Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
322
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,142

And Yet He Is Oblivious

Summary:

Pairing: J/B
Rating: PG
Summary: Does he even know?
Disclaimer: They aren’t mine. I’m just writing what the voices tell me to. They wanted to come out to play, so I’m letting them.
Submitted through the SenseXangstRevisited mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

And Yet He Is Oblivious
By blairbear

Does he even know how stunning he is? I never thought I'd be using that word to depict another man; but, that is the word that best describes him. He is the most beautiful person, inside and out, that I've ever met; and yet he is oblivious.

I watch as he speaks to his students, instructing them on their assignment, and then he bids them well. Some of the students, mostly young women, throng around him like moths to a flame. Everyone sees how beautiful he is; and yet he is oblivious.

I'm not jealous, though. We've been together as a couple for three years now; although, it is not something we broadcast. It would be detrimental to both of our careers. I'm not worried that the young coeds flirt with him. He flirts right back, and is damn good at it. He gently lets them down when they ask him out; reminds them of the first written rule of being a professor. He can't fraternize with them; and yet he is oblivious.

We leave his auditorium after he's gathered his items and placed them in the briefcase I purchased for him when the long sot-after Ph.D. was finally presented. We walk, our arms touching as often as possible, towards my truck. It is parked near the entrance to Stanton Hall; the anthropology building where all of his classes are taught. After buckling ourselves in, I begin to drive off. Stopping abruptly, I lean over and kiss him; completely enthralled that I am being kissed back. We've never shown any affection towards each other in public; and yet he is oblivious.

After making love that evening, on the floor in front of the fire, I prop myself on my elbow and gaze into his eyes. Everything I feel about him, I try to convey in those moments; and yet he is oblivious.

The End.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author blairbear.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.