Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,052
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,312

He's Mine!

Summary:

Who gets 'custody' of Harper

Work Text:

"You're sending me off in the Maru for three months of sabotaging Drago Kasov military installations?" Tyr's eye's lit up with an unholy glee.

"Yes," Dylan replied, "You'll need someone with you for back up. I need Beka here for the Perseid diplomatic functions but apart from her you can choose who you want to accompany you." Dylan patted Tyr on the shoulder and used the grin that always slightly unnerved Tyr. "Try not to kill the entire Dragon Pride: I'd like to take a pop at a few myself." Dylan called out as he left.

Dylan's up to something, Tyr thought. Not that I care right now: three months alone with...

The avatar form of Andromeda stepped into the room in front of Tyr. "I know what you're thinking. No, you can't take Harper."

Tyr raised his eyebrows, "Oh yes I can ship. And I will."

"Harper is my engineer, he can't leave for three months."

"I think you are forgetting that he is also the Maru's engineer and I doubt if Beka will be too happy at me trying to maintain her rusty pile of scrap."

"You just want him to go with you because you're nailing him."

"And you just want him to stay for the same reason."

Rommie's voice went up a register, "What?"

"You can't bear the thought of Harper being sexually attracted to anyone but yourself. As if he'd really want a mechanical sex toy when he's got a real, hot-blooded Nietzschean."

"Then why does he have all those sexy nicknames for me and you're just 'Tyr'?"

Tyr looked smug, "We don't need nicknames: he calls you those things because you're a pet project. Like Trance's plants."

Rommie made a sound that was a cross between a growl and tearing metal and zapped Tyr with her internal defences. "There's only one way to settle this: ask Harper whom he wants to stay with."

"Agreed." Tyr replied, rubbing his singed ass.

 

Harper was humming to himself as he replaced some faulty boards on the Maru when Tyr and Rommie barged in glaring at each other. "What's u...mmmph..." Harper was interrupted by Tyr's tongue trying to find the back of his throat. Never one to pass up an opportunity for tonsil hockey he want with it until there was the sound of something going 'zap' and Tyr dropped him back down on the deck with a muffled yelp.

Smiling a little dizzily he looked up at Tyr who was rubbing his ass and glaring at Rommie. "Nice. Any reason other than I'm the hottest piece of ass in the universe for that show of affection?"

Rommie smiled sweetly, "Tyr was saying goodbye: he's off to sabotage the Dragons and since I need you here you'll be separated for a while."

"The ship does not need you here." Tyr scowled at Rommie and turned his most powerful sensual gaze at Harper. "I and the Maru do need you. Just think Harper: three months alone together. No drills when we're 'showering' together, no dressing up for diplomatic functions with 'Captain-stick-up-my-ass'. Just you, me, sex and revenge on the Drago Kasov pride."

Harper opened his mouth but Rommie interrupted. "Talking about showers: you know that when you're out there you'll be back to your five litres a day hot water ration. Not to mention the small, narrow bunks, musty air, dried food and bad company. If you stay here I'll let you work on that 'special project' you've been nagging me about."

"What 'special project'?" Tyr asked.

Harper blushed and Rommie smirked. "I think that's something between me and my engineer."

"Harper?"

"Uhm, nothing really. I mean nothing that you'd be interested in. Just some modifications." Harper looked a little uncomfortable and was sidling towards the door.

"Yes, modifications to my body. Very delicate manipulations." Rommie cooed seductively.

Harper saw his chance and he sprinted out of the airlock while Tyr's attention was on Rommie.

 

Dylan walked into the Maru's hanger bay and ducked as Tyr hit the bulkhead beside him.

"What the..."

Rommie dived on top of Tyr and was kicked about three meters in the air. Tyr jumped to his feet and drew back a fist.

"ENOUGH!" Dylan yelled.

Rommie and Tyr reluctantly stepped back from each other and looked at Dylan.

"Harper tells me you've been fighting over him."

"He's my engineer..."

"The Maru might break down..."

"Tyr just wants regular nookie..."

"Rommie's jealous..."

"I SAID ENOUGH!" Dylan bellowed. "Since you two can't play nice I think you need some time to work on your relationship away from distracting influences. Harper stays here, you two go."

"WHAT?" Tyr and Rommie yelled, both totally missing the small smile of satisfaction on Dylan's face as he spoke.

Dylan crossed his arms and grinned. "I'm the captain, what I say goes. Pack your stuff, you leave in two hours."

 

Harper stood on the observation deck watching the Maru leave when he felt Dylan's breath ruffling his hair. "Hi Dylan, those two are going to kill each other you know."

"No they won't. They'll get over it. Those two are the best two for the job anyway. I had thought about sending them out together before but I didn't want you getting cross with me about separating you from your lover and your obsession."

"Yeah, they kinda did this to themselves didn't they? Three months..." Harper sighed.

Dylan placed a warm hand on Harper's shoulder. "Oh the time will just fly by. And if you get lonely I always keep a stash of cold beer in my quarters..."

"You do?"

Dylan's thumb rubbed the back of Harper's neck. "Yeah, just in case anyone feels like 'popping in'. Would you like to come over now?" Harper grinned and nodded and they left the obs deck together. "I don't really have a stick up my ass you know." Dylan said. Unless I want one there, he added silently.

The end