Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
731
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
3
Hits:
926

Fly on the wings of love

Summary:

Disclaimer: If Xander would have been mine, I would be kissing him, not writing about him! In other words: I don't own any of the characters in this story... WB, Fox and the rest of the Bunch does...
The title of this fic is the title of a song by ‘The Olsen Brothers'. Thesong appears in this fic several times.
Archive: Sure, if you want it, take it. But please let me know where it is heading!
Rating: If you watch the show you can handle this.
Spoilers: None.
Couples: Buffy/Xander
Feedback: But of course!
Comments: Third fic in a row, but since the two before were a bit (too) dramatic, I decided to make a short, plotless, fluffy fluff kinda fanfic. It sets after Graduation Day Part 2. Angel gone, Riley not there yet.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

Fly on the wings of love
by Angel Wings



Fly on the wings of love
Fly baby fly
Reaching the stars above
Touching the sky


Buffy sighed happily. She always felt so content when she heard this song on the radio. It reminded her of that one night... She laid back on the pillows on her bed and heard the shower running. She closed her eyes and almost fell back asleep, but then Xander came out of the bathroom. He had a towel round his waist.

He smiled at her when he saw she was awake. He walked over to the
bed and sat on the edge near Buffy, placing a tiny kiss on the tip of her nose. "Goodmorning Sleeping Beauty"� he whispered.

"Hmmm ... "� Buffy murmered,

"Too early!"� Xander watched the clockradio next to the bed. "11:30... That's not early..."� he laughed when he saw Buffy wrinkling her nose. "You feel like breakfast in bed?"� he asked.

"Uhm... No, I feel like you back in bed..."� she said.

Xander smiled at her, then crawled over her to the other side of the bed.

Buffy giggled when she saw him struggling to keep his towel on and not to fall on her.

Finally he flopped next to her. He pulled up the cheats high. Then he putted his arm around Buffy's waist, pulling her close to him.

Buffy groaned content. She closed her eyes and enjoyed Xander stroking gently over her hair with his free hand. She also putted her arm around his waist and cuddled even closer to him.

"Urgh... You're kinda choking me..."� Xander joked. He looked down at her face.

Buffy looked up to him, searching his eyes.

The moment their eyes met, Xander leaned closer to Buffy and gently brushed her lips with his. That simple touch made Buffy dream away...

In the background she could still hear the song playing on the radio...

In the summer night
When the moon shines bright
Feel in love forever

It was a summer night. It was a hot night. There was a beach party. The whole Scooby Gang decided to skip a night of patrol and to go to the party people wre talking about for weeks. Xander looked so hot... At first the DJ played regular, decent songs... But as the night passed by they kept getting hotter and sexier, and the party people kept getting stirred up.

Buffy didn't see anymore who she was dancing with, she let the music take over control of her body and she got terribly swept away.

Suddenly she felt two arms wrapping around her when a slower song resounded on the beach. She looked up at the owner of these strong arms and looked right into the eyes of Xander. It was like all the other people suddenly got erased... The music was only playing for them.


And the heat is on
When the sun is gone
Still happy together

There's just one more thing I would like to add
He's the greatest love I ever had



They played at the beginning. Eyes meeting. Arms touching. Cheeks brushing.

Then suddenly Buffy realized she was getting tired and looking at her watch she saw it was 5 o'clock in the morning.

Xander understood her motion and gently lead her away from the crowd that was still dancing. He took her to a quiet little place on the beach.

They sat down on the sand and just sat there. Looking at the waves rolling over to their toes. It was getting cold.

When Buffy shivered, Xander laid his jack over her shoulders. But when he wanted to pull back away from her, Buffy leaned closer to him. Their lips were only a few inches away from eachother. Xander slowly bent forwards and they kissed.

Another wave washed over them. They didn't feel it. Xander only wrapped his arms around her and Buffy did the same thing, deciding never to let go again.


Fly on the wings of love
Fly baby fly
Reaching the stars above
Touching the sky


She opened her eyes again when Xander pulled away from her and she heard the song fading out on the radio.

Xander smiled at her. "Remember that song?"� he asked.

"Do I..."� Buffy answered.

END




Okay, so it *was* short fic... I hope you liked?

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Angel Wings.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.