Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
262
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,329

Cold

Summary:

Fandom: BJ Jones' Sylum universe, specifically Hawaii/NCIS
Genre: Slash
Pairing: Drift(Sean Harrison)/Tim McGee
Archive: Sylum homepage (if it's wanted), Beyond Canon
Synopsis: Tim reflects on the weather while traveling to see his mate for a few days.
AN: Yeah, I know it's short.
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Work Text:

Cold
by Josette Grover

"Cold, cold, cold, cold, cold." Tim grumbles under his breath as he zips his jacket up to his chin, grabbing his small bag from the grinning cab driver.

"Enjoy your vacation, anywhere's better than here."

"Especially if it's with someone you love." Tim whispers under his breath, heading inside the terminal. The line is bypassed by flashing his credentials, and he's soon sitting at a gate waiting for the boarding announcement.

"Cold, cold, cold, cold, cold." He grumbles again once he's sitting in the window seat, looking out at the falling snow, wincing as a crying baby is carried down the aisle past him. The flight seems to take forever, but finally he arrives in Hawaii, shedding the now unnecessary heavy coat and gloves, shoving them into his suitcase, he hurries towards the door and the first taxicab he sees. Giving the cabby the address, he settles into the back seat, ignoring the scenery.

"Cold, cold, cold, cold, cold." He mumbles, waiting outside the door of Drift's apartment. Turning around to knock once again, he's pulled into two strong, familiar arms as a pair of lips cover his, silencing the mantra he hadn't even known he'd been reciting for the last few hours.

Hours later, Tim opens his eyes, turning in the bed to see his mate sleeping peacefully beside him. He closes his eyes again, this time though a new mantra is heard from his lips.

"Warm, warm, warm, warm, warm."

the end