Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
926
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,204

A Clash of Wills

Summary:

Just because she was his mate didn't mean he had it easy.

 

Crossover with BJ Jones Sylum Universe, CSI:Miami and Third Watch
Pairing Calleigh/Bosco

Work Text:

Title: A Clash of Wills

 

Author: CaliaDragon

 

Fandom: CSI: Miami/Third Watch/Sylum

 

Pairing: Calleigh Duquesne/Bosco Boscorelli

 

Warnings: Angst, humor

 

Series: The Strength Behind an Enemy/Sylum Clan

 

AN: This is the first in a set of side stories with characters that I have introduced as well as pairings created.  Thanks go to Bev who allowed me to have Calleigh Turned. 

 

Feedback: Caliadragon@gmail.com

 

Archive: Sylum Clan and Beyond Canon

 

Part: 1/1

 

Summary: Just because she's his mate doesn't mean he has it easy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A Clash of Wills

By CaliaDragon

 

 

It burned. That shocked him.  He thought death was supposed to be cold, but his wasn't.  It burned through him, leaving pain and agony in its wake.  He could hear softly spoken words, each one pounding into his head like a hammer on an anvil.  He moaned; he wanted to scream, but he just didn't have the strength.  His chest burned in agony from the gunshot.  Through the pain the voice finally reached him. "Do you want to live? Do you want vengeance?" the voice whispered. 

 

 

He could only nod, then blackness came and a small sting, annoying among the pains of his coming death.  Within moments he was gone.  What would have been another tragic death at the hands of gangsters became instead the birth of a new childe and the future mate to a woman who would have otherwise lived her life to its conclusion alone, seeking something she never knew was missing. 

 

 

~~~~~~

 

 

Bosco scowled as Calleigh smirked and walked away from him.  Yet again the feisty Southern belle had gotten the better of him in an argument.   Was it so wrong that he wanted to protect her? The fact that he had yet to get her alone since the day that Xander had announced to everyone she was his mate made it even worse.  He wanted to spend time with her, but they were never alone. 

 

 

He ached for her; he wanted her in a way he had never thought to want anyone.  He knew that vampires were often obsessive about the safety of their human mates, but he had not counted on feeling that way for his.  He certainly hadn't counted on finding his mate among Speed's Chosen. 

 

 

He knew that he had a long road ahead of him; Hagen had made sure of that.  His suicide in front of Calleigh had changed and hurt her in ways that he couldn't even fathom.   Bosco knew that Calleigh was seeing Thomas as a friend; he was helping her get back to who she was before the suicide.   If he had been given the chance, he would have kicked Hagen's ass until his shoe was permanently brown.  Unfortunately for Bosco he couldn't fight the memories left behind by a dead man.  All he could do was take things slow and hopefully get a chance to woo his mate.  Somehow he thought Xander had it right when he said he had a hard time ahead of him. 

 

 

Speed and Eric seemed to be the worst about keeping him separated from Calleigh.  He knew Speed had told him that the reason was that they wanted him to woo Calleigh.  Even Thomas, a man he respected and admired, had made a special visit to Bosco's house to tell him that he expected the vampire to give Calleigh all the respect and adoration that she deserved.   Bosco intended to do just that, but they were never alone and it was beginning to drive him insane.

 

 

~~~~~~

 

 

Calleigh smirked slightly; truly amused by the fact that she had gotten in the last word with Bosco.  She knew that he was frustrated with the fact that she wouldn't let him protect her, but she was making it clear from the beginning that she no intention being coddled by him or anyone else. 

 

 

She knew that she would eventually bond with him, but Calleigh had been alone most of her life.  She learned to take care of herself and her father when she was young.  She knew who and what she needed to be.  Just because she was the mate of a vampire didn't mean that she was going to change her own behavior. 

 

 

There was also a part of her that worried about becoming the lover of another cop.  John's death had shattered her.  She had truly loved him, but his behavior towards the end of their relationship had confused and frightened her to the point that she broke up with him.  She had thought that he had respected her and her work, but he had begun to try to undermine her to Horatio and had become overly possessive.  Calleigh would never allow anyone to act that way towards her again.   She smiled at Ryan and the pair of them went into the crime scene with Eric on their heels.  They had a case to solve and any thoughts of her future mate would have to wait for now.