Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
558
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Bookmarks:
4
Hits:
1,402

Method of protection

Summary:

Over these last few months, Tony had seen glimpses of a different Jethro. Posted to ncis slash. Spoilers for MInd games and See no Evil.

Work Text:

Method of protection
By Stacy L.A. Stronach

Tony finished his report and leant back in his chair. McGee was down in the lab with Abby, reviewing the work they'd done with the satellite imagery; Paula had headed home, exhausted and sore, while Gibbs had just left to give his report to Director Shepard.

"He was a lot like you." Ducky's words ricocheted through Tony's head. He'd known, truly, that Jethro hadn't been meaner ten years ago.

He knew because sometimes, sometimes when they were alone together, sometimes after they'd made love, he'd experienced that Jethro. He'd seen the barriers come down, seen the happiness and love on Jethro's face when he looked at him. Tony had made the comment to Ducky to keep him from guessing about them. They weren't ready, just yet, to be public about their new relationship, their new status.

Tony and Jethro had started sleeping together after the case with Captain Watson, the asshole who'd had his wife and blind daughter kidnapped. Jethro had been so angry at the man, Tony knew there had to be a story behind it. He'd invited himself over, brought Chinese food and good bourbon. They'd talked and while Jethro hadn't told Tony the whole story that night...Tony had learned enough. Then one semi-drunken kiss had led to another, which had eventually led to bed, which had led to the next morning and Tony waking up with Jethro's arms and body wrapped around him.

Over the last few months, they'd gone from being something casual to something more; to being lovers. Tony smiled, amused at this situation. Leroy Jethro Gibbs was the last person he'd have ever expected to end up with.

Over these last few months, Tony had seen glimpses of a different Jethro, someone who cared deeply but had been hurt so badly, he needed to protect himself, to protect his soul. The more time they spent together, the more Jethro let him in and the more Tony let Jethro in.

Tony still sometimes felt amazement that Jethro had let _him_ in, had shared so much of his past and even his pain with Tony. Hell, Tony had even amazed himself by sharing some of his own pain and secrets with Jethro. The pain each felt was different, caused by different things, but still it wasn't something they shared easily with others. Each man had his method of protection; Gibbs wore the armour of a hard assed bastard; DiNozzo's armour was that of the immature, carefree flirt.

Hearing the door to the Director's office close, and Jethro's familiar tread on the stairs, Tony started packing up his stuff. Gibbs glanced at him as he walked past, before sitting at his desk.

"Going somewhere, DiNozzo?"

"Yeah, thought I'd head home. My reports are on your desk, Boss."

"Home?"

Tony smiled at his lover. "Yeah, home, you know where that is, don't you?"

"Yeah, Tony, I do. I'll see you there later, I'll probably be another hour or so," Jethro said softly, smiling.

"Okay, then, I'll see you later," Tony said, a grin still plastered across his face as he headed home to wait for the man he loved.

//**the end**\\