Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
374
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
865

Very short fun fic

Summary:

This takes place during the first movie while Rick, Jonathan, and Ardeth are waiting to board Winston's plane.
Submitted through the The Mummy Plus Slash And Chat mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Very short fun fic
by Sheryl

In the hanger, Rick sideled up to Winston, shoulder to shoulder, asking if he could be of any help. Several yards to their left are Jonathan and Ardeth. They are both on the verge of getting impatient just standing around, so Jon strikes up some chit chat.

Arms folded, rocking back and forth from toe to heel, Jonathan glances to his left. "I say, Mr. Bay, heard any good jokes lately?"

Ardeth, turned to look at the Englishman with a quizzical look. Jonathan smiled in reply. "You know, a joke, a little something to make you laugh?"

"YOU make me laugh, Mr. Carnahan.", replied Ardeth.

Grinning, a little self-consciencely, Jonathan shifted his arms a little and looked at Ardeth with guarded curiosity.

"You seem to have a good sense of humor, mate!", Jon says. "Well, I hope you do, anyway."

"Here's a joke for you 'kay?"

Ardeth quits shifting restlessly and gives Jonathan his full, undivided attention.

Bravely, Jonathan spoke.

"How can you tell when a Muslim boy has become a man?"

Ardeth raises an eyebrow and shakes his head. "I do not know".

"When they take the diaper off his butt and slaps it on his head!"

Jonathan, always one to amuse himself, burts out laughing.

Ardeth stares at Jonathan for a long time. Just as Jonathan is starting to feel like a complete and total idiot, Ardeth grins. Then he makes a really cute snorting noise, which suprises and tickles both of them. Ardeth gives up and laughs loudly, joyfully, tears flowing from the corners of his closed eyes. Jonathan is laughing so hard, he can hardly breathe.

By the time the 4 heroes are boarding/securing themselves to the plane, an occasional giggle or snort can still be heard from the two passengers... strapped to each wing.

Rick looks to his left, and then to his right, and says, "Will the two 8 year-olds on the wings behave themselves?" That only managed to emit more laughter from Ardeth and Jonathan.

Throwing his hands up in the air, Rick looks at Winston and apologises for his two "children" on the wings.

"Let's get going, Winston! We're gonna' need all the help we can get!"

THE END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Sheryl.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.