Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
348
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
3
Hits:
1,189

15 minute challenge .. Festive

Summary:

Anser to a lj 15minutechallenge word #133, festive

Work Text:

"The weather outside is frightful ...." Blair half sung, half hummed the song that was playing on the radio. He looked in the box and pulled out the next ornament and turned to hang it on the tree that he was decorating.

It was a week till Christmas and he was now finally getting time to decorate the loft. Exams were over and he did well for the semester. Now he had 4 weeks of vacation from the University.

Turning he grabbed the next ornament, a panther. He had found it in Mexico when he took a group of students for a week trip on spring break. He found it and couldn't resist picking up the trinket. Over the three years, he had picked them up, not really knowing till this year why they were significant. But now it had come all together. The panther was Jim's spirit animal.

Placing the panther on the tree, he turned once more and picked up a grey wolf. His mother had found it and sent it to him in one of her, guess what I found, packages. Blair smiled as he put it on the tree, not far from the panther. "You be good." He told his spirit animal.

He started moving to the beat of the up tempo Christmas song. He needed this, the festive atmosphere. After the year of hell, he called it, a good break was needed.

As he continued to add to the tree, Jim came home to see his loft transformed from a pristine calm apartment to what he would consider a Christmas explosion. But he couldn't deny it that it was fun to see. He had to hand it to Sandburg in getting the loft to look full of spirit of the season.

Blair looked at Jim and smiled, "Hey, didn't expect you home till later."

"Got off on good behavior."

"You?" Blair asked in a questioning voice.

"Even Simon can feel good cheer."

"Yeah right," Blair laughed as he picked up his next treasure. "You like?"

"I like Darwin."