Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
935
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
5
Hits:
745

Loving a Man in Uniform

Summary:

Fandom: CSI – Las Vegas
Permission to Archive: WWOMB, CSI Slash, all others please ask first
Pairing: Gil/Warrick
Rating: FRT
Summary: Sometimes the past catches up with the present and makes the future better
Disclaimer: CSI and all characters from it belong to CBS Productions, Touchstone Television, Alliance Atlantis Communications and Jerry Bruckheimer Films.
Submitted through the CrimeSceneInvestigationSlash mailing list. This list can no longer approve new members posts, please join us at Crime_Scene_Investigation_Slash

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Loving a Man in Uniform
by Esynnaj

"Damn," Nick sighed, running a finger around a collar that was tighter on him that he was used to now. "I do not want to do this."

"Man, it's over time and I need all the cash I can get. Got bills to pay."

"You sure do. You still owe me for that last bet."

"Yeah, Nick, keep on driving the nails in. Keep on beating that dead horse. You know damned well I said you'd get it on pay day."

"Hey, it's not the money that keeps me talking. I don't ever care about that. It's the glory. I'm finally getting the hundred you say is the only thing you get out of bed for. You should've let us keep the bet at twenty like I wanted to."

"Maybe I should go back to bed. I can make more money there than I can working for this place."

Warrick and Nick were just exiting the locker room as Sara entered. She looked over at them, grinned and said, "Whoa. What's this? What's this I see before my eyes? Where are you two going all spiffed up in your dress blues?"

"Down to that stupid parade the sheriff's been on our backs about," Warrick grumbled.

"Hey," Nick protested. "The parade's not stupid. We should be honoring our veterans. It's the sheriff who's stupid."

"Oh, yeah," Sara said thoughtfully. "He was over here in Ecklie's office the other day. Right after that, Ecklie sent out that memo under the sheriff's name about how he'd appreciate more departmental participation in the parade than he got last year. I've already trash canned mine."

Catherine came up next to her, curiously inquiring, "What'd you trash can? Sara, don't tell me you're... Oooohhhh, wee," she broke off to say upon catching sight of Warrick and Nick. "You are looking GOOD, guys. What's the occasion?"

Warrick snarled, "It's Ecklie and the sheriff. Since me and Nick're the only ones in the lab who've actually been cops, hence got uniforms, Ecklie's ordered us to walk in the parade so he can earn himself a better pad for his knees while he's kissing the sheriff's ass at the same time the sheriff's squatting down to kiss the mayor's ass." He slid sideways past Catherine and Sara. "C'mon, Nick. If we gotta do this thing, let's do it and get it over with."

As Nick trailed him, he abruptly stopped, head jerking up, startling by the sensation of someone grabbing a good hunk of his backside and squeezing it. After a moment of blinking in disbelief, he slowly turned to look back at the two women, both of whom grinned like Cheshire cats, almost licking their lips in satisfaction. Catherine and Sara looked so pleased with their collusion, Nick couldn't help but return a wide, dimpled grin.

"We WILL," he said threateningly, pointing his forefinger at them, "be talking about this sexual harassment on shift tonight."

"We'll be waiting," Sara said in a bland conversational tone but with her sharp eyes smiling.

"That we will be, Nicky, my boy," Catherine purred, almost glowing with that sexual aura she had, "That we will be."

Nick, knowing when he was out of his league, just kept grinning, shook his head and followed Warrick down the hallway.

As they walked on, talking about not much of anything, Grissom came toward them. At first, they weren't going to say anything to him since he was walking fast while giving a box he held in his hand a frowning, very focused study. Interrupting Grissom if he was concentrating was seldom an easy or smart thing to do. Grissom, for his part, only meant to briefly nod in greeting to the two uniforms going in the opposition direction. But, when he lifted his head and realized who was coming toward him, he went stock still, frozen to the spot.

Stunned, his eyes went over Warrick as if he had never seen him before. Nick and Warrick acknowledged him, but never broke stride as they headed from the building to the parking lot. Although he didn't stop, Warrick did look over his shoulder to send Grissom an absolutely sinful grin that held special promises. After being released from his sudden paralysis, Grissom took a deep breath and went to do what he had been about to do.

Coming home that evening, Warrick was glad he had been in uniform while walking in the parade. He'd been able to keep his cover on, which had blocked out the hot sun and, by playing the role of tough cop, he hadn't had to spend all his time smiling at the crowds that had lined the streets. Tough cops aren't supposed smile but take their job seriously and he had used that guise to his advantage. Nick had not. He had waved and smiled at all the kiddies until Warrick started wondering why his arms and jaws weren't falling off.

As Warrick was about to thankfully remove his coat and throw it in a chair, he heard a quiet voice say, "Don't take it off. Leave it on. Leave everything on." He looked up as Grissom came toward him out the semi-darkness to kiss him, whispering. "I want to be the one to take it off you."

Warrick began to grin slowly as Grissom, looking down at his own hand stroking brass buttons on a broad chest, gave a shuddering sigh and breathed, "There's nothing I love more than a man in uniform." Then, he took his life partner's hand and led him into their bedroom.

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Esynnaj.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.