"Are you sure?'

"Yes" he said, "I'm sure. Are you coming down?'

She avoided his look, and they went down together without saying another word.

They walked into the dining room and found everybody was already there. There were some new faces at the table, and Abi asked them "Did you guys introduce yourselves?"

"Yes," said to three.

"Derek, I'd like you to meet some of the other members of our house. You already met Ethaniel. This is Erick, he is our anthropologist and our linguistic expert. And this is Esther, we call her Eti for short, she is also a linguist and an expert in antiquities. And last but not least this is Doron he is a psychologist but unlike Rachel he is not skeptic, but he does help to establish if we are dealing with a real threat or just someone's imagination in many of the cases we handle."

Derek shook hands with them all then sat next to his daughter.

After breakfast all the members of the house went about their business.

"Rachel, Kat?" Abi came close to the older woman and then said "I have a friend, who runs a summer camp for gifted children. It's just 2 blocks from here. I was wondering if maybe Kat would like to join some of the kids there, with your permission of course."

Rachel looked at her daughter ad asked her "Kat would you like that?"

Kat looked at her mother then at Abi. "But I don't speak Hebrew. How will I get along with all of them?

Abi looked at her and said, "No problem, there are English speaking children in this place. There are always two instructors. One speaks in Hebrew and the other one repeats him in English. And as I said most these kids are gifted so they are bilingual. You will not have a problem getting along with them. They have all kinds of activities. They also go out on a field trip once a week to some other part of the country. And usually on this day they need extra hands so your mother or one of the others can join you and this way you can get to know Israel a little better."

"Mom, can I?" asked the little girl.

"Are you sure you can trust this man" was Rachel's response.

"Yes, I'm sure. I spent most of my summers at his camp, and loved every moment of it."

"I really don't like intrusting my daughter's life in a strangers hands." Was Rachel's reply.

"How about if I called him over here for lunch so you can meet him and judge for yourself? The camp start's tomorrow morning."

"Ok."

"Good. Why don't we move into my office now to discuss more serious matters" said the young precept.

They all followed here into her office. She sat down and then begun speaking. "Until a few days ago I was unable to have access to city hall records and police reports. However as of yesterday, the legacy house has clearance to check both, which will probably help us solving this problem sooner. I will have to pull out all the records of this house. Who used to live here, when, and if there were any untimely strange deaths."

A knock on the door and Ethaniel came into the office.

"Great. Ethaniel you take the guys on a tour of the house and then show Derek and Nick our control room and the security system of the house. Alex I will need you help in studying the history of the house on the Internet, I that's ok with you."

"Sure" said Alex. "Anything I can do to help."

"Thank you I really appreciate this, but first take the tour with the rest of the guys. I need you all to know the layout of this place, where it is safe and where it is not. Ethaniel, you must show them all of the secret rooms as well, I don't know why, but I feel it is essential that you all know the house and all of it's hiding places. Just trust me on this" said Abi a serious look on here face.

"Ok guys, we'll start at the basement and go up, follow me everyone." Ethaniel lead the group out of the precept's office.

She immediately picked up the phone to call her camp manager friend. "Hello, may I speak to Daniel please?" she waited a minute when she heard the friendly voice on the other side.

"Hello. This id Daniel Goldman speaking".

"Hi Daniel, its Abi. I was wondering if you could stop by here for lunch. I want you to meet some people and a young lady I wish to join your camp. Her mother would like to meet you before she trusts her daughter to you."

"Sure Abi. No problem, say 02:00 PM?"

"Ok, I'll see you then." She hung up the phone and turned her computer on. After a minute she felt she was no longer alone. She raised her head from the screen to see a small figure appear in the room.

"Hi mother" said Abi.

"Abi, you have to be careful. He is out there to get you."

"Who is out there mom, I don't understand what it is your trying to worn me about."

"He is close to you, and he will destroy you if you let him Abi."

"Mother who are you talking about, Derek?

"He will kill you. I tried to stop him but can't. They are lurking all around," said Eleanor.

"You're not making any sense mom. Why would Derek want to kill or hurt me?"

"Mark my words daughter. He is coming."

"He is coming" mumbled Abi. That means that it's not Derek. So who the hell can it be?

She raised her head again to ask the figure some more questions but she was gone. Great, she always disappears when I need her most.

Abi went back to work on her computer. Every time she found some bit of information she thought could help she printed it out.

About an hour later, Alex came back into the office. "HI Abi. Now what can I do to help you?"

"Well," said Abi, you can start by looking at these sites I marked where history of this house could be found. It's almost 300 years old. So just check anything that you think is useful and we'll go over it together later. Where are the rest of the group?"

"Well, Kat saw the pool and got hooked. So as soon as we finished the tour she and Rachel went down there. Derek and Nick are still with Ethaniel going over the security system and the control room" answered Alex.

"Good. I would like to hear what they have to say about it. I understand Nick was in charge of your house security and from what Derek says, he did a really great job."

"Yes, Nick is great," said Alex. She looked at the young precept and saw her sitting staring into space so she got into the net and started working on the sites Abi marked.

They have been working for two hours when the guys finally came back.

"So?" she asked. "What's the verdict?"

Nick looked at her and said "Who ever designed this security system can be really proud. The house is totally covered no spot left unwatched, except for the bedrooms. I do think you'll need to change that."

"You mean put cameras in the bedrooms? That would really be an invasion of privacy, don't you think?" asked Abi.

"Well, you can allow people to shut the camera down when in the room and they can turn it back on when they're out" was Nick's reply.

"Ethaniel? Do you agree with that?" asked Abi.

"Actually, yes. I think Nick is right. The bedrooms should be covered as well."

"Well I guess if you both think so I'll have to call the Security Company later" remarked Abi. "And now I think my members could use your help in the control room. We just got some stuff that need to be catalogued from the Jerusalem museum and I'm sure they can use both your expert opinions. I still have a lot of work to do getting through the police files. We'll talk of all our findings after lunch."

About 15 minutes later the phone rang. Abi picked it up saying "Hello."

She listened to the voice on the other side and her face frowned. She said to the person on the other side in an anxious worried voice "I'll be right there."

She turned to see Alex's worried face. "Is everything alright Abi?"

"I have to go somewhere. Please tell the rest if I'm not back by 02:00 PM to sit and have lunch without me."

She left the office and went to the garage, which was located at the back of the house. She called up to her dogs Sugar and Spice into her car and drove out as fast as she could.

Alex was puzzled by her behavior, but she continued with her work.

Ethaniel came into the office looking for Abi. He was surprised she wasn't there. "Alex, do you know where Abi is? He asked.

"No, sorry. She got a phone call and left immediately. She did not say where or when she'll be back."

"That's strange, she doesn't usually get up and leave like that" he said.

"You don't know what will make her do such a thing? Sounds to me you don't know her very well" was Alex's response.

"Correction," he said. We don't know anything about our precept. She is a very private person. No one is aloud to invade that privacy and I wouldn't advise on trying, She'd bite your head off. There are a lot of secrets she keeps from us, from Derek, from the world."

"Well, maybe she has a good reason for the things she does, she is so much like Derek, reserved and not inclined to share her emotions and secrets with people she cares about, fearing they'll be hurt by that knowledge" said Alex and returned again to her work.

"I guess so" said Ethaniel and left the office heading back to the control room.

 

Chapter five

Around 2am everyone gathered at the dining room.

Derek looked around for Abi, but there was no sign of her.

"Does anybody know where Abi is? He wondered.

Alex immediately responded "She had to leave earlier, and she said if she's not back by now, we should start without her."

Derek sat down with the others, when the housekeeper came in with an elderly man behind her whom she introduced as Dr. Daniel Goldman.

Rachel stood up and shook his hand "Dr. Goldman? Abi did not say you were a Dr."

"You must be Dr. Corrigan." He said.

"Yes, I am." She replied.

"I guess Abi will always look at me as dear old Danny, But yes I'm a child psychologist" he said, "Among my other activities as manager of Camp Wisdom. I understand you are a psychiatrist?

"Indeed so." Rachel replied. "Why don't you sit and have lunch with us and we can talk later in the study," she recommended.

"That sounds like a good Idea. "Thank you." Said the older Dr.

Dr. Goldman sat down with the rest of them, when suddenly Derek felt a sharp pain run through his abdominal, and a shortness of breath.

"Oh god" he screamed and fell of his chair down to the floor.

Rachel bent beside him worried, holding his head in her arms. "Derek, what's wrong?" she asked.

"Hurts" he answered, barely able to speak or breathe. His hands were lying on his abdominal muscles.

Rachel took control of the situation. "Nick, Ethaniel, help me get him to the living room. Alex, please run upstairs to my room and get my medical bag."

The two young men helped Derek into the living room and sat him on the big sofa.

Rachel pulled his shirt up and was amazed at the sight. His chest and stomach were covered in bruises.

"What the hell is that?" she asked. "Derek, how did you get these bruises?"

"Abi" he answered. "She is dying. He's killing her."

"What is he talking about? Derek what does Abi have to do with this? Asked the worried Rachel.

"He is killing her" repeated Derek. "We have to find her before she dies."

Ethaniel suddenly realized what was happening "Derek, do you feel Abi's bruises and pain. Is that what you're trying to tell us?"

"Yes, oh god. Nick, Ethaniel, you must find her now, or she dies."

"Derek, can you see her, where she is?" asked Nick.

"I see a big church, and she is across from it. I also see the name Cohen on one of the doors, but I can not see a street name."

"Ethaniel, does Abi know anyone named Cohen? Asked Nick.

"Cohen. The name sounds familiar. Of course," he said, "the Cohen couple. That's the case David was working on before he died. Nick, come on. I know where the Cohen couple live, and it is across from a big church"

"Let's move," said Nick.

Derek tried to get up and join them. Rachel, Who knew nothing would stop him from going with them, helped him get up. He seemed to be in less pain. They all got into Ethaniel's car and he drove of as a mad man to where the Cohen family lived.

They were there in less then 10 minutes. They all got out of the car and started looking for Abi.

"Abi," called out Derek. "Where are you?"

They looked into the Cohen's front lawn, but there was no sign of her.

Ethaniel went in and knocked on the door. Linda Cohen opened the front door and when she saw who it is she asked, "Ethaniel, what are you doing here? Abi was already here earlier and straitened everything."

"Straitened up things, what do you mean? He asked.

"Well, she was here earlier, and I have no idea what she did, but the spirits haunting this house are gone." She answered.

"When did she leave?" he asked.

"Oh, about an hour ago." Said Linda.

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, she said she has to be home for lunch, because she has some guests. That was around 1pm"

"Thanks Linda" said Ethaniel.

"Ok guys. Let's split into two teams," said Ethaniel. "Derek and I will go right and check all the yards and alleys on this side. Nick and Rachel, you take the left side and do the same. Call if you find anything."

They started looking for her calling out her name.

Nick suddenly thought he heard a soft low moan. It came from an alley he and Rachel just passed.

Nick rushed over and there he saw Abi lying on the ground behind some garbage containers. He was shocked. He could hardly recognize the young woman. She was bitten with an inch of her life.

"Rachel," he said, "Call Derek".

Rachel went out of the ally and called out to the other two men. "Derek, Ethaniel, over here. We found her."

Derek rushed over. They saw Nick on his knees, holding Abi's hands. He didn't want to move her. Afraid that might cause more damage.

Derek, seeing his young daughter lying on the dirty ground asked Nick in anxiously, "Is she alive?"

"Barely." Was Nick's reply.

Ethaniel took his cell phone and dialed. "I'm calling an ambulance" he told them.

Within two minutes an ambulance arrived. The paramedics picked up Abi onto a stretcher. Derek insisted he should join them on the ride to the hospital.

"Derek, We'll meet you there." said Rachel.

The three of them got back to Ethaniel's car and drove to the hospital.

As soon as the ambulance reached the hospital, the young woman was carried into the emergency room.

Derek stood in the waiting room when the others got there. He looked defeated. Rachel was thinking she never saw him like that before. Not ever. She approached him and held one of his hands in her own.

She was looking at Nick. He just stood there, his expression frozen. He sat down and mumbled as if to himself "I should have gone with her."

Derek looked at him, moved closer and put his hand on the young man's shoulder. "It's not your fault Nick," he said.

Ethaniel sat down beside them and they heard him say "Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. She should have known better then run of by herself. I asked her not to go anywhere alone until we solve this problem we are facing. I should have told Alex not to let her go anywhere without calling me, or any of us. Damn."

Ethaniel used his cell phone again to call the other members of the house and tell them what has happened.

The four tired worried people sat and waited. It was almost three hours later when finally a doctor came into the waiting room to talk to them.

They all looked at him in anticipation.

"I'm Dr. Weis," he said. I operated on Miss Hirsh.

"How is she?" asked Derek impatient.

Dr. Weis sat down next to him and began describing Abi's condition.

"She is in serious condition. She's in a comma. I don't know if or when she'll wake up. She has a lot of internal injuries. One of her kidneys was seriously damaged. So serious we couldn't fix the problem and had to remove it. She lost a lot of blood. We had to give her 8 units of blood. She has a few broken ribs and one of her hands is broken as well."

He stopped for a minute letting his words sink in. "there was no sign of sexual trauma," he continued. "There is one more thing. I have no easy way of saying that." He hesitated for a minute. "Who ever did this to her seemed to know exactly how to hit and where to hit in a way that would cause the most damage. She.. We, we had to remove her ovaries. They were, there was no way to save them. I'm afraid she will never be able to have children."

"Oh god," said Derek putting his hands on his face.

Dr Weis then continued. "She is not out of danger yet. The next 48 hours are crucial. She will remain in intensive care for the time being and we will keep a close look on her. There is really nothing more we can do but wait.

Derek looked up at Dr. Weis and asked, "can we see her?" "Only one of you can come in." answered the Dr.

Derek looked at the others and then followed the doctor to his daughter's room.

He felt afraid. For the first time in his life since his father's death he felt afraid. He stood next to his little girl for a minute
then walked back out to the waiting room and told the others to go back to the house.

"I'm gonna be staying here for a while. I'll see you at the house later" he said.

"Are you sure about that Derek?" asked Rachel.

"Yes. Please guys, go back to the house. She'll be safe here. I'll stay a little longer and see you later.

They all left the hospital back to the legacy house. When they got there every one was waiting for them. Even Dr. Goldman. Rachel told them all the things that were said in the hospital.

"All we have to do now is pray for her," she said.

They all sat in the living room. Each one held a glass of wine, and each in his turn raised the glass and said a little prayer for Abi's safety.

After that the rest of the house members left to their homes, not before making Ethaniel promise them he would call if there is any change in Abi's condition.

After a few hours, Derek came back to the house.

Rachel looked up at him "Any change?" she asked.

He nodded no with his head and then said, "I have to get some sleep." He did not want everyone to see how much this was hurting him, so he went upstairs to his room. The rest of them followed him and went to sleep as well.

Early next morning, Derek woke up before everybody. He didn't sleep well. He got dressed, got up and wanted to leave the house to go to the hospital. He mat Nick at the stairs, all dressed up.

"I'm coming with you Derek" Said Nick.

Derek didn't say a word. They both got out of the house; they took a taxi and drove to the hospital.

Derek went strait to his daughter's room. She wasn't there.

Derek felt as if a cold hand was squeezing the life out of his heart. He went back out to the nurse's station afraid of what they might tell him.

"Where is my daughter?" he asked. "Miss Hirsh, where is she?"

Chapter Six

Nick, who was waiting outside for Derek, heard his angry voice and came rushing in.

"Derek, what's wrong? He questioned.

"It's Abi. She's gone."

"Gone. God Derek" he closed his eyes in disbelief, "You can't possibly say she's dead."

The nurse looked at them nervous "Gentleman, Please calm down"

Derek was really annoyed and he asked the nurse "Where the hell is Dr. Weis?"

Derek and Nick then realized the hospital was full of policemen. Derek saw Dr. Weis and rushed over to speak to him, Nick following him.

"Dr. Rayne, I was expecting you, I called the house they said you're probably on your way here" said Dr. Weis.

"What is going on here, and where in bloody hell is my daughter? Asked Derek.

"I hate to tell you this, but it seems young Miss Hirsh was kidnapped. She has been taken from this hospital under false
pretence," said Dr. Weis. "Let's go in my office. I have a detective waiting for us in there."

Derek and Nick followed him into his office where a man in his 30's was waiting.

"Dr. Rayne I presume?" he asked and held out his hand to Derek.

Derek shook his hand and the younger man continued. "My name is Benjamin Adler. Detective Ben Adler" he said. "I'm sorry to meet you under these circumstances."

"Do you know where my daughter is Detective Adler? Asked Derek, on the verge of loosing his calm.

Nick felt Derek's impatience so he faced the Detective and said "Can you please explain to us what has happened here?"

Dr. Weis interfered. "Well about an hour ago two police officers came here, in uniforms and official papers. They insisted Miss Hirsh must be moved into protective custody. Since they had all the official paper I had no choice but to release her to them. Detective Adler came in a little while ago to see if she awoke and maybe can give him a description of the attacker. When I told him what happened, he checked with his superiors. There was no order to remove Miss Hirsh. God I'm so sorry " said the Dr.

Detective Adler then faced Derek and said "As soon as I heard that, I immediately filed a report and we have already begun the search for her. I can't believe they could have gotten far in 20 minutes."

Derek felt his legs trembling. Nick held out his hand to support him, and helped him into a chair.

Detective Adler came closer to face Derek. "Dr. Rayne, I know Abi personally, she is a very good friend of mine and of my family. I promise I will do anything in my power to bring her back safe and sound. Right now however I need to talk to the people in the house, people who work with her, see if anyone has any leads or ideas."

He paused for a minute then said, "I can't believe this has happened. Yesterday's attack now this. Dr. Rayne, Do you know of anyone who would want to hurt her so bad, and why?"

Derek raised his head and looked at Detective Adler. "I'm afraid I don't know that," he said weakly.

At that time a young policeman came into Dr. Weis's Room. "Detective Adler, we have deployed all the necessary means for the search. The captain said you are in charge of this investigation, so anything else you need done."

"Thank you" said Ben Adler to the policeman.

"Dr. Rayne, I need to go over to the house to talk to the people there, would you two like to join me?"

"Sure" said Nick. He helped Derek up and they followed the detective to his car.

On the way to the legacy house Derek looked at the young man and then asked him "how do you know Abi?"

"We grew up together. She and my Younger sister were best friends. She spent a lot of her time with us, in our house. She is one of the sweetest people I ever had the pleasure to meet. I can not imagine who would wish to hurt her so bad. She never did a thing to hurt anybody. It really boils my blood. When I first saw her last night, I was shocked."

He paused for a minute, took a deep breath, then continued. "My little sister was the light of our lives. When she died 4 years ago of cancer, I was devastated. Abi was the one who stood by me. Day or night. It didn't matter to her. Whenever I called her for support she was there. We've been best of friends ever since then. She's like another sister to me, and I'm not gonna lose her as well," he said his voice breaking.

Derek suddenly felt a sharp pain go through his body. He moaned and Nick put a hand on his shoulders asking "Derek, what's wrong?"

"It's Abi," he replied. She is letting me know she's alive. She's in pain but alive."

"Can you see who is holding her and where?" questioned Nick.

"No. It's not a clear picture. All I can say is that for now, she's alive," repeated Derek.

"Shit. Derek you have to try harder. Try to see where she is being held" insisted Nick.

"I can't Nick. It's over. I can't feel her anymore."

"OK. At least we know she is still alive, that's important. We need to find out what in god's name is going on in that house and I'm gonna start with Ethaniel. I have a feeling he is keeping something from us," said Nick.

"Ok Nick, you and the detective will talk to everyone while Rachel Alex and me try to find out what is it that's been going on in the house."

Derek looked at the young Ex-seal sitting by his side. He put his hand on Nick's shoulder and said "Thanks Nick, for being in the hospital for me."

Nick just nodded with half a smile on his face.

"You do realize it can be a case of pure ransom request," said detective Adler.

"What do you mean Ransom?" asked Derek. "You think this attack was about money? If you want ransom you will not leave your victim near death. You will grab them and keep them alive for as long as possible. This was not about money. This was personal."

"Well Dr. Rayne, you have to remember your daughter is one of the richest people in Israel. She has friends and enemies in high and low places," replied the detective.

"Rich? I had no idea she was rich," said Derek surprised.

"Stinking rich actually" said the detective, then continued. "The only reason I still have my job is because of Abi. I help her out in some of her cases, and my reports, well everyone thinks I'm crazy. I'll do anything for her, including risk my career. I did almost lose my job helping her, but she intervened on my behalf and since then no one dares touch me, but you can imagine that bought her some enemies."

"So you know her work and what the house stands for?" asked Derek.

"Yes" he answered.

Nick suddenly realized something. "Her dogs, she had her dogs with her yesterday. Now from my encounter with them I know they will never let a stranger approach her in a threatening way. Also she was with her car. Detective, we must find her car and her dogs. Maybe they can give us some idea's or clues as to where she was taken."

"You've got a good point Mr. Boyle. I'll call my people on the field and ask them to look for the car and dogs."

"Detective, I have a feeling this was done by someone close to her. Someone she knows." Said Nick.

"Please call me Ben. What makes you say that?"

"Well the fact that her dogs were not found. I think they knew the attacker, I think it made it easier for him to distract them and trap them. The fact she's that rich. Dr. Weis said that she was hurt deliberately in a way that caused her to never be able to have children. An heir. And if she dies."

"You're talking about her brother, Joshua. Is that what you mean? Asked Ben. "Actually, I wouldn't put it past him."

"Well actually I was thinking about Ethaniel. I know he didn't hurt her himself because he was with up at the time, but maybe he hired someone to do it. I think he is jealous of her. I believe he wants to be precept of this house. Maybe he conspired with an evil force to remove Abi from his way" said Nick.

"No way, Nick" responded Ben. "I know Ethaniel for many years. He, as me, will give his life for Abi, nor will he ever submit to the dark side."

"So you think Joshua is involved?" asked Nick.

"Nick, who is this Joshua you guys are talking about?" inquired Derek.

Both young men looked at Derek shocked.

"Abi didn't tell you about her step brother? That's strange." Nick stopped talking and stared at Derek's surprised look.

"She told you? Why didn't she tell me about him?" said Derek with obvious disappointment in his voice.

"Sorry Derek. I was sure you knew" was Nick's response. He turned back to the detective and asked,

"So Ben, what makes you think Joshua is involved? I was under the impression these two were deeply in love."

"Well, that's what he wanted people to believe. Only his closest friends new the truth. Ethaniel and I were his friends when we were teenagers, but we both cared for Abi so we eventually stopped hanging with him. He pretended he loved his baby sister, he pretended to be her best friend, especially in public. He was the kindest most caring brother in public. It was all an act. He hated her. Since the moment she came to the house, he hated her for his father from him. Until Abi, he was his father's pride and joy. Then this little girl came in and took the attention away from him. His father loved her as if she was his own. She became the most important thing to their parents especially with her abilities. She needed constant protection and guidance. She doesn't know just how much he hates her."

Ben stopped for a minute to look at the effect his words had on the other two men.

"When we were his friends, he constantly told us how he hates her and how he wished she was dead. I once told Abi these things, but she didn't believe me. She refused to believe. She said I invented these things since I'm in love with her and do anything to come between them. I never mentioned it again."

Derek looked at the young detective and asked "And were you? In love with Abi I mean?"

Ben stopped the car. He looked back at Derek and said, "Yes, I was. I still am."

Derek's look went up to see they arrived at the legacy house.

They entered the house. Inside the entire house members, and also Rachel and Alex were waiting for them.

Derek looked at Rachel and Alex. "Where is Kat?" he asked.

"I sent her to Dr. Goldman's camp" answered Rachel.

"That's good. I need to talk to the both of you in Abi's office."

Nick and Ben stayed behind to tell the others all that had happened.

In Abi's office Rachel and Alex listened amazed to Derek's news about Abi's disappearance. He also informed them of all the details he and Nick learnt from Ben.

"Alex, have you found out anything in your search of the net?" asked the now tired precept.

"Yes," said Alex. "I found out a few interesting things. Ethaniel also helped me out by translating all the papers Abi found. The most important event, I believe, is a suicide, which happened here in this house when Abi was a child, about 7 years old. It seems a man accused her father of causing his bankruptcy."

Nick who came in at that moment asked Derek "Do you believe this man might have returned to hurt Abi? Maybe he is the dark force Josh has conspired with?"

"Possible" said Derek. "Ok, Rachel I want you to go talk to Abi's father business partners. See what you can find out about this man. Do you have his name Alex?" he asked.

"Yes, It's Erickson" Replied Alex.

+++

Abi felt pain go through her body.

The two hooded men looked at the young woman on the bed they fixed. It was a damp cold warehouse. It had no windows and hardly any light.

"So what do we do now? Asked one of the men.

"Now we wait till she wakes up Erickson" replied the other hooded man.

They took of their hooded robes. Both were dressed as policemen.

"Do you think she'll wake up soon?" asked the one called Erickson.

"Yes. She's always been a strong bitch."

Abi listened to the two men talking. She kept her eyes closed. She felt her heart beating like crazy. She knew these people. She was sure of it. She recognized the first's name and the other by his voice. It was her best friend in the world. Or so she thought.

She thought to herself.

She then felt the presence of one of the man next to her.

"Come on bitch" he screamed at her. "I know you are only pretending, open your eyes."

Abi opened her eyes and stared at the blue eyes of the man she thought was the love of her life.

Chapter Seven

Abi stared at these blue eyes for a minute. She had hoped she was mistaken about the identity of that person, but no. "Josh," she said, "your bed manners really need some improvement."

He raised his hand and slapped her across the face. "Still the same sarcastic bitch aren't you?"

She felt a great pain goes through her body again.

"I thought you loved me Joshua, I gave you everything I could. Why are you doing this to me?"

"Well, you know Abi, you might have been able to fool all your "friends" into thinking you are the sweetest creature alive, but
you never fooled me. Well actually when I left after your mother's death I was thinking about your virginity and I thought that maybe I misjudged you. That Maybe you really are not a slut like everybody said. But the more I thought about it the more I knew I was right about you. You fooled everybody, you knew

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Babyloly.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.