Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
342
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,352

Scenery

Summary:

One giant roadmap and no sense of direction.

Work Text:

Scenery
By Perpetual Motion


"We're lost."

"I noticed."

"This is your fault."

"My fault?"

"You're the one with the map."

Gabe rattled the huge road map in his lap. "First, you and I both know Mac is the one to go to for map-reading, and second, this map is in German."

"You read German."

"Not map German."

Judson laughed. "German is German to you, Gabe. I've heard you speak it all over the country."

"Then, I blame my total lack of direction. "Gabe attempted to fold the map, failed, tried again, failed, crumpled it up and tossed it over the seat. "Where's the GPS?"

"Mac has it. She's pinpointing our dig location with it."

"Where's the back-up GPS?"

"You took it apart during your last bout of cabin fever."

"Oh, yeah." Gabe looked out the window. "Think anyone in the next town will know where we're going?"

"I hope so. Our cells aren't getting reception out here, and cut the engine of the Rover. "Long as we're lost in nice scenery, let's have lunch."

Gabe got out of the Rover and helped Judson lift the cooler from the back of the car. He grabbed a blanket from the backseat, shook it out, and laid it out on the ground. He looked around at the green, open scenery and smiled. "It's nice here."

"Yeah." Judson tossed a sandwich to Gabe. "Come here." He patted the ground next to him and pulled Gabe down next to him. He wrapped an arm around Gabe's waist and kissed the side of his neck. "I'm glad you got us lost."

Gabe pushed back the baggie over his sandwich and leaned on Judson. "Me too, but I'll make sure to put our back-up GPS back together when we get back to the boat."

"Glad to hear it. We're going to need it if Mac decides to go ahead of us again."

They laughed together and enjoyed the scenery as they ate lunch.


END