Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
419
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,267

Wanting

Summary:

Website: none
Permission to archive: sure as long as you let me know
Fandom(s): Numb3rs
Genre (general, hetero or slash): pre slash I guess
Pairing/Characters: Don/Charlie
Rating: FRT
Summary: Don reflects on what he wants
Warnings: Spoliers for the ep. about the train sabotages
Notes: Unbeta'd and the first numb3rs fic I wrote.
Submitted through the SlashByTheNumb3rs_2 mailing list.

Work Text:

Wanting
by Julia

"But I sent Don there" Charlie said unable to breathe properly for a moment at the thought that he'd sent his big brother into a dangerous situation, again. He was well aware of the fact that if the bomb went off in the train yard the blast would reach as far as the building where he was and that statistically he would not outlive his big brother for long. When he heard Don's voice over the radio saying that everything was alright he felt the knot in his chest unwind a little, this was not the first time that he had felt like this when he knew his brother was in a dangerous situation but he still did not know what had caused it.

Don was not sure how long it had been since he had first noticed the fact that he was lusting after his little brother but it had been more than a few years for certain. Looking out towards the lift he could see Charlie talking to Amita and it was clear from the way his little brother was standing that he was working up the courage to ask her out. He did not even stop to think but stepped in between them as he felt was his right and started to congratulate Charlie on his work and thank him for all his help. His he turned to leave he noticed Charlie stood there in shock for some moments before moving off to find Amita again.

Later that evening they were all in the Eppes house enjoying the meal that Alan had prepared. Don smiled indulgently as Charlie started to explain the importance of numbers to Terry and David a lecture that he had heard many times and did not tire of hearing. He loved the look on Charlie's face when he was explaining something he was passionate about and as it was Charlie it was usually math. He did not always understand what his brother went on about but would be willing to sit there for hours if he was needed to be Charlie's sounding board just so he could see the look on his face. Amita sat next to him and he tried to focus on the conversation being completely distracted when he saw Charlie looking at them speculatively and with considerable interest though he did not know whether it was Amita or him that the look was aimed at.

end