Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
483
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
917

With a Broken Wing

Summary:

With a broken wing... (Mention of Suicide)

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Title: "With a Broken Wing" (Fic 1/1)
Authoress: Mistress Vamp ((mod2682@yahoo.com))
Pairing/Rating: Hermione/??? ((T))
Summary: With a broken wing...
Disclaimer: JKR owns the "Harry Potter" fandom. I am not JKR and if I was, I would be rich, famous, and awesome! Lyrics belong to Martina McBride and Co. Lyrics are "A Broken Wing" from the album, 'Evolution.' Copyright infringement not intended. I am merely using the characters and lyrics for my own twisted pleasures. Please don't sue. I have nothing to give.
Spoilers/Warnings: OOCness, Suicide
Feedback: Don't like it? Don't flame it. Constructive critisicm is ok and it's accepted, but please don't bash it.
Authoress Note: Decided to answer my own challenge over at _fndmchllngs_ :-)
Word Count: 318 ((Doesn't include the lyrics))
Written on: April 6, 2005
----------
Her dress blew in the wind as she stood on the ledge of the window. Her hair surrounded her emotionless face as her arms hung to her side. She stared straight ahead and thought back to all the things she could never do now that her life had ended. She had wanted it all...a good husband, a comfortable home, and lots of children running around her and her husband. But what did she have instead?

She was a slave in her own home. Her dreams were broken, her heart was empty, and she was the one to blame. He made her promises, she believed them all, and now in the end, she was the one taking the final step. She should have listened to those around her when they told her he would fail her and she was setting herself up for heartbreak. If only she had listened, then maybe she wouldn't be where is now.

She believed no one would worry. She believed no one would care. After all, she hadn't seen any of her friends since her wedding. There were no owls, no fire-calls, no anything that would show her that they still cared about her. She knew her mistake, now. It just took the realization of everyone leaving her to make her see it. She had to make it all right again. She believed this was the only way.

Hermione lowered her eyes just a little and looked to the ground, knowing what she had to do. She raised her eyes again then shut them as she extended her arms. She took one step off the ledge and within moments, she was free.

----------

Draco Malfoy returned home three hours later to see the curtains in his bedroom blowing in the wind. Curiously, he walked over to the window and beside it on a table, he found a note that needed no explanation.

Hermione was free.

[And with a broken wing
She still sings
She keeps an eye on the sky
With a broken wing
She carries her dreams
Man you ought to see her fly]

----------
The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Mistress Vamp.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.