Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-01-25
Words:
10,874
Chapters:
3/3
Comments:
1
Kudos:
25
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,803

Shot Through the Heart

Summary:

Rating: PG
Pairing: Clark/Whitney
Summary: Read to find out. There is nothing bad.
Disclaimer: These characters do not belong to me, at all.
Spoilers: Up to at least Rosetta
Feedback: Would be appreciated
Notes: I've never done this before so I'm not sure what it will turn out like.
Submitted through the smallville_fanfiction mailing list.

Chapter 1: Page 1

Chapter Text

Shot Through the Heart
by Callie2290

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

There was a large scream and Martha for a deep sleep. With no hesitation at all she ran down the hall to see what the matter was. She flung the door opened and ran to Clark's bed. He was waving his arms up and down and kicking. Martha screamed for Jonathan.

"Jonathan!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. "Hurry its Clark there's something going on. Hurry!"

Jonathan raced down the hall as fast as he could in a complete panic. When he got there he couldn't believe what he was seeing. Clark had opened his eyes, Martha still holding him down as best she could. Then another scream. Then Clark shot fire from his eyes straight at the ceiling. He had done this one other time it was right before he met Dr. Virgil Swann. It was happening again this time in his room. Clark finally regained consciousness. His parents looking at him with those worry eyes he always seems to get when something bad happens.

"Morning" He said almost worried about the reaction he was going to get. "What wrong, is everything okay?"

There was some light smoke hovering above Clark's head and the room had a faint smell of burnt wood. He finally looked up at the ceiling that he hadn't noticed before. There was Kryptonian symbol burned on the ceiling of his room. Then he looked back at his parents.

"Clark, what happened?" Martha finally spoke. "I heard you scream so I rushed down here to see if you were alright. Then you made this just like you did two weeks ago."

Clark didn't know what to say he had no idea that any of this had even happened.

"Clark, what does it mean?" Jonathan said with a tad bit of anger in his voice. "That is one of the symbols, right?"

"Yeah it is... it means...Resurrection." He said hesitantly. Jonathan and Martha didn't know what to say. They we aren't sure what was meant by this. How were they suppose to respond how were they t know what to do next.

"Good thing Chloe isn't here to see this" Clark laughed. "Sorry I meant it as a joke."

"This isn't a laughing matter, Clark this is serious" Jonathan responded with no emotion what so ever. "We need to know what happened, did you have a dream or something?"

"No nothing I was just well asleep" He said as he glanced at the clock. It was 7:30am. "Oh, no. I have to be at school in fifteen minutes. We have a quiz first period."

"Alright Clark, but we want you to come straight home after school." Said Martha as they both left the room. "Jonathan what are we going to do."

"I don't know sweetheart." He said as they went back to their room.

Clark had finally gotten in the shower, washed his hair and was out the door in no more than three minutes. He finally reached the school and saw the bus had just arrived.

He glanced over at who was walking out and saw it was Pete and Chloe.

They were again exchanging money like usual when ever he missed the bus. Chloe didn't look too happy and Pete was smiling from ear to ear. Clark knew Pete had one the bet, he figured it out a while ago that they had been betting on if he would show up. Pete always seemed to win now and was still wondering why Chloe was still even betting him."

"Hey, Clark missed the bus again." Chloe said as the two walked over to them. "We weren't sure if you would even make it today."

"Well you weren't but I knew my main man would get here on time." Pete interjected to hide the secret they both kept.

"Why do you two still even ride the bus? You're not like me who doesn't have a car so why even do it the first place"

"Well first off it a lot easier to find a seat on the bus than to find a park in parking lot." Chloe said with a grin. "Plus the bus is free and with no job, gas is sometimes not always available." She thought to herself for a moment `It's really not free if you keep giving Pete money now is it.'

"So Clark," Chloe thinking out loud now. "Any strange signs on your barn again?"

"No" Clark responded so fast that Chloe almost got whiplash. "Why would you say that?"

"Well you have some thing on your forehead, it almost looks like charcoal."

"Oh well we were cleaning out the fire place this morning" Clark said hesitantly.

"Oh, right at 7:00 this morning. Okay"

"Hey, where is Lana?" Clark wondering and trying to change the subject all at once. He didn't see her and wondered where she might be, since they obviously live together.

"Oh, well she said she had something to do early this morning, so she's already here." Chloe said as they walked into the school.

School was over, it seemed to take forever but it finally was. Clark was starting to head home and then got to thinking, maybe he could find something at the caves so he spun around look to see if anyone was looking and took of at high speed.

It took him about a minute and he was there. He went in, knowing that no one would be there especially after the accident a couple of weeks ago with Dr. Walden being put into a coma. He walked in, looked around it was damp and really old in there with really very little light except for the hole in the top that he fell in a while ago.

He walked forward to the where he put in the octagon disk in the wall and looked around and then he saw it...

There was something, someone on the ground, not moving. Clark ran over to him and was almost in shock to see who it was. It was Whitney. Whitney the one that was announced dead just a couple of months ago, the same Whitney that he thought had returned only to find out that it was crazy Tina Greer. He used his x-ray vision and scanned him there was no meteor rocks so it wasn't Tina. He looked at him, he was in his uniform but it was shredded all over the place and deep cuts all over his face his hair was short but not too short. Clark was pretty much in shock granted he acted a fast as he could but he couldn't believe what he was seeing. He lifted up the limp body and rushed him to the hospital.

"Dr. Bryce please report to the E.R immediately." Said the intercom, "Dr. Bryce please report to the E.R immediately."

Helen was sitting having lunch with Lex when she was paged. "Sorry Lex I have to go."

"Wait let me come with you" Lex said getting up from the Cafeteria table.

"Then you better keep up"

They both rushed out of the Cafeteria, Helen was very fast and Lex was having trouble keeping up. They finally made it to the E.R and reported to the desk. Helen was informed that her new patient was in room 4. They both turned the corner and there was Clark standing outside of the room looking through the window.

Lex and Helen were surprised to see him standing there and Lex was floored when he found out who was in the bed. Clark told him what had happened leaving out why he was there. He said he found Whitney when he was down there doing research for his paper. Lex let it go because he was fascinated by how Whitney showed up out of the blue in just 2 months.

A half hour went by with people coming in and out the room practically every minute. Finally, Helen walked out and told them what was going on.

"Alight where do we begin" started Helen, "He had a concussion to the back of the head two bullets in his back one that almost hit his spine and the other shot through the heart. His left leg was broken and a sprained right wrist. So in all honesty I am still trying to figure out how he is still alive."

"So can you fix anything" said Clark. "Is he going to be okay?"

"Well I really shouldn't be telling you anything anyway. His mom is on her way and she is also bringing Lana. So I will tell you when she gets here okay"

"Listen I'm going to take care of all of the bills okay" Lex telling Helen. She pointed the way to the Cashier.

Just as the conversation ended in walked Betty, Whitney's mom and Lana. Betty was in tears and holding on to Lana for dear life. They walked up to the front desk and Lana spotted Clark and Lex. She pulled Betty with her. Betty was shaking as she walked to the door and stepped in. She sat down next to Whitney and just cried. Lana stood outside and looked in from the window.

"Is anyone sure that that is not Tina, I mean she did it before."

"It's not, Lana we saw Tina when she died" Said Clark sure of himself after seeing for himself. "It's not Tina; I really think that it is Whitney. I'm just tying to figure out how he ended in the cave."

"He was in the cave?" said Lana, "You found him Clark, when?"

"I found him about an hour ago in the cave and then I brought him straight here."

"Well thanks Clark you're a good friend."

"I going to so call when anything happens okay"

"Sure Clark I will"

Clark finally made it home and there were his parents sitting at the island in their kitchen. Jonathan was really mad and Martha looked worried sick. "Clark where have you been?!"

"I'm sorry dad; I went to the cave to see if I can find anything else out about that symbol on my ceiling"

"Clark we told you to come straight home"

"Dad in the cave there was someone there unconscious, it was Whitney"

"What?!" Martha interjected. "Whitney is alive, well is he okay?"

"No one knows, he is pretty bad. Lana said that she would call as soon as they got word though"

"Well I hope that everything turns out okay. Betty has been horrible for the past few weeks now. If Whitney is back then she will be so much better maybe even hold up a conversation. Jonathan I think we can talk about the ceiling a little later okay."

"Yeah I guess that your right, son we will talk about this later okay."

"Alright, I'm going out to the loft for a little while."

Clark was out into the loft sitting on the couch just thinking.

How did Whitney get there and why was he in the cave. Where did he come from?

Clark decided that he needed answers and dashed out of the loft. He got to the cave and looked around something was different. Then he saw something new, on the wall. He had been there so many times that he knew that there was something different. It was something that was written.

Clark got closer and looked at it, he couldn't believe what he was reading, and it was all in Kryptonian.

Kal-El the last son of Krypton will face many enemies and will defeat them by his own two hands.

"What is this? Jor-El what have you done did you bring Whitney back? Why?!"

A voice boomed from through the wall. "Kal-El, I have sent this human back to you, you need to destroy him and move along with your own destiny. He is a rival that you let slip away, that is unacceptable."

"You are crazy, he is a friend and I will not do that. Why can't you just leave people alone. Is it really that difficult?"

"Kal-El you must do this it is your destiny to conquer this simple world. Take out anyone that stands in your way. "

"I won't do that and you can't make me."

"But I can, you need to learn that no one can stand in your way and by ignoring this it could lead to your undoing."

"What you just want me to kill him? Do something that you would do?"

"Yes"

"Well, than I won't do that. Do what you want to me but leave my friends and family alone."

"Very well Kal-El, you leave me no choice."

A blast of blue light shot through the air hitting Clark and knocking him across the cave. There was a loud yell and another blast, this time red shot through the air, lifting Clark high up in the air. And a final one, yellow, throwing into a pillar of rock in the middle of the cave.

"You see Kal-El; I can make things very difficult for you until you finally come to your senses."

"No, I won't do anything" Clark said breathing heavily.

"I see, well perhaps I might have misjudged you. Perhaps I might let the boy live if you were to do something for me."

"What?" Clark said reluctantly. "What do you want?"

"Where the boy came from, Indonesia or some country like that he found something there with out knowing it. But then he was killed. I brought him back for you to get him to tell you what happened to it. You will need to find it or he will die... again and this time he will stay dead."

Clark sighed. "What am I looking for and why d you need it?"

"It is a small jewel, light turquoise gem that I need there are five that Lara and I put in your ship with you. Four of them stayed with you until you landed and then the ship took care of them, however the last one somehow ended up there and we need it back. That is all that you need to know. "

Clark was reluctant to do so but he finally agreed to do so. It's just how he was going to explain this to Whitney and his parents he did not know. He finally left the cave and headed home he was extremely sore and he even saw some blood for a second in his mouth.

TBC