Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,469
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
838

I Can't Fight This Feeling

Summary:

Category: Romance?
Rating: FRT
Summary: Jim plans to reveal his feelings to Blair, but Blair has other plans.
Archive: SenseXangst.
First time story, I don't own the guy's wish I did. Just borrowed them for a little while.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

I Can't Fight This Feeling
by Peggy (narfstuff)

"Hey Chief, got any plans for tonight?" Jim asked of his partner, best friend and soon to be lover, if his plans for tonight worked out. Jim had thought long and hard about how he was going to tell his partner that he was in love with him. He had planned a very romantic dinner, nice music, maybe some dancing or a movie. What ever Blair wanted to do. His only fear was that Blair would turn him down. Ok, he knew that Blair loved him, but maybe just not in love with him.

"Um, yeah. Kinda, big guy, why what's up?" {Crap} Blair thought to himself. {I was gonna invite Jim to amateur night at the college. I found the perfect song to sing to him to, hopefully, let him know exactly how I feel about him.}

"Nothing really, you got a hot date tonight?" Jim asked trying to hide his disappointment.

"Well not exactly, I kinda volinteered for amateur night at the
college. I'm gonna sing a song. Hey, you wanna come along?"

"Well I......"

At Jims hesitation Blair continued, "C'mon big guy, it'll be fun, hey I might just surprise you and be able to sing, unless you've got plans for tonight."

"Well actually I do." Jim said smirking slightly at the disappointed look on Blair's face. "I have plans to come and watch you sing."

Blairs face lit up like the sun on a cloudless day. "Oh this is gonna be so cool, althought don't expect to much cuz I'm gonna be soooo nervous."

"I'm sure you'll do really great chief. I have all the confidence in the world in you." Jim said softly.

Blair blushed and said "Well uh, I'm gonna head back to the loft and get ready for tonight, if you get home early enough we can ride over together."

"Sure chief, I'll make sure I leave early, I'm sure Simon will let me go."

"Ok, cool. I'll see ya in a couple of hours then. Later Jim." and Blair was out the door heading for the elevator.

Jim smiled to himself, {well, maybe I can just move my plans to tomorrow.} he thought to himself. {yeah, that'll work, what's one more day right?}

Two hours later Jim walked through the loft door, Blair was pacing back and forth in front of the couch. Jim could tell that he was nervous as a cat. {I wonder what's got him so nervous, he's used to speaking in front of a lot of people when he teaches. What's so different other then the fact that he's going to be singing, not teaching.}

"Hey chief, you ok?"

"Yeah, oh hey Jim." Blair seemed to just realize that Jim was there, having not heard him come in.

Then Jim really got a look at Blair, he was wearing a blue satin shirt that brought out the color of his eyes, the top three buttons left open so that you could just see the start of his chest hair, Black dress pants and a black leather belt, with a silver panther buckle. His hair was freshly washed and dried and left loose to fall around his shoulders. Jim caught his breath at the sight.

"Jim, man are you ok?" Blair placed his hand on Jim's arm thinking that he may have zoned, but on what he didn't know.

"What, oh a yeah, I'm fine. Um let me catch a quick shower and we'll be on our way, ok?"

"Kay, Jim. You sure you're ok, man?" Blair asked.

"Yeah, Blair, I'm fine. Jim responded as he sprinted up the stairs to get clean cloths and shower done as quickly as he could.

Twenty minutes later showered and dressed they left for the college.

When they arrived at the college they were lucky to find a place to park fairly close to the auditorium. There seemed to be quite a turn out for amatures night. When they exited the truck Blair still looked extremely nervous.

"You're gonna do just fine chief, ok? Just kinda think of it as one of your lectures but in song form." Jim tried to encourage him.

"Yeah, ok Jim. Well I haveta go in the back door where the rest of
the performers are. Um....Jim?"

"Yeah, chief?"

"Well....um...I..I hope you like the song I'm gonna sing and even if it's really bad just....um....listen to the words. Ok?" Blair said then hurried off and through the door.

Jim stared after Blair for several minutes trying to figure out just what he ment, then he just kinda shook his shoulders and went into the building to find a seat.

After several different acts that ranged from acrobatics to just musical pieces, and actually some of the acts were quite good, which surprised Jim. The stage went completely dark, then the music started and a single light came on and illuminated Blair, he picked up the mike and began to sing.

Blair didn't know how he did it but he spotted Jim in the second row and stared at and sang right to Jim. He put everything he had into the song, he just hoped that Jim would get what he was trying to say.

 

I can't fight this feeling any longer
And yet I'm still afraid to let it flow
What started out as friendship, has grown stronger
I only wish I had the strength to let it show

I tell myself that I can't hold out forever
I said there is no reason for my fear
Cause I feel so secure when we're togeather
You give my life direction
You make everything so clear

And even as I wander
I'm keeping you in sight
You're a candle in the window
On a cold, dark winter's night
And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might

And I can't fight this feeling anymore
I've forgotten what I started fighting for
It's time to bring this ship into the shore
And throw away the oars, forever

Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore
I've forgotten what I started fighting for
And if I have to crawl upon the floor
Come crashing through your door
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore.

My life has been such a whirlwind since I saw you
I've been running round in circles in my mind
And it always seems that I'm following you, babe
Cause you take me to the places that alone I'd never find

And even as I wander I'm keeping you in sight
Your a candle in the window on a cold, dark winter's night
And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might

And I can't fight this feeling anymore
I've forgotten what I started fighting for
It's time to bring this ship into the shore
And throw away the oars, forever

Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore
I've forgotten what I started fighting for
And if I have to crawl upon the floor
Come crashing through your door
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore

 

As Blair sang the last words of the song the light started to fade
and he backed away from the remaining light, and again the stage was dark, applause erupted from the audience. Jim sat there with tears in his eyes hoping that the meaning of the song was what he thought it ment. That Blair was in love with him too. God he hoped so. Jim started clapping and whistling along with everybody else. When everyone had settled back down, Jim quickly and quietly excused himself and left the auditorium looking for Blair.

When Jim spotted Blair coming out of the door he walked up to him and wrapped his arms around him and said, "That was beautiful, Blair. Did it mean what I think it means?"

"Yeah, Jim. I love you, big guy. I mean, I'm in love with you, I have been for a very long time. I just needed to find a special way of telling you." Blair said softly.

"I love you too, Blair. I had plans to make you a special dinner and maybe some dancing or a movie to tell you tonight, but god chief, this was so much better because I was so afraid that maybe you wouldn't feel the same.

Blair grabbed Jim tighter and leaned up to kiss Jim right there in the parking lot, not caring who saw them.

"Let's go home, Jim. I didn't win the amature prize, but as far as I'm concerned I won the biggest and best prize of all.....you."

Jim kissed him again then took Blairs hand and walked him to the truck, driving away into their new lives togeather.

The End

Song Borrowed From REO Speedwagon.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author narfstuff.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.