Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of The Angel Song Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
405
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
2,156

The Angel's Song

Summary:

Logan hears a song late at night

Work Text:

The Angel's Song
by BJ
Logan was drawn from sleep by music so soft only his sensitive ears could hear it. It was hauntingly beautiful, full of longing and need and soul deep pain. He shifted onto his back as the music was joined by a voice that was smoky and sad and full of the same longing and need and pain. With that the music became a song.

As he lay in his bed listening, eyes still closed, Logan realized that there was a golden thread of hope mixed into the sweet sad voice. It was battered and fragile but it was there just the same. He smiled softly; it was a voice he knew well, it was the voice of a fallen Angel.

The song wrapped him up and drew him in. He left his room following the thread of hope in the voice; ending up in the bowels of the mansion in a dark musty corner forgotten over time.

As the last note of the song disappeared into the air a quiet voice said, "Sorry I woke y'."

"What are you doing down here, darlin' ?" came the equally soft reply as Logan slowly made his way past the discarded and forgotten things in the small room. The light from the single dirty light bulb shown down on the young man seated at the piano creating a golden halo in his soft auburn hair. When Logan reached the dusty piano he slowly bent and wrapped his arms around the younger man.

"Sometimes at night when I can' sleep I come down here. Sometimes... it feels like th' only place I belong." Remy said quietly as he stared down at the piano keys.

When he looked up there was such a lost look in his eyes, it made Logan's heart ache. He pulled the younger man closer to his chest, buried his nose in the soft hair and breathed in the scent he'd come to need like a drug. He kissed the soft hair then gently turned the boy's head until their eyes met and whispered, "You don't belong here anymore."

He took Remy's hand as he stood, wrapped an arm around his waist, and led him from the cold, dark room.

Logan never heard the song again, and the fallen Angel with the devil's eyes finally found the safe home he'd been searching for in the circle of his lover's strong arms.


End.

Series this work belongs to: