Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
407
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,185

Ramsey and David debate State of Union Address

Summary:

What the title says

Work Text:

Ramsey and David debate State of Union Address
by David Lee Rickman II
frankbparker@yahoo.com

 

If an outside observer had watched Ramsey and I while we were watching the State of the Union Address last night at NNL, they might have mistaken it for an episode of Mystery Science Theatre 3000:

"Look at that! The first two minutes, and Clinton is already lying!"

I swallowed a few M&Ms. "Ramsey, what did you expect?"

A few minutes later, Ramsey laughed. "'Life saving medicine is an indispensible part of modern medicine.' Duh Clinton! It sounds like something Al Gore would say."

"Ramsey, will you please be quiet?"

"Sorry David, but sometimes he really boils my blood."

"Clinton comes from the same part of the county you grew up and graduated from Ramsey."

"Don't remind me."

A little while later I asked Ramsey to get a grape soda from the cooler for me. As he was handing it to me, he exclaimed, "Did you just hear that?"

"What?"

"Bill Clinton just thanked Al Gore for making neighboorhoods more 'liberal.' He meant to say 'livable.'."

"So?"

"That's a Fraudian slip if I ever heard one!"

"I think you're reading more than there is. Are you sure your blood pressure can handle this?"

"David, with Parker's great escapes and my stress, Clinton is a relief."

"Que sara sara." I then ate a few Milky Way bars. "Now Clinton wants photos on registered gun licenses."

"Yeah, Clinton is the biggest advacate of gun control."

"But what good will that do? Putting photos on licenses I mean."

"Well, when the criminals come in to get their photos, we can arrest them. After all, no law-abiding criminal would break the law and not get a photo gun I.D."

"But they're criminals!"

"No, they're not criminals. Just like not all illegal immigrants are criminals. They just don't follow the process to become a citizen, and break a federal law. That doesn't mean they're criminals."

"Are you pulling my leg David?"

"Ramsey, you should be a liberal too. It's so much easier when you're not bound by anything like constitutional law and other nonsense."

"Who got you to come here and bother me David?"

"Frank Parker. If you had been watching the security cameras, you would have seen Parker escape an hour ago." I got up and waved good-bye.

 

=30=