Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-03-08
Words:
4,242
Chapters:
9/9
Kudos:
11
Hits:
5,070

Overslept

Summary:

Johnny has overslept. How will he explain it to Cap and Roy?

Chapter 1: Page 1

Notes:

Rating: PG
Pairing: N/A
Fandom: Emergency!
Archive: Yes
Summary: Johnny has overslept. How will he explain it to Cap and Roy?
Content Warning: Harsh language.
Copyright: June 2001 By Robin R. Neher
THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.
THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Chapter Text

 

Overslept
by Robin R. Neher

 

Johnny Gage awakened to bright sunlight streaming through his bedroom window. Looking at the clock by his bedside, Johnny gaped at the time.

"Ten O'clock! Oh man!" Johnny yelled. "I was supposed to be on duty at eight!"

As a panicked Johnny jumped out of bed, he realized there was no use.

Cap's already called in a replacement by now. John thought climbing back under the covers. Might as well enjoy my extra day off. I'll be suspended anyway. Not that I could blame Cap. A station can't be shut down because I didn't get up in time. Roy can't be expected to wait on me either. May as well face it, Johnny. You're benched for a least one shift.

Johnny drifted back to sleep again. He awakened again around lunch time, Getting up, he turned on his TV and fixed himself a sandwich. As he ate, Johnny's thoughts again drifted back to the station.

I'll bet Cap's mad as hell now. Johnny thought. I'll bet Roy and the other guys are getting the riot act about now, thanks to me. I'll bet they're just getting their asses chewed! But know what? I just don't care! Today is mine! The hell with them!

Finished eating, Johnny dressed, grabbed his keys, and headed out for a day of fun in the sun.

 

 

TBC........