Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,059
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,645

Not Long Enough

Summary:

Genre: slash
Pairing: Logan/Remy
Rating: FRT
Disclaimer: I don't own them, Marvel does, and I'm not making any money so please don't sue!
Summary: Just a moment in the boy's lives.
Warnings: nope
Notes: No beta. All mistakes are mine.
Submitted through the HopelesslyDevotedFic mailing list.

Work Text:

Not Long Enough
by BJ

He was content.

There was a peacefulness inside him that he never dreamed he'd feel again. Even the beast within seemed to understand the significance of this day.

He was calm.

His face softened as he glanced across the room. The usual lines of intensity that made him look hard, and angry were gone; erased by his lover's smile.

He was happy.

He could say that now, and not be afraid of some unforeseen threat to his mate. It was hard at first; he had many enemies who would take great joy in harming the one person he loved most in the world, but he was past that now. He was happy, and he freely showed the rest of the team.

He was in love, and better still that love was enthusiastically returned.

In Love.

It was funny how easily those words flowed from his mouth, and from his mind; how most times he felt like screaming them from the roof top. His mate caught his soft smile and asked a question with his eyes, but Logan just shook his head. They would talk later in the quiet of the night when they were alone; another whispered conversation about everything, or maybe nothing at all.

He took one last look at his lover before he pushed through the french doors to have a smoke, and think.

It was late summer now. There was a definite chill in the air. He liked it like this; warm days cool nights; it reminded him of home. It was even better now that he had a lover who insisted on snuggling close at night. Another smile; who would've ever guessed that the Mighty Wolverine would love to cuddle.

The sound of the door opening, and the scent of smoke, and spice caught his attention. He continued to smile, and waited for the arms to fold around his waist, and the kiss on the back of his neck.

" Y' seem awful happy t'night. Care t' share?"

He turned in the arms and kissed the man holding him. " Was just thinkin'."

Remy dipped his head, and kissed the older man again; longer, and deeper this time. This kiss was meant to start something they would have to finish later in private. " Tell me what's makin' y' smile?"

He really wanted to know. Logan was a stunning man. Not in the way most people think of the word. There was so much power, and passion, and *life* in him. He instantly owned any room he entered.

Then there was Logan when he smiled. Remy couldn't stop the unconscious shiver that ran down his spine.

*Remy's* Logan; who's eyes softened to the blue of the sky when they were alone. Who's laugh was deep and contagious. Who's arms would shelter him from the entire universe if need be. Who's mind was like a fortress; warm and protective, and loving. *Daring* anyone or anything to get too close, or try to harm what was his. Who's heart was strong, and brave, and true; but could easily be shattered by harsh words or actions.

Logan took his hand, and sat on the top step. Remy sat a couple below and leaned back between his lover's spread knees. Strong arms wrapped around his shoulders and a reverent kiss placed on top of his head. " I was thinkin' o' you... of me... of us."

He wasn't sure how to explain the peace in his soul. The smile that refused to leave his lips. The butterflies in his gut every time he looked into his lover's amazing eyes.

Remy smiled, and leaned back deeper into his lover's embrace. The feelings pouring off the man made him dizzy, and happy, and warm. " I'm thinkin' y' in love Cher," he whispered with a smile. He closed his eyes and drifted on the mad flow of feelings rushing through him.

Logan chuckled, and kissed the top of his head again as Remy shared what he was feeling. "I'm thinkin' y're right. Happy Anniversary darlin'."

Remy tipped his head back, and looked up into his lover's face. " Happy Anniversary Amour."

The door opened again, and Ororo stepped out into the night, " Would the honored guests of this party care to join it sometime tonight?" She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned quietly back against the wall to watch as they looked into each others eyes. They seemed to have their own telepathy since becoming a couple, and it only increased in strength since the night of their commitment ceremony. "I will tell them that the cake will just have to wait," she whispered as she slowly turned to go back inside. Another glance told her that her two best friends weren't even aware she had been standing there. A soft breeze blew through the wind chime in the garden. She smiled, a love this true deserved a few more moments of peace.

Remy kissed his fingertips, and placed them against Logan's lips. Logan took hold of the hand, and kissed the sensitive fingers then stood pulling the younger man to his feet. They embraced for a moment; swaying to some silent music only they could hear. " Are y' ready, darlin?"

"Oui Cher, always," Remy said after one more soft kiss, " Let's get this party started."

"It's only the first of many, Rem," Logan said softly as he pulled his lover close with one arm, and reached for the door with the other. He stopped before entering, and stared deeply into his lover's eyes, " There's gonna be more than we'll ever be able t' remember."

Remy had to steady himself against the overwhelming love, and deep commitment he was getting from Logan. He swallowed hard, and sent his own matching feelings to his lover. "Forever ain' gonna be long enough."

They kissed again, then with foreheads touching Logan asked, "Now are we ready?"

Remy nodded silently; still too wrapped up in the feelings to respond any other way.

A deep breath; then smiles, and cheers, and warm wishes. A moment later music greeted them as they finally entered the house and closed the door behind them.

End.