Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
683
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
6
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,498

Safe

Summary:

Fandom: NCIS
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo/Abby
Rating: FRT
Disclaimers: Not mine, belong to others. No infringement, no money.
Warnings: SPOILERS for Frame Up and m/m/f
Notes: Inspired by the ep Frame up. I love Abby. :)
Summary: He still has to keep them safe.
Submitted through the Navy NCIS slash mailing list.

Work Text:

Safe
by Stacy L.A. Stronach

It's been three hours since the team cleared Tony's name. It's been two and half hours since the team discovered Abby in her lab, dishevelled from having just taken Chip down. It's been about forty minutes since he arrived home. He and Ziva had removed Chip from the lab, while Tony and Tim stayed to help Abby set her lab to rights. Ziva and Jethro had gone down, once they'd turned Chip over to the FBI, and helped finish up.

Jethro sighs as he sets the mallet down. He had to come and work on the boat for a little while, he needed the exercise to clear his mind, to let him sleep tonight. Granted, he'll be sleeping better just having Tony out of custody and knowing that the bastard who'd tried to frame him and then tried to hurt Abby was now in custody. Chip would pay for what he did and, if Leroy Jethro Gibbs had anything to say about it, he'd pay dearly.

Walking upstairs to his bedroom, Jethro turns out all the lights but still, even with all that's happened, he refuses to lock his door. Let some asshole try and break into his place tonight and see what it gets him. By the time he gets up to his bedroom, Jethro is feeling weary, the lack of sleep over the last couple of days catching up with him. He's definitely looking forward to climbing into his nice, comfortable bed tonight.

He goes to the bathroom, taking a piss before washing his face and brushing his teeth. The team has the day off tomorrow, per Jen's orders. Jethro walks into his bedroom, undoing his shirt as he walks. He pauses inside the doorway, looking at his bed. The lamp on the nightstand is on, illuminating the tableau on his bed and he smiles.

Tony is sound asleep, laying on his back, one arm flung over his head, the other wrapped, almost possessively, around Abby's pale shoulders. Abby, her dark hair spread out over the white cotton case of the pillow, is laying curled up next to Tony, one leg over his, one of her arms over his middle. The sheet is down past their waists and he can see the smooth curve of Abby's breasts, pale against Tony's darker skin. His heart constricts as he watches them sleep. He'd come so close to losing both of them today. One to prison, one to death, and both from the actions of that little fucking weasel, Chip.

Jen had finally acquiesced and allowed that Abby did not need an assistant, adding that if Abby ever did desire one, then Abby would be involved with the hiring process. Jethro chuckles, remembering Abby's response to Madame Director's offer. "No fucking way am I ever going to want an assistant." Jen hadn't even chastised Abby for the swearing.

Jethro finishes undressing and then carefully climbs into bed, trying not to disturb his lovers. The movement, however, is enough to wake Tony, who looks up at him and smiles, sleepily. "Hey, Jethro," he murmurs, not fully awake.

"Hey, Tony," Jethro whispers in return. Jethro curls up behind Abby, pulling the sheets up as she settles back against him in her sleep, seeking out his warmth. Tony turns so that he's on his side, but still holding Abby, and reaches his free hand out to Jethro.

Jethro leans forward and kisses the back of Abby's neck, before taking Tony's hand and gently kissing the palm. When he looks at Tony again, the younger man is sound asleep.

He's bone tired, but sleep is a long time coming for Jethro tonight. Even though he knows that the two people who mean the most to him in his life are safe, a part of him feels that he still has to keep watch over them. He still has to keep them safe.

//**the end**\\