Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,887
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,209

Ships in the night

Summary:

There are fates and fates.

Work Text:

Disclaimer: still not mine
Notes: This one is dark and somewhat gory, even by my standards, so tread with caution.

***

He was walking along the dirty streets, dodging beggars, pickpockets, scantily clad prostitutes and the various men and women on their way to or from a bar, or one of the dubious stores catering to any taste in the known universes. He did not waiver from his chosen route, as he did not want to make another mistake. He was still sporting some bruises from when he had let himself be picked up on his way to Joel's. There was little time to check out the client on the street.

He walked the few steps up to the large door to Joel's Wateringhole. It was still quiet in there, only a few technicians from the spaceport drinking beer and some women from Madam Naomi's playing cards. The brothel did not open until later in the evening, but then it was usually busy until early morning.

"Hi, Jim," Joel greeted him from behind the counter. He was a large man with a biomechanical arm. How he had lost his original arm depended on his mood, there were at least a dozen different versions of it.

"Hi, Joel. Lou here yet?"

"Nope, you can choose which room you want to use." There were two small rooms in the back of the main hall that Joel rented out, usually to Jim and Lou, but if either was late, he would give them to any who asked.

"Okay, I'll take the left one. The futon's not so lumpy." Jim took a few coins from a nanny bag at his waist. The trousers were too tight to fit anything into a pocket.

Jim looked around as he went to check out the room. The bar was as tidy as ever, with a clean rock floor and sturdy wooden furniture. The tables were bolted to the floor. He noticed Megan reading a 'pad on a shadowy table.

"Hi, pretty. How's it going?" he asked. Megan had a jagged scar going from her jaw up to the hairline on the right side of her face. The scar along with the short reddish hair made her hard to miss, even in the mixed crowd of a spaceport.

"Well enough. You working?" she asked as she caressed his thigh.

"In a few minutes. Is there a larger ship coming to port?" Megan worked in the ground control so she should know.

"Yep, a military cargo vessel. I'm sure some of the guys will come here."

"Thanks. I'll come right back as soon as I've checked the office," Jim promised with a grin as he removed her hand that had wandered to his crotch.

"I'll be waiting."

***

Jim cleaned himself up and straightened the stained and by now dirty sheets on the futon. The night was going well. Joel's was situated on the outskirts of the seedier district so its clientele consisted mainly of workers and the crews from the ships coming to port. Few clients wanted anything extra, and Joel kept a keen eye on the goings-on in his place.

He checked the credits in the nanny bag that was lying on the small night table. The pickings were good enough. A few more and he could finish for the night. He wondered if he should ask Joel if the large man wanted any company for the night.

***

Jim nodded to Lou as the young man with coffee-coloured skin passed him in the short hallway. The client groped Jim in passing. Jim shook his head. One could get the impression the guy hadn't gotten any for months.

***

Jim looked at the crowded room, trying to spot the next potential client. There were crewmembers from at least two or three ships. It would be no use to try any of the guys playing cards, but the two youngsters by the combooth could be a possibility. They looked like they were out to spend some hard earned credits.

He started to walk towards them, but froze when he noticed a curly-haired young man staring at him. He had never seen the man, but he knew him. Somehow, he knew him.

Jim shook his head. No, he could not afford such stupid notions.

A hand on his arm startled him out of his thoughts. It was the young man.

"Sorry, didn't mean to spook you," he said with a grin. "You working?"

"Yes," Jim said, still feeling out of balance by his reaction. "Come along."

***

"So, what should I call you?" Jim asked as he sat down on the futon. His client was putting his things on the armchair by the door.

"I'm Blair," the young man said. He put the jacket and shirt on the chair and leaned on the wall to take off his boots. "Take your clothes off."

Jim put the slip-ons by the bed and the trousers and thin shirt on the night table. He leaned back on the futon.

It was not often that he *wanted* to be with a client, but this time he did. He wanted to know what Blair tasted like, how he smelled and what he would look like when he came. He did not understand why he felt like this, Blair was not like his usual boyfriends.

Blair got on the futon, still wearing his thick baggy trousers, but it looked like he had no underwear. The intent gaze was a bit unnerving.

Blair lay down on top of Jim. The first kiss was possessive, passionate and not what Jim had been expecting from a client.

"Can you feel it?" Blair whispered into his ear.

Jim nodded.

Blair moved downwards, kissing and licking his way down to Jim's navel. They were both hard as a rock by then. Jim did not say anything. He was enjoying the attention too much, he did not want Blair to stop or hurry up.

"Wha?" Blair was actually kissing his toes. Jim arched and moaned. He had not known that having his feet caressed could feel so great.

"Where do you keep the lube?" Blair asked as he sat down between Jim's legs.

"Uh, right. In the vase by the armchair." Jim watched as Blair got up and took a small packet from the large vase. This was not a client getting his money's worth. There was more to it. There was a connection between the two of them, a mutual attraction. But what did it matter? Blair was a crewmember in a ship, probably the military cargo vessel Megan had talked about. He would leave soon enough.

Enjoy the attention while you can, Jim thought as Blair settled back between his legs and opened the small tube.

***

Blair took his time preparing Jim. He did not hurry entering him either.

Blair lay down on Jim, putting most of his weight on his arms on either side of Jim. He thrusted in and out of Jim slowly, leisurely, with concentration. Jim hooked his legs behind Blair's back.

"Can you feel it?" Blair asked softly.

"Yes," Jim admitted in whisper.

"My chosen one," Blair said almost reverently, and bent down to kiss his throat.

"What?"

Blair speeded up his thrusts and threw his head back. Jim braced himself to receive the pounding. He could feel his own orgasm coming.

The two came together, the slightly smaller one inside his partner and the other one all over his own belly and hand. Joel did not like stains on the chalked walls.

***

Blair lay bonelessly on Jim. "Mine," he said as he nuzzled Jim's throat.

"About that," Jim started. He was still trying to slow down his breathing.

"You said you felt it too," Blair pointed out as he raised his head.

"Yes, but let's face it. You're a -"

"Navigator on a cargo ship," Blair offered with a small smile.

"Right, and I'm a whore. Now we can meet while you're on port, no problem, but beyond that, I really don't think it could work between us."

"Meet a few times? We're fated," Blair stated as withdrew from Jim and sat up. He looked upset.

Jim took a deep breath and sat up. "I admit there's mutual attraction and I wouldn't mind having you as a boyfriend, but fated?" Jim shook his head. He had given up such foolish notions years ago.

"You don't believe in the spiritual." Blair sounded confused.

"No, in my line of work you kind of concentrate on the physical," Jim said ruefully. He grabbed his shirt and put it on. "Which reminds me. You haven't paid for this one."

Blair shook his head. "Will I meet you again?"

"I usually work here. I won't give to you for free, not while I'm working, but I'm planning to take a day off in a couple of days," Jim told him. He felt a fool offering hope, but he did not want to give this up, whatever it was.

"Working. Giving yourself to others," Blair turned his head away. His shoulders were tense. Then he turned fast and slammed Jim against the wall. "Mine," he growled.

"No," Jim stated, hardening his voice and eyes. He would not let anyone dictate his life, and he would not lie just to placate Blair.

Jim felt or sensed Blair reach into his pocket. Then suddenly there was warm blood flowing down his shoulder and chest. He stared at Blair, shocked to his core.

"Together, forever," Blair whispered.

***

The bar was quiet and the last drunkards were being carried out. Joel checked the key rings in his hand. Jim had not returned his key. The younger man never forgot it.

The bar owner walked to the room and opened the door with his original key.

The bed was coloured dark red. Jim was practically naked, with only a blood-soaked shirt on him. He was lying on a young spacer who only his trousers on and whose throat was practically cut through. A slim scalpel like knife was lying on the bed covers.

Joel shook his head. He would have to change the bed sheets and have the wall washed.

He locked the door and walked out to the main room. He saw Simon just entering the bar, still wearing his police uniform. The two men had served in the army in the same unit and had kept in touch after leaving the service, with full benefits and honours.

"Hi, Simon. I might have a case for you," Joel said.

"Oh." A raised eyebrow.

"Yep, looks like one of the whores that rent a room here has been killed by his client. The client killed himself too," Joel told him as they stood in the middle of the room, away from the prying ears of the cleaners and staff.

Simon nodded. "Mind if I use it?"

Joel shrugged. "As long as it won't get me or the bar in trouble."

Simon took the key he was given and walked to the short hallway leading to the rooms.

***

Simon looked around. Yes, he could plant some moondust here. It would force the captain to reopen the smuggling case and give the department another chance at Sam's smuggling operation. As an added bonus, it would also give him another shot at Captain Pendergast's post.

Yes, this could work well.

***

End