Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
222
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
807

The Dollhouse Revisited

Summary:

Pairing: K/S
Rating: G, double drabble
Summary: Kirk doesn't want to stay on Mudd with the Alices, no matter what they offer him.
Written in High Springs.
title is an Ibsen reference that works well for this episode.
Submitted through the KirkLovesSpock mailing list.

Work Text:

The Dollhouse, Revisited
by Farfalla the Butterfly-Kitten

"Please go away."

Alice 427 blinked her blank doll-eyes at Captain Kirk. "But I have not yet had the opportunity to ask you what you desire."

"I desire my ship. I wish to return to the Enterprise."

"That is not permitted. I have already said this."

"Then please leave me alone. There isn't anything you could offer me that would change my mind."

"You like Spock."

Kirk looked up from his sulking position on the sofa. "What makes you say that?" he asked, admitting nothing.

"Lord Mudd told us. He says you are permitted to touch Spock's arm, and that Vulcans do not touch other beings unless they are very close. Is this true?"

Kirk sighed. "Yes, but I don't see how that's any of your business. I don't want a Vulcan android."

"Others of your kind are not always welcoming to homosexual relations," said Alice 427. "We have observed this meme in the records on your ship. On this planet, you and Spock could live your lives free of prejudice and intolerance."

Jim Kirk gritted his teeth. "We... appreciate your concern, but I think we'd both rather try to live in our world--and change it--than run away."

end