Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
416
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
16
Hits:
994

To Tell the Truth

Summary:

"Sammy, there's something you need to know?"

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

"I shouldn't have told you," Dean said, staring ahead at the road before them.

"No..it's okay. I'm glad you did." Sam knew his words weren't convincing.

"It's just that...well I thought you'd want to know."

Dean kept his white knuckled grip on the steering wheel.

"I did...I do...It's alright."

Sam hazarded a glance at his older brother. He could tell by the way the muscles in his jaw were working, he regretted everything he had said.

"Dean," Sam said, gently reaching over and placing a hand on his brother's thigh, "it's okay."

Dean glanced at the long slender fingers before quickly focusing back at the road.

"I mean I don't want you to freak out about this. We've been together a while and it just seemed like I ought to say something.

"I'm glad you did," Sam smiled, softly squeezing his brother's thigh.

"So we're okay?" Dean questioned.

"Sure," Sam nodded.

"And at the next motel?" Dean pressed.

"I'll do it."

"Really?" Dean couldn't hide the delight in his voice.

"Really."

"You don't have to if you don't want to..."

"I said I would," Sam said firmly.

He slipped his hand back into his own lap and stared out the passenger side window. It seemed like an eternity before Dean turned off at a sign that read "Motel Rooms Cheap." He could feel his older brother's eyes on him; still wondering if what he'd told him had offended him.

"I'll get a room," Dean said, before climbing out of the car and stretching a bit.

Sam sat quietly mulling over what Dean had told him. Tapping on the passenger side window jolted him from his thoughts.

"We're in luck, we're parked right near our room."

Dean and Sam walked silently to the room. Despite Sam's assurances, Dean was pretty sure his confession didn't sit well with Sam. It wasn't until they were securely in the room and Dean was organizing their things that he realized Sam took it better than he'd anticipated. He watched his baby brother strip bare before turning an walking over to the bed he was sitting on.

"I'm ready," Sam smiled.

Dean quickly rifled through his duffel and gathered the necessary items. Sam took them without hesitation and headed for the bathroom. Before he entered, Sam looked back over his shoulder.

"Dean?"

"Yeah Sammy?" He answered, keeping his eyes focused on his brother's face.

"Next time you think I need a bath, just come out and say it."

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Miss Meehan.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.