Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
12,567
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
721

A Royal Friendship

Summary:

STORY SITUATION: Learn how a friendship builds through the years.
DISCLAIMERS: The usual. I don't own them; I just love playing with them.
RATING: G
There a small story I was to though about after watch a mini serie called "Victoria and Albert".
THANKS: To my dictionary Harrap's French - English, really, I don't know what a do without it.
Submitted through the SAJVfic mailing lists.

Work Text:

A Royal Friendship
By Annie - moishouki

London, England, spring 1837

"Ffffather, why do we nnnneed to go there? I'm in vvvacation! I do not wand lost a fffull week of vvvacation in go there alone with you! I did not see rrrraz since weeks!"

A stammered young man complaining in follow his quiet and straight father out of the school' doors as a carriage was to wait for them with the driver ready to open the door for them to climb in the carriage. But as the boy was about to complain again the father stopped his step in hold his ground without turned to look on his son who walked behind him, "Phileas, stop that! For once I come take you at the college at the end of the year, you could thank me rather than complain all the way back." "Bbbbut we not go bbbback home! And I not wwwand go to that ccccastle to sssstay to wait in the hall while you and other people would dddddiscuss long hours away and that ssssseveral ddddays."

The father sighs aloud and turned to look on his son, "I was to hope you would be happy to pass finally a bit of time with me." "Bbbbut it will not bbbe pass time with you as always, fffather! You will wwwork and I will nnnnneed wait alone in a dddamn." "Phileas, what I teaches you, stay polite with me, I'm your father! You come to the castle with me it's that and that all! Now climb in that carriage, we not have the day!" The man said without any more patience remaining as he was to have more than enough worry on himself and was not to wand heard his son complain anymore. The boy unhappy climbed in the carriage for heard a voice cry with hart, "Surprise!" What almost made him fall at the feet of his father who was faster and put his hand to grip the boy jacket uniform at the neck and steady the boy. "Rrrraz!" "I come too, you should be happy, Phil." A brown-haired little boy said with excitation to see his elder brother "Yes, he will be happy two days and next will complain again!" The man said to an other in matter of fact in come in after his son sit for talk with his young brother and the driver smiles to his employer before close the door and drive them as agreed at destination.

The carriage stopped on the royal land in front the Windsor castle. The driver open the door and the gentleman was the first to climb down and after his two sons manage to climb down alone, "I hope you will behave, Erasmus, you're supposed being a young man." "I will, sir." The boy said his hands behind his back with his fingers crossed and his brother to watch on him with a disapproving gaze on his face while Sir Boniface said to his elder one to watch the younger one. Next the gentleman bows to people being come out to wait for them. Sir Boniface talked a bit with these people before follow them inside.

Phileas looked around and walked to the royal yard followed by his young brother, "Wwwwhat all of tttthat?" He asked in sit to a bench as Erasmus walked close, "The king is sick, Phil. Father said that to me." He said in climb at his side on the bench "A new one will be named, it's why Father was in need come here." Phileas looked on him in understand his father worry now, "Ah! Tttthe king Ggggguillaume IV had not any dddddescendant. So it why ffffather is so wworry."

"What will happen, Phil, if the king not have children for take his place?"

"Tttthe adults will ffffound a solution, rrrraz." He said and looked on his brother, "Lllllet's see if the rrrroyal stables got new ffffoal yet. Sssshaall we?"

"Yes! Can I climb on your back, Phil?"

"You bbbbegan to bbbbe too bbbig for that, rrraz!"

After he had said his sentence almost all stammered Erasmus busted to laugh, "I know, but I'm always to like hear you said that." He said and run to the stable as his brother follow him on a slower step.

The remain of the day had been right even with Erasmus' habit to look for trouble in his way to get attention what was so often denied by their father widow since three years who was to pass his time to work to forget his pain. But the day after, Erasmus had succeeded to get his brother' temper out, and Sir Boniface' elder son had walked for a place to hide in waiting to calm down. On the other hand, Alexandrina Victoria had again got one of these arguments with her mother and that Irish man, Sir John Conroy, who she was to haste a bit more each day. She walked to the a quiet room of the castle when once in she leaved come out her frustration in a good growl when she saw sit there in the room a young dark-haired man, not more than fifteen years old looking on her with a frown in seem totally angry to have been mind by her coming in the room. "Well, if my presence mind you, you are welcome to walk out, sir!" she almost yelled on him. Phileas looked on her in get out of his arm chair and to look on her with an eyebrow lift, she was a bit elder than him, but was to look younger than her age after have act as a spoiled little girl. "I'm not mmmming of your ppppresence, mmmmiss. It's just ttthan it's not rrrreally llady lllike to ggrolw as a wild bbbbeast as you dddone." On his worlds stammered Victoria was almost to get back her good mood, "I should recall of that then. Who are you, sir, if of course you can say that without take a week."

Phileas looked a bit offended what amused her, "Phileas Fogg, miss." He said decided without stammered. Victoria smiles to him, "Sir Boniface Helderness Fogg's elder son. Glad to finally meet you, sir." Phileas looked on and for avoid him to stammer again; she said on his curious gaze, "I'm Alexandrina Victoria, daughter of Edward, duke of Kent and Victoria of Saxe-Cobourg Saalfeld." On her name Phileas didn't seem impressed and a bit angry that his only reaction to her name and identity was his stay offended gaze and she add, "You're surely too young for know what all of that means." Phileas looked on her in seem more offended, "I'm nnnot so young. I will bbbbegin at university this autumn." Victoria smiles friendly to him in saw well than her kidding was to offend him and his stammering was not improved with the feeling, "University, it seem great, which one, if I can ask and which faculty." Phileas looked on her, "A mmmmajor in history, with a bbbbit of archaeology, and ggggeography, at cccambridge." As he said, Victoria smiles, "You're an handsome young man, Phileas Fogg. Stay that way." She said and kiss his cheek before add, "Now, you should found back your young brother as I go back to my precedent occupation. It was good to meet you, I hope see you again soon." As she had kiss his cheek Phileas had redden and could not answer her other wise than in a bow.

They stay few days close of the castle, but Sir Boniface denied bringing them at Shillingworth Magna on these vacations. And Phileas was stay hang under Victoria beauty even if her arrogance first to his stammering had rumbled his feeling. She was the first young lady to said him he was handsome even if the others he had know until there had been interested in him but was all to change their mind to his first sentence to them. She had been the first to agreed to stay to talk to him for more than the first words of the introduction. She had even said her wish to see him again soon. He was to dream about her day and night, until his father calls him to his office. Phileas walked to his father study of the London house they was not permit to leave for that summer. Phileas was sure that his brother had bladed to their father. Phileas played with his tie and jacket before knock at the door and come in once his father had said him to come in. "Sit down, my son." His father had said to him on friendly tone but without look on the boy.

Phileas sit uneasy in use the chair put in front of the desk. "Son, what do you know of Alexandrina Victoria Regina, daughter of Edward, duke of Kent and Victoria of Saxe-Cobourg Saalfeld?" On the name Phileas cleared his throat, "She is the ppppprettiest young llllady I nnnnever mmmeet, fffather." He said in hope it would help his cause. Sir Boniface looked on his son on that answer. "I'm happy for you judgement, my son. I fear that it confirm what I was to know and to believe." Phileas stay silent unsure of what it was to means. And Sir Boniface put down his elbows on the desktop and his chin on the top of his jointed hands. "Sorry my son, if you got any interests in that young lady, I fear she is not the one you should look for." "Bbbbbut ffffather!" It was all what he was able to stammer since his father denies him to say more. "Phileas, you're again young, you're not a child anymore, but you're not a man yet and she's elder than you of few years. She's probably the first young lady you got interests in. So you got all the time for see others women. You have both incompatible fates do trust me on that. You would better to forget any interests you got for her. And noble people wed rarely by love, my son, you should know that by now." Phileas looked on his father with a frown but said nothing as his father stay to look on his elder son. "You're lucky, I always denied to engage you in any arranged marriage. And I got for my share to believe you would be enough bright for stay away of that. You can more than certainly made a judicious choice on the woman you will wand married when you will feel the time is come. Give to yourself time, nothing hurry."

Phileas stay to look on his father a bit sad, "Why wwwould we gggot so incompatible ffffate, ffffather? She can certainly wait, nnnnothing hurry for her nnnneither." Sir Boniface looked on his son in understand his situation, "Phileas, listen, it not something well agreed by the society than a man wed a woman elder than him and again less if she's major and not him. You're too young and she's almost major. And you're destined to work for the secret service. She's destined to wed a man of her age." Phileas heard well the hesitation so rare in his father voice, "What ddddo you hide me, ffffather?" he urged the answer in get up and put his hand on the desktop.

Sir Boniface looked on his son in try to sound and look understanding, "The king is sick, he not have any descendent, you know that. The lineage and the death of some princes in line for the crown made than Victoria is the soon to be queen of England, Phileas. It would never being agreed than the Queen wed a younger man than her, not more than people would understand why he's only a noble and not even a Price, or why he made more displacement than the queen herself even if it's for his job. Be realist my son, you not even have a way to prove who you are since you would need paper for that. Your only fifteen, the first love is as it, more often plainly and rarely successful." Phileas clenched his jaw and walked to the door as his father stopped him on a more authoritarian tone, "Phileas, she's promise since long time ago to an other man, even if she was not to be the queen, you would not have a word to said to that! I know her mother, never she would lets you frequent and court her, not matter if Victoria has any feeling for you, and neither I would lets you go in such decision right now! See her as a friend if you wand, but not try broke her fate, her mother would easily got the royal guard shoot you than lets you ruined her daughter!"

Phileas turned over and sighs before walk to his room where he stays locked several days to though about the facts. The king was sick and would not pass through the summer than the physician had said. Phileas stay in his room few days to though about her and him. The first days have been hard, the following a bit less and the last ones he had pass locked in his room had served to though about the situation and to evaluate the facts. She was eighteen, he was fifteen, she had first made him come almost out of his temper, and had finish by kiss friendly his cheek, it had faulted him feeling. And she was promise to and other. He had not even finish his study. Surely than she had never saw in him more than a little brother. She had not even try to see him again after that small chat in the parlour even if they had passed almost a week at the castle. Phileas stepped out of his room and though about something else, boring for once Erasmus as he was to do on him more than often. But before he found his brother, a domestic passed with an official envelope on the silver plate. The king was dead.

The two next days passed as the both boys get to be measured and to try several times the clothes to be readjusted. The new suits were totally unusual for them, but they were needed. The followed morning, they were all up sooner than the usual, they was asked to dress in the new suit delivered the evening before, Phileas made the best of his suit since he was to enjoy the look of that on him while Erasmus preferred continued to be is young self in made only more kidding for try to amuse the gallery in made penguin imitation and all. He was forced to stop for come back to a better behaviour when his father saw him and sends him a cold frowning gaze. As they were all ready, Sir Boniface made only a sign and the two boys followed him to the carriage without a word.

It was June 20th 1837, the carriage bring them to the palace where it was to seem really quiet. Phileas and Erasmus were stay alone but it didn't take long before the lives around them began to active themselves as the domestics was to ready the ballroom for the coronation of the new queen. Few hours later, people had begun to arrive at the castle. Phileas' attention had been caught but a little girl, she was not tall with her flared red hair and was to wand walk alone not matter if her parents were to insisted to hold her hand or carry her, what was to made appear fierce bleu eyes in her face on each try on their part. "She's only three, but seem wand be already grow up." He mother said proudly in saw Phileas'amusement to watch them walk in the palace as he was stand outside for profit of the light air of the evening and the peace of being away of a crewed room.

A small moment later as Phileas was again to walk alone in the hall, a domestic smiled to him and give him a piece of paper in bow and go away. The celebration had begun and he was wait in the ballroom. Phileas puts the paper in his pocket a bit curious to know from who it was come. He goes back to the ballroom and take back his place as the coronation of the new queen was about began. Once the oath said and the crow puts on the head of the new Queen, the guests said they "God save the queen." Accompanied by applauding, next it had been the meal and after that the dance had take over for the remain of the evening with the queen talking a lot with the guests, and to dance first with a young man, he was not to know. In asking to a follows guest than Phileas was to know as the Lord Melbourne, who was the man dancing with the queen, a old man answered to Phileas, "That, my young friend, is one of the Queen's cousin." And Phileas stay quiet to look on the people present and to the dancers on the dance floor.

The Queen after have danced a bit goes again on chatting with the people present happy than the regency was not a necessity anymore and than she was to can talk as well than to dance with who she was to wand. Her first order had been to order to got her things bring to her own rooms, since her dominant mother had since always forced her to share a room with her. And Victoria come to a young man smiling to finally got to meet him again. "Mr Fogg, happy to finally can see you again." She said in made the emphasis on the 'can' world. Phileas get up as she had caught him by surprise and bows, "Your mmmmajesty." Victoria had heard that a lot of time in few hours, but his way to said that had bring on her face a friendly smile, "That tux, Mr Fogg, look a lot better on you than that college's uniform you was to wear few day ago. " Phileas smiles, "Tttthank you, your mmmmajesty" he had answered always in take so badly the best compliments coming from ladies. Amused the new queen, take his arm in her, "You would not deny to your queen a dance, Mr Fogg, would you?" she asked in know already the answer and in wand excuse to him for not have meet him as promise while he was at the castle since her mother had almost locked her in the room they was to share for be sure an other meeting between the two young people alone would happen again.

Phileas agreed to follow the young new Queen on the dance floor and on the few dances they shared in the evening, the both talked on low tone what helped the both of them to understand one the other and to help improve the fresh friendship between them, one to hold with the years.

 

A Royal Friendship 2

London, England, winter 1838

After had passed less than a year as student in history at Cambridge, Phileas had begun to take a bit of distance with his family. It was not than he was to be angry with his family, but since his father was so busy, Phileas was to pass the holiday at Shilingworth Magna with them and the others days he had free; he was to stay at the university with his follow students. But a day, he was to play card game with them since the half of the session was come and the examination session was over, the students had preferred take these few days for relax in waiting to fall back in the serious study, someone come for Phileas in said than a man was come for see him. Phileas finishes his hand, takes up the money, which was his gains and followed the guardian until his visitor.

Phileas looked on the man smiling in front of him as he greet him happy, "Phileas, son, I was in need to talk you, do you have a bit of time for me?" The elder man asked him in looking a bit younger than Phileas was to recall of him two months before. Phileas looked on his father with an eyebrow lift and a smile on his own face, "I could mmmanage to found that, fffather." He said and bring the man with him to his room, "I'm happy to sssee you, ffffather. What bbbbbring you to pppaid me a visit, if I cccan ask you?" Sir Boniface smiles in put his hand on his son' shoulder, "I need your opinion on something I wand do, son." Phileas looked curious on his father in unlock the door of his room and invite him to walk in first, next he followed and close the door behind him as his father had take a chair available, "Ssssomething as what, ffffather? I do nnnot ssee how I could help." Sir Boniface smiles, "It's something that have to with our family. I cannot take a decision on that alone since it will affect all of us and than you and Erasmus have also your word to said in that." Phileas sit in take the second chair available, "I lllisten you, fffather."

Sir Boniface looked on his son seriously now, "Phileas, I need than you know than my cousin Charles Henry Fogg and his wife, Mary Lydia of Saxe-Cobourg, both found the death in an train accident. I was to hope you would be at the funeral with Erasmus and I." Phileas looked on his father with a curious _expression since the words of his father and his behaviour was not to match together and the young man was to believe than his father had surely got a lack of fresh air in his brain to have passed so much time in his office of White Hall. "I will, fffather. Bbbbut I nnnot sssee there anything to bbbe so happy." Sir Boniface smiled again, "Their daughter was not with them, fortunately. But Charles had not relative closer than me. On the other hand Lidy's family do not seem too ready to handle of her. Phileas, orphan little girls finish at the care of the nuns, where they got really not many possibilities. Either they became nuns too, either they are given in wedding at sixteen years old or finish in the staff of rich noble men at theirs houses where they are not always well treated. I would not such live for a relative and I'm sure than you would not that neither."

Phileas had understand by now than his father was to think about adopt his cousin' daughter, but as he was widow and unmarried, it couldn't be possible, but she could be placed at his father' care as ward with the agreement of the family. Phileas nods in agreement, "Yes, I agree on ttthat, you ssshould ask for ssshe lllive with us." Sir Boniface smiles, "So, as you seem have free time, you could come with me, Erasmus already given his agreement and the funeral are tomorrow. The university and the London house are not so far; neither than the college is, why you not come back home." Sir Boniface said as he had already though than to have a little girl at home to watch and to raise would help him to keep his own family with tighten links as well that got the best occasion to paid back for mistakes of the past. Sir Boniface was happy to see his son get up and ready his travel bad.

A lot of people was come assist at the funeral and even the Queen since she was also relative with the unfortunate ones. Phileas had walked and talked with a lot of people but nowhere to be found was Charles and Lydia' daughter. Phileas was a bit worried by that, until he saw the Queen sit with people talking with them and a redheaded little girl crying in her arms in being sat on her laps. The picture of the 3 years old little girl with flared red hair and her fierce bleu eyes come back in his mind. Now he would always recall the tears running down her sad bleu eyes. The queen was to use comforting word to the little girl in said her than she would be better as Sir Boniface Fogg' ward than to be with her at the castle. Than she would not have as much attention to give to a little girl than the Fogg could. She would be really well with the Fogg. But even if Sir Boniface and Erasmus was close behind the little girl had not agreed to only lift her gaze on them. So the Queen in saw Phileas stand in front of her smiles in said her, "Look, Rebecca, it's your cousin Phileas, he's the son of your father' cousin, he's one of the people who will take good care of you."

Agreeing the words of the queen Phileas nods than yes, he would and made few steps forward, "Hello, rrrrebbbecca." Curious on his way to say her name Rebecca wiped her eyes with the sleeve of her light blue dress, "My name is Rebecca, not rrrrebbbecca." She said in repeat after him in the same way than he had pronounced in use an angry tone and a frowning on him. Phileas lower himself for be a bit more at her high, "I know rrrrebbbecca, bbbbut it's hard fffor me to say." Rebecca looked on him with a curious gaze now on the young man wearing a black suit, "Why?" Phileas smiles to her and said, "Bbbbecause. I'm sssshy, you will nnneed to help mme with." While his word amused more the adults who were to follow the scene than the little girl herself. "For me you not seem shy at all. You only need to work more on you voice." She said in made her own prognosis on Phileas' problem with the words and in take advantage of that she adds, "I believe than while you read bed time stories for me, we could work that out." The child' impudence made smiles the adults and got from the young man a giggles. "It's a dddeal." He said in present his hand to her. She looked on her godmother, Victoria, in send to the young woman a gaze meaning, "Shall I go with him?" The queen kisses her cheek in whisper something with the little girl' ear before hold her tight and kiss her cheek again. Rebecca made same to her godmother and turn for take Phileas' hand in hers and follows him. The queen get up and talked with Sir Boniface a moment, next she shared few words with Erasmus as Phileas was to discuss with Rebecca while her nurse come close in carry the little girl' bag of things.

Rebecca never lets go Phileas' hand and she was to hold that when the Queen come to Phileas with a smiles. "I trust you to watch on Rebecca better than you did for your brother, Mr Fogg. I believe we will meet as often than possible now." Phileas bow, as Rebecca was ready to hold his hand as long he would hold that or as long she would stay to hold that, "I will your mmmmajesty. I will also bbbe happy to sssee you again." He said and invited Rebecca to come with him to meet his father and brother. After the introduction which turned in a real amusement for Rebecca to meet Erasmus the clown, who quickly receive a frowning from his father and brother to recall him they had just assist to funeral, he come back to his best serious behaviour what was more an half serious-half amused one, they go all the five to the carriage for the London house of the Fogg family.

 

London, England, autumn 1839

There was almost a year than the little Rebecca was to live with the Fogg. She had made her place and was already at home each place Sir Boniface agreed to bring her. The members of the staff of Shilingworth Magna were only too happy to be at the feet of all the asking of the little redheaded girl. At her contact, Erasmus had found back his young self as he was became Rebecca's official playmate. The both of them were really funny or rather discouraging to watch dependant of the viewpoint. Sir Boniface for his part was happy of the result of his decision, he was to work less and to respect his wife last will, his both sons had agreed to come back home at London and were to made the go and come back each day from theirs respective schools, what was to permit at Rebecca to see them a bit each day as well than all the weekends.

That same autumn as the both young men was in vacation for a full week, Sir Boniface had decide to bring the family at Shilingworth Magna, what had been agreed with happiness by the two younger children. As soon they had put a foot on the land, Erasmus has brought Rebecca to his favourite place to play, the orchard. As Phileas was busy to follow his father to the study, McIver, the major-domo, had brought to the lord of the manor an official wire. After had look on that, Sir Boniface lifted his gaze to his son, "There, an official visit of her majesty tomorrow. She need my advice about some matter of state as well than look how Rebecca doing with us." Phileas smiles, "Her majesty should be pleased to see that she doing really well, at least she seems to be." He said as he had succeeded to fight his stammering or to keep that low when he was not to get nervous. Sir Boniface sighs in looking on the remainder of his mail put on his desktop to his attention, "Yes, I think too, but if Rebecca seems to give any bad impression to her majesty on the way we handle of her, I fear that her majesty would take her out of my care." On the words on his father, Phileas lower his gaze in a silent pray for it not happen. Rebecca was the best thing being happened to his family since five years now, if not more since as long than Phileas was able to recall.

Five year before, Phileas had been only eleven years old, but he was to recall and it was to answer to a lot of the questions he was to have now. He was to recall his mother, pregnant of few months with her third children. His father had been absent a lot more often on that year with a lot of business travel for the country. It was not astonish now than the new of his soon to be fatherhood had blow him almost out of his boots. And the day after the new, rather than enjoy that with his family, he had got some other business to go on, so he had been absent another week after that. Phileas had even been awaked in the middle of a night by the violent argument of his parents the night his father was come back. Phileas had walked out of his room to the dark hall until the badly closed door of the bedroom they was to share less frequently since the year before. What Phileas had see had been long-time forget but was to come back in though about.

His mother crying in being sit on the floor with her arms around herself in her torn nightdress what was to covered her only an half, his father pulling up his trousers in yell on her, "You should be happy now, you complain I pass not enough time with my family! Than I give not you enough attention when I give too much to other women! And stop to cry! You're certainly not more pregnant than I am!" As his mother looked to the door in show by her gaze the knowledge of someone' presence behind the door. Her husband having saw too putted back the low part of his shirt in his trouser and come to the door in pull up his suspenders. He draw the door open and gripped his son firmly ready to strike the young voyeur in the face with his fist when his wife yelled as aloud than she could in her state, "Boniface, don't! He's your son! Lets him alone!" "So, it's you I should spanking for have so badly raised him!" The drunk angry man had yelled in hold tight his grip on the young frightened boy' arm. Phileas had not succeeded to move, not matter if his mind had yelled to him to defend his mother and himself, his legs and arms had not moved at the commend as if the link between will and muscles was broken as his father had throw him at his mother side as a rag doll.

After that, his father had leaved again the house. He passed several weeks at London, for work, as Lady Elisabeth had been settled in her own room for weeks. She was go though a miscarriage and all the complications relayed by that: infection, sickness, lost of blood, weakness, and depression. She almost passed out. Her, who had always done a joy of the life in being always smiling and in amuse herself of all the good small thing of the live, well mainly when her husband was away of the house, had been trapped in an arranged wedding by their parents with the purpose of a good alliance for the prosperity of the village, fourteen year before. Phileas and Erasmus had passed these weeks to hold her company when she was not to sleep and she had got the strong to talk about her live and her husband' one. First, the things had not been easy since the both new wed was almost not able to smell one the other. And it had taken three years before they began a family. The newborn son had brought a bit of joy in the couple and things had lower again when they discover than the boy had a trouble of the language. Sir Boniface, afraid than his son could never go on what he had planned for him, accused his wife to have not made for help the boy to learn to talk rightly. Fortunately, the second son had been conceived while the couple was in good relation, and once again the presence of the newborn boy had succeeds to bring again the happiness in the Fogg' house. And the things come back bad when the younger son began to show than he was just as his mother, her picture and character.

Lady Elisabeth had been sad in tell the entire story to her sons, but she was in need to teach them the story of their family in explain to them the situation and try to avoid to see her sons haste their father. So, it was the reason why she didn't mentioned than her biggest sadness was than her husband had never really loved her but an other woman, than he had never stopped to see her. So, she had agreed that fact hardly but as long the woman didn't to come spit her venom on her or her sons, she was happy of the fresh air her husband' absence was to permit in the house. Lady Elisabeth had recover with the time in stay weak. And when everyone had though she would be out of that, she receives a visitor. A woman was come at the country estate, a childhood friend of Sir Boniface. After her visit, Lady Elisabeth had asked to be leaved alone in said she was to feel tired. So when a maid decided to bring to the lady her tea, she found her death of sadness and weakness in her bed, in lets her last wills wrote on a letter addressed to her husband.

As Phileas was lost in his mind in walk out of his father' study, Erasmus had got all the time need for teach at Rebecca how climb in a tree. The both of them had walked back to the house when they had enough play for Erasmus liking. As his father had called Erasmus to his study, Rebecca profited than his watching was away for go back to the orchard. She was to wand take an apple and as it she would see if she was able to climb in the tree alone without help. So Rebecca climbed at the first branch without trouble and tried the second upper, but her hand slid and in try to avoid a falling she shook the tree. It was soon in season and the fruits were all almost ready to be collected. Rebecca succeeded to stay hang at the branch but the shaking of the three made the apples fall on the ground. Rebecca looked on the mess lower under her feet once she sits back on the branch. Worry for what would said her guardian, she climb down the tree and in use the skirt of her dress as a basket, she take in all the apples she was able to carry. But there were a lot of them on the ground and she succeeds to collect only few.

Erasmus meeting with his father had not been a long one and looking around for found Rebecca, he only found his brother reading in the parlour. As the both looked together for found the little girl, they walked for the orchard and next saw the little girl working hard to manage the transportation of the unhappy apples, which was to slide out of the folded dress on her steps. Erasmus happy to though about a couple of apples pie knelt on the ground and helped Rebecca with her load. But for his share, Phileas in practice mind was looked the scene with a larger viewpoint and saw the tree with at its foot the apples having furnished its branches sooner. "What the hell happened to that tree?" he said in curse for once without stammered. Rebecca looked on him worry to be seriously lectured not only once by Sir Boniface but also by Phileas, "I climbed in." she said hesitant on a low tone. Phileas looked on his brother who said worry too, "I learned her how do. And it seem she went on alone next." Phileas angry sighs loudly in look furious on his brother in said, "Actually, I'm not sure to know who of the both of you got more of mental age! Seriously Raz, you would not made more stupidities if your brain was in your boots and you was to crush it on each step you do!" What he said made Rebecca laugh and let's fall all the apples she had keep in the folding of her dress. Phileas looked on the mess again and on the two others in sigh and in seem really worry than it would be the realisation of his fear. "We will take back these apples in a neat pile and I will talk to the owner tomorrow." He said and began the work as Erasmus and Rebecca did too in follow him without know they was watched at distance by the orchard' owner who had heard them while he was to check on the fruits for be sure of the best time to collect them.

But before got the luck to walk out in the morning, Phileas, Erasmus and Rebecca were all called for Sir Boniface' study. Phileas swallow his saliva, take a deep breath and walked in first followed by Erasmus and Rebecca. As Sir Boniface mentioned had receive the visit of the orchard' owner and had been informed about a full apple tree production ruined since no market was interested to buy apples fallen on the ground and juice' production was not to bring as much money than the apples' sold someone would be in need to paid the owner for his lost. Sir Boniface asked at the three young people what was happen and who was responsive, Phileas was the first to talk in hope he could avoid to Rebecca a punishment and next to be bring away by the queen while her visit, "It's me, father. I shook the tree in climb in, I did not think it would empty it of his fruits." Sir Boniface sends to him a cold and angry gaze. "Well, my son, I believe it the time for you to learn than a dept need to be paid by the one contracting that by his acts. The fruits collecting need hands for be done! You will pay back the lost you made the owner undergo in work to the collect and that until it done with. It means you will began tomorrow."

 

A Royal Friendship 3

 

London, England, autumn 1839

As commanded the day before, Phileas passed the day to work in the orchards with the others land hands to collect the apples. He was not used to such work, but he was not to give that impression in made his part without complain and in do not act as the spoiled son of the lord of the manor. Phileas made his day of work and walked back to the manor. Happy than the Queen had being delayed. Phileas was tired of his day of work and as he was need to go back on the following morning, he eaten his dinner, got a maid to draw him a bath, used that and go sleep without more activities for his soon evening. Erasmus and Rebecca was to feel sorry for him since he had take the blame for them and was really not to know what do for that so they come to the agreement to be nice for Phileas and to bring to him his breakfast right from the kitchen as the cook was also to feel sorry for her master's son since she had catches between the branches the chatting between the both young people so she had at the basket some treat for the young man.

The young man had being on his third day of work when the Queen arrived at Shilingworth magna unofficially without any risk for her live in being accompanied the best way by two guards, in being not identified as the Queen but only as the young woman she was in visit to relative in the country estate. She gets to be settled at Shilingworth magna for few days. She talked with Sir Boniface a long moment before saw Rebecca run to meet her. The both of them passed also a moment together in walk on the yard as Sir Boniface had informed her of the absence of his elder son for some work to be done without mention the real reason. And Erasmus had for his part preferred refer to the work his brother was on as a hand he was to give to their father friend and himself had not helped for can busy Rebecca and watch her. So when the Queen asked to the boy for some refreshment the boy run for the kitchen and as Rebecca had show a large wish to talk in private with her godmother, she was served. The little girl sad for her cousin and in hope the Queen would help said all, all about the tree and what was really happening there. And that in mention it had worry Phileas so he had took the blame for the incident. The Queen smiles and asked to the little girl what she could do for got to see Phileas before his come back home to that Rebecca mentioned the basket to bring him for his breakfast.

As the Queen had heard about the incident and the punishment, she had asked to be the one to bring the basket to Phileas, as it would permit her to see him. And next walked with Rebecca for the orchard. Rebecca leaved her godmother watch Phileas working in the tree in stand on the up of the scale with the basket to collect the apples. As he was busy the Queen walked until him for call his name. As Phileas didn't look on her at the first call the Queen called him again and on the realization of whom was the person calling him he turned and looked on her, "You majesty!" She smiled to him and looked on him, as he was to come down the scale. "Mr. Fogg, I heard you was to work here and someone, a friend of the both of us, said me you would appease some company with your breakfast." Phileas wiped his forehead and follow the Queen a bit away of the others workers but no bench to be found. So the Queen take the initiative to invites him to sit down with her on the lawn, "Sit with me, Mr. Fogg, I'm curious to heard more about how you doing."

Phileas had hidden than he was with a sore body since his two days of work at the orchard. So he was reluctant to sit down on the ground, "I would prefer stand up, your majesty." but before he had finish his sentence the Queen insisted in show him a place to sit and this time he said her the real reason of his denial, "I fear than if I sit I will not be able to get up next." To erase his fear, the Queen smiled to him "If you need help, your Queen will help you with pleasure, Mr. Fogg." Phileas looked on her with a septic gaze, "See Victoria first, Queen of England help me to get up, I would be amused to see that." She looked on him a but frustrate by his miss of trust in her, "Sit down, and you will, man of not much faith! I believe Mr. Fogg, you need to learn to trust other people word in beginning by your Queen' one." Phileas smiles to her in sit down with a bit of pain under her friendly amused gaze to see him done with less ease than her with the hoop skirt, "There let's see that then."

Once he was sit he looked on the basket, "Happy to see you your majesty." She looked on the same direction than him and said, "You seem on the other hand more happy to see the basket than me." He looked on her, "Sorry, I'm famished. That work works on me. It a vicious circle." He said and she was able to see he was more than certainly tired, thirsted as well than famished and she gave the basked containing his meal to him. As he was to dig in and to settled for eat, the Queen looked on him with a curious _expression, "Why are you on that chore?" Phileas take a bite of his sandwich and looked on her with a front to hide the true in swallow, "Because I like work in the orchard." The Queen sighs and shakes her head, "Why did you took the blame for something someone else did?" Phileas looked on her with a half angry - half curious, "Rebecca did tell you that, didn't she?" She nodded with a move of head in confirmation on his asking, "She loves you just as she loves me. She's worry for you and not understands. Just as your brother. So why? It's not a hand you give them. You're not to help them to improve their behavior in take punishment for them, you know." Phileas looked on her a bit worry, "I know. But I feel than I was in need to do. I was to fear you would take her away. If something as it was happen." He said hesitant and sadly as the fear was stay present in his mind. The Queen smiled in hears that, "No, no, and no. Never I would take her away. She seems happy with you all. And it a lot better for her than what I could give her. She got a family here; I could only give her a nurse. I'm not married yet and I not have children. And even if I was soon, she would never follow me in lets you all behind." Phileas had heard the word 'soon' and was not sure of her meaning by but it was a bit to worry him.

The Queen looked on him as he seem preoccupied by something, "So other than work here as chore, how are you doing in study?" Phileas got the water bottle put in the basket for him and take few sips before answer, "It doing rather well, I should finish the university next spring." The queen was happy to heard that and said, "Well, it a good new, what do you plan do next?" Phileas finish the last bite of sandwich before answer, "I plan engage myself in the army for four years. My father enough insisted than with a diploma from the university, I would got an officer' grade in sing the form." The Queen looked on him smiling, "At last, you would not leave before next summer, I would be happy of that." On her sentence Phileas looked on her curious, "Why, in leave before what I would miss?" The Queen smiles to him again in show happiness in seem dreaming as what she said made Phileas feel a bit nervous, "Mr. Fogg! It's with emotion than I made the knowledge of the Prince Albert of Saxe-Cobourg Gotha, my cousin. He's so good looking. so handsome blue eyes, an exquisite nose and a so pretty mouth overcomes of tricky mustaches, a handsome thin and tall man with broad shoulders. We will celebrate our wedding the February 10th."

On that Phileas' hart skipped a beat. He takes the water bottle and sip once again. "There one who does not seem to need a full week for said his name. Well, it seem your arranged wedding will finally happen." The Queen looked happy, "Yes, and now I know what I feel for him, I look forward with happiness." Phileas sighs in made a sound of sarcasm, "You feel that way for him, but in an arranged wedding it would mean, by example in your case, to be wed with a man who will, each day than god will bring, try to convince himself than he does loves you because it 's decided that way and it's better for the England. While somewhere else on the earth, an other man will, each day than god will bring, try to convince himself than he doesn't loves you because it's decided that way and it's better for the England." As he was to put a shadow over her happiness, the Queen hit her too, "Well, Mr Fogg, I saw you lost with you stammering over a bit of your usual charm. And I hope you was not to refer to yourself in mention that second man." Phileas sakes his head in got his best front, "No, I didn't. But your majesty, I hope for your sake than the first one will convict himself faster than the second one." He said as an idea was to build itself in his mind and added, "As for your wedding, I fear than I risk to not be there."

The Queen anchored in her happiness and without see the real meaning of his words said him friendly, "Now, I know you have prejudice against arranged wedding, but surely it will not deny me to see you present to the ceremony and the reception. You're a so good dancer I would miss a dance or two with you. And certainly you would not made that offence at your Queen, Mr Fogg." Phileas take her believing for help to hold his front, "I will try, even if an arranged wedding was the cause of a lot of sadness in my own family." The Queen smiles to him, "So it's an agreement. Now, I suppose you need help for get up and go back work?" Phileas smiles, "Out of contrariety, I can manage alone or my pride would be rumpled in front of so much people around." The Queen giggles and lets him get up alone even if she was ready for help him if he had agreed her hand.

Phileas finished the work in the orchard with the others worked before the next Monday, so he didn't miss his courses. But before the session was finish, several of his follow students was to said their wish to not come back at university for the winter session after the holidays in January. The England was implicate in several armed conflicts and was in need of young soldiers what was to bring Phileas to though only more about the idea build in his mind since his last meeting with the Queen. So after have talked with his friend, he was to wait to talk to his father and he was sure he was ready to wait after the holydays for done.

 

London, England, winter 1840

After had finish his examination of the end of the session, Phileas had take the train until Shilingworth Magna where he was already waited by his father, Erasmus and Rebecca. He celebrate with them as if it had been his last one with them before a long moment, in enjoy all, even the snow balls war with his brother and cousin. So between, January 2nd and January 5th, Phileas knocked at his father study's door, when the young man walked in Sir Boniface looked on his son, "Father, I do not wand return at Cambridge next week. I wand sign for engage myself in the army. The England is in several armed conflicts and need hands for that." Sir Boniface unpleased for his son decision looked on him, "Are you insane, son? Again four months and you got your diploma! Yes, there are several armed conflicts, but even if you wait to have finish your study, there will stay a lot of them to go on, as well than a lot to come after them, you got time, don't worry for that, I'm well placed for know!" Phileas looked on his father as angry than the elder man was, "And got as well to be called a coward for lets my friends go along in stay a step behind them! No way! Even if I got than diploma, we know both than I was not destined to use that for became a teacher in a school somewhere but only as knowledge to use in the field, so four month or not, it will not change a thing about that fact!"

Sir Boniface angry put his hands on his desk, "You wand than these two years and half had served to nothing except being a big expense of money for had got you to made study for not even got a proof and a pride to hang to your wall! I will not give you that permission! Never! Finish your study next go on the planning and sign for your four years in her majesty's army in being graded in come in because your diploma!" Phileas sighs and looked on his father with the arrogance of his age, "I'm eighteen now, I do not need your permission any more! As for the grade, I can merit that by my work in the rows and not because my father' money given to Cambridge's university or because his own position in the government! And no, I would not be pride to be named lieutenant or captain for these reasons! And as you know, the officers were the first' ones shot in ambush! I would prefer to be killed in defend my superiors than to be shot in the back because the gold stripes on my uniform!" Sir Boniface stay angry on Phileas' decision to sign four months too soon on his own planning for his son, but he was to know about what his son was to refer as well than the armed conflicts where the England had send troops: the West African Blockade since 1827, the Bashir II's Secession since 1832, the First Carlist War since 1833, the Aroostook War since 1838, the Second Egyptian War since 1838, and the two new one the Anglo-Afghan War and the First Opium War. The England was effectively in need of soldiers but there was stay a card in his sleeve to try to convince him to finish his study or at less something for he got his diploma.

"Sign now, my son, but you will not leave the England before four month anyway. You will need to be training in a casern with all the other new engaged. You're already to can manage a horse in being a good rider, you can already hold and use efficiently a sword or a gun because the way you was raised, but you again need to manage the army' weapons and that in the action and under the fire of the enemy. You will got at last two month of free time, with what you already know, and as it you could got that free time at good use in made at last an half of the session, and as you would be one of the first one of your promotion and probably got a mention, as well you lost the mention in not made the last examination, but got not less your diploma in low your average. As it you would not be considered as a coward by your friends neither than a deserter by me!" Phileas sighs deeply and loudly, as he was to evaluate that. "I will manage for that, father, I will." He said resigned and walked out of the study after a compromise with his father. At last, Phileas estimate to be lucky if his father didn't use his influence for help or simply block him even while he would be in the service.

The following week, Phileas go back to the university where he got an appointment with the main head. After a long meeting with the man, Phileas got the advice he was in need of about the way he needs to finish his study; next he got some other appointment with an upper officer. After had got again few advises and as his father had already meet the man, Phileas signed the form, got an uniform and visited the casern where he was greeted by few of his friends. Phileas sighs in silence and he was to think than the greeting of the new would be less warm from Erasmus and totally cold from Rebecca. Phileas talked with his friends a moment before next carry his kit until home.

In February, Phileas had done a half of his last session at the university and he was to pass his time at the casern for complete his training for the army. Phileas was permit to pass the weekend at home, it was enough good for the Fogg family, since Rebecca had so badly took the new of Phileas' need to leave the house and next the England. Not matter how many time or who had said her than Phileas would come back after his service done, the little girl was stay inconsolable. She was too well to recall her parents said the trip would be a short one and they would come back, and they had did, only too late. It had marked her deeply and Phileas had been her preferred since she had meet her new family, and that Sir Boniface had know since the same moment, so it had been easy to figure out than that new would torn the redheaded little girl. The thing improved when Phileas give a book to Rebecca recalling her of her first asking to him, "There, keeps that preciously. I know that you're again little now and you will be a bit grow up when I will be back, but if you wand, I will read that to you then." Rebecca looked on the book, 'The Fencing Master', a novel wrote by Alexander Dumas. Happy and intrigued by the book contain, she agreed to keep the book close and where she would saw that and keep any one to touch that with a certain jealousy.

Phileas had promise to assist at the Queen wedding, the ceremony as well than the reception, and he had secretly wand be away on that moment, but even is plan to engage himself sooner had not given the wanted result. Dressed in his uniform, he had followed his father and brother as well than hold Rebecca by the hand since she was to think of herself as his escort. After the wedding, Victoria and Albert had opened the dance. And Victoria had introduced the price to who was not to know him yet. After a bit of discussion, Rebecca had on her own accord asked to her godfather in law a dance, leaving as it Phileas and the Queen to one. The little girl initiative had minded a bit Phileas, and amused the Queen and her new husband. As Albert and Rebecca was to dance or to try, the queen got all the time she need for take a look on Phileas. Amaze by the look, she offered her arm to him, "Well, Mr Fogg, you're certainly more than handsome in that uniform, and I not said that because I got a weak for that one." On that Phileas looked on her in saw her real love name wrote on her face as they danced not to far of the other couples, "So, your majesty, I take you prefer princely uniform to a simply soldier' one, easy to understand such choice, really."

The Queen smiles to that, in being happy he was not to wand cut her happiness as he had talked with a real friendly smile on his face. And he added a bit sarcastically, "Well, your majesty, profited of the sight as it pass by, I risk to come back from the battlefield less handsome with an arm or a leg or even one of each in less in come back." The queen, knowing him, shakes her head in a no sign, "My dear friend, I trust you to come back from there in only a piece and with your charm totally unharmed, or I can promise you all the honours made by the crown at the veterans hurtled in made theirs duty for their country." On her word, Phileas was to know better she would do all of that and he said, "It will not be a necessity, your majesty." He said as the idea was not to trill him, "I will manage for stay all in a piece as you asked." Phileas bows, as the dance was finish and greet Rebecca back. As he was to walk a bit away with the little girl again charmed by her new godfather in law, the Queen takes few minutes to inform at Sir Boniface where would be send Phileas' garrison. At his word, her heart missed a beat what was not missed by her new husband who had knowledge than his new wife was affected by the young man' assignation for the Afghanistan in the next weeks.

 

A Royal Friendship 4

London, England, winter 1842

Sir Boniface was to handle several pile of wires send by several agents settled a bit everywhere in hot spots and the war' mail was other piles send to the secretary of the state in matter of defense, a military in post for manage the troops as pieces on a chess board. Of course, he was not alone to take such decision and that task had been given to a group than Sir Boniface was called to sit with. The head of the British secret service had lost a bit of his self-possession in February when news come in that groups conference room, than on January 6th, the precipitate retreat by some 4,500 British and Indian troops with 12,000 camp followers had begin and, as they struggled through the snowbound passes, the British were attacked by Ghilzai warriors. Although a Dr. W. Brydon was cited as the only survivor of the march to Jalalabad. The new had taken several weeks to reach London and it was only to worry more Sir Boniface. His son would not be death, no; it couldn't be possible for the father. The man had got pain to go next on his task and duty, but he was in need to go on and could only pray for his son well being. As the new found the Queen, she was affected too, but after a second of silence, she goes back on her duty in stay worry but in hide better her feeling than the young man' father.

 

London, England, spring 1842

Several weeks after the news of the January, in May, a war' mail come to White Hall, it was to mention than in fact in April 1842 few more British soldiers had survived as prisoners and hostages after the march to Jalalabad. Shuja had remained in power only a few months and had been assassinated. Released by that new, Sir Boniface was to share with the Queen the hope to see Phileas come back home. But, no news about him reached London before weeks. And finally, with a long delay the new reached White Hall by June, the young lieutenant Phileas Fogg had been found. He had being hold prisoner with several others, and once out of the prisoners' camps and had being take care for minor health problem bring by bad treatments, famine and by the fact he was dehydrated. Once back on his foot, the young man had denied to be reported at London, act saw as courageous one by some and as a foolish one by others, in being send on an new assignation with a promotion, captain in a troop in its way for the Uruguay since the French army there was in need of a supplement of troops. The travel was a long one, but with the dominions of the England, which was the India, few ships had been ready quickly to the travel.

 

London, England, spring 1844

The two following years was to be just as bad for Phileas' friends and family whom was so worry for him and in sprint 1844, Phileas was waited at London with feverishness since his four years in the service was over in theory. But the last news from Uruguay was not the best one. The intervention first of France there and then of Britain and France together had transformed the conflict into an international war. The new had been badly take by few people of Phileas' entourage but the young man could not leaved the country and that even if he had wand that. And even Sir Boniface was constraint to an only a thing to do for help his son, pray for a fast end to the conflict and the come back of his son alive.

 

London, England, winter 1846

The new of the Uruguay was delayed as always when the holydays of that year happen. It was with the hart full of sadness and of worry than Sir Boniface brought his younger son and ward for the fifth time to Shilingworth Magna for the holydays. Since so long the family Fogg' country estate was to miss of live with the Lord of the manor' elder son absent. Even the staff was under the worry for the one they had seen grow up and saw a bit as one of their own child. It was totally no hoped when a wire from New York arrived at Shilingworth Magna for the first January 1846, a wire from the missing son on his way back. "Happy new year to you all stop sorry for the Christmas vows stop I could not found telegraph' office on the sea stop I will be on the ship for Liverpool when you will receive that stop Captain Phileas Fogg, tired but totally unharmed." The missive was short but was all what was need for bring back in the old manor happiness and joy.

The travel back had not being really better than all what was happen since his departure, travel by sea in winter was not a pleasure party and in sleep in hammock in the ship' hold with the others soldiers send back in England, with several injured take care before send on the way back as, on an other ship, had be shipped the dead ones. Phileas had been sick with the pitching of the ship and the miss of fresh air as well than the nasty food served to them. Even if they had been washed and inspected at New York, the commandant had denied to the soldiers to go walk on the deck. It was a liner with several rich passengers on board and he was preferred than the soldiers and the first class travelers not meet. Phileas had considerate that as worse than the prisoners' camps he had passed three month in, but he was happy to know than the travel would be at less ten or eleven day with the bad weather. And on board the train, the thing had been better and it had been the last few hours of travel before being at home.

Phileas had, less that two weeks after had send the wire, walked on the ground of the London' train station as he had done almost six years before in carry his bag over his shoulder. Until be stop by voices calling him. A young man coming to him and he was accompanied by a lovely young lady. "Phileas? God, yes, it's well you!" Erasmus said happy and hug his brother, as Phileas recalled the fifteen years old boy he had leaved behind and who was become a twenty-one years old man. "I'm happy to see you again, Erasmus." He said in lets fall on the ground the bag for hug his brother and release him for saw the pretty redheaded young woman with tears running down her deep bleu eyes as the joy was come to look in these green eyes.

Phileas open his arms to her, "Rebecca! Good lord! I figured you would have grow up a bit in my absence but you're more a young lady than a little girl now!" he said happy to see her as well than astonish by the effect of the time on them, even Erasmus had win in tall. Rebecca comes to hug him smiling and happy in kidding on him too, "Well, I'm only twelve, Phileas and you changed too, cousin. And what's that?" she said amused to see and touch the grow beard he was to wear on his face. Phileas giggle, "Well, not easy to shave under the fire. And without hot water one can forget that, the water was too limited to though about waste. But do not worry, I passed four time at the inspection of the authorities with a thin combs for be sure I was without lice or other parasites with a bath forced on each one of these inspection. So I will be more than happy to do that again, alone and on myself." He said in show a certain frustration on the recall of the events. Rebecca giggles to his words as Erasmus was amused too and had got the bag to carry that for his brother until the carriage.

On the way back, Phileas was to feel sad than his father had got better to do than come at the train station to his son' come back after a so long absence, but his father had been always as that, except for that day, he had take him at the school well he had done only for save time on his busy schedule since they was in need to by at the castle in the best delay. But once in the London house, he had been happy to see the cook readying for him a good meal. That only could make up for a lot since he had not saw and taste so good food since six years. After the meal, the traveler had in mind to go sleep in his bed what he had so often dreamed about since his departure, but the staff forced him to take a bath and to pass their inspection as well than made again a human being with him. So his father' valet insisted for shave the young man' dark thick beard in said that he was not in a jungle anymore. Phileas had denied with insistence but the domestic was already at the work with scissor to cut longer hairs off. When he was to work on the side of Phileas' chin, he stopped the other man' work, "Right, cut and shave but lets a bit of that." The domestic looked on him with a bright smiles in brought closer the mirror as he had understood than the young man was to made a pride of his hairy face and said him he could manage that the way he was to wand keep that in show him what was possible to do with what was available.

So after a haircut, a bath, a shaving and being dressed in a comfortable and fresh nightshirt, he goes sleep several hours for take rest. The garment had always been a bit large for him, and he was happy of that, since his clothes was now to seem a bit small for him to wear them. So the domestics, knowing the same fact too, had while his long night of sleep manage to clean his uniforms and all other clothes being found in his bag. In wake up, Phileas had found a tray sit on the nightstand for him and Rebecca was sit on a chair at his side to watch on him. "Hello. I hope your hungry, the cook go generously with the plate." She said, as she was to keep on her lap a book. Phileas looked on her, "Hi, Rebecca. I could have sleep more you know if you was not come in." he said a bit grumpy to have been awaked as he was to enjoy his so good bed after it have missed him so much, but in agreed the tray for eat the breakfast in her company. Rebecca smiles and looked on him amused, "You succeeded to keep a bit of your beard last night." Phileas rubbed his face with his hand and follow the line where it had been, "Yes, we come on an agreement on side burns, that is if the valet does n