Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of A Sentinel's Guide
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
718
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
4
Kudos:
26
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
4,921

A Sentinel's Guide 1: Rogue

Summary:

RATING: PG
WARNINGS: Not Beta'd, AU sorta, pre slash
FANDOM:Sentinel
PAIRING: Jim/Blair
SUMMARY:Brackett finds out why it is not a good idea to be a threat to a Sentinel
Disclamer: yadda yadda yadda, ya know what goes here
Submitted through the Makebelieve_Squidge mailing list.

Work Text:

A Sentinel's Guide 1: Rogue
by Kateri

"Ah, Mr. Sandburg, how good of you to visit me."

Blair Sandburg glanced uneasily at the rouge CIA agent seated behind the table in the interrigation room. Despite being in custody Brackett didn't seem concerned in the least. In fact he acted as if this meeting was his idea and the room his parlor.

Blair sat down opposite of Brackett and jerked a quick nod at the uniform with him. It was only after the officer had left that Blair turned his attention to the man that had threatened an entire city to try to force his Sentinel to help him. He didn't succeed of course, his Sentinel was much too smart and determined to have his actions dictated to him by slime like this.

Blair shook himself from his thought, this was not the time or place for such things. He had a purpose here and he had to fulfill it and return to the loft before his Sentinel found out about his trip here.

"Who else knows?"

Nothing more, nothing less delivered in a quiet tone.

Brackett didn't even pretend not to know what it was that Blair was talking about.

"What do you think Mr. Sandburg?" he asked leaning back and smiling. "This kind of information is quite valuable."

"No one," Blair whispered, almost to quiet for Brackett to hear "At least not until you couldn't use him anymore yourself," Blair continued in a louder voice.

A slow clapping caused Blair's head to jerk in Brackett's direction. "Very well done Professor, so you see the answer is no one else knows why it is I chose Ellison." Brackett then leaned over the table to take the package of gum Blair was fumbling with and helped himself to three pieces and stick the rest of the pack in his pocket.

Blair slowly stood and nodded with confidence "Then my Sentinel is safe." nodding again he turned to leave, only to stop in mid turn and say "I do have to thank for one thing though," he said in an odd tone of voice "I never had a name before, Guide sounds nice."

With that Blair walked over and pounded on the door to be let out.

Brackett sat and pondered Sandburg's odd last words. When the FBI agents came in to escort him to what ever holding facility it was that they thought would hold him he put it out of his mind temporarily. Once in the van he popped another stick of gum in his mouth to try to aleviate his sore throat. When that didn't work he asked the agent across from him for something.

"Here," he said tossing a bag of thought lossangers at him "some Narcotics guy gave them to me"

Brackett helped himself to several and started to unwrap them as he thought of Blair Sandburg. He had thought the boy to be smart, yet when they were talking he seemed to forget that his knowledge about Ellison could get him out. He would have thought that Sandburg would have thought of that.

He popped several lossangers into his mouth and started sucking them.

There was something about their last exchange that bothered him but he couldn't pin it down.

Brackett went to swallow and started to panic when he found he almost couldn't, his throat was swelling incredibly fast. Listening to the shouting FBI agents just before he passed out he heard Sandburg's voice in his head saying Guide, not guide like he had thought. Remembering what he had found out about Sentinel's companions he had the thought 'not Guide, assassin.'

*

Blair Sandburg smiled as he thought of the nice agent that was transporting Brackett. He was real lucky that the man had been coughing and had accepted the cough drops. He hadn't been sure how he was going to get them to Brackett, the gum had been easy. However in order for the poison to work both parts had to be introduced.

Ah well, not need to worry. Blair smile grew even bigger as he stepped into the loft, after all... HIS Sentinel was safe now.

The End...for now

feedback please

Series this work belongs to: