Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,021
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,159

Reflections on a Turning

Summary:

Jack McCoy reflects on how he came to be a vampire and a member of Sylum, while at the same time mourning the loss of his Sire.

This is set in BJ Jones’ Sylum universe. It is an alternate universe that has a new and interesting take on vampires. I am writing within this universe with the author’s permission. This universe is vast and mostly consists of Slash. This falls after Clan Wars.

Work Text:

Title: Reflections of a Turning

Author: CaliaDragon

Rating: FRT

Disclaimer: I don't own them.

Summary: Jack McCoy reflects on how he came to be a vampire and a member of Sylum, while at the same time mourning the loss of his Sire.

Type: Angst, het

Author's Notes: This is set in BJ Jones' Sylum universe. It is an alternate universe that has a new and interesting take on vampires. I am writing within this universe with the author's permission. This universe is vast and mostly consists of Slash. This falls after Clan Wars.

Fandom: Law and Order, Stargate, and the Sylumverse.

Archive: Sylum Clan and Beyond Canon

Part: 1/1

Jack McCoy looked out his window and at the city he had lived in all of his life. All 245 years of it, 190 of which he had lived as a vampire, today was the day he had been turned by his friend and Sire, Lenny Briscoe. His Sire had been dead for only a month now, his Mate was stuck on the mountain in Cheyenne and so he was alone today.

He could still remember the day he had been turned; Jack was a lawyer even then. Only in that life he had been a defence attorney trying to fight for the rights of his clients against biased society. One of his clients, a young immigrant, had been arrested for the rape of a society wife. The young man claimed that the woman had seduced him. Jack believed him, and set out to prove the boy's innocence.

The woman, not wanting to lose her place in society, hired men to kill Jack and his client. The men had succeeded in killing him, but he had managed to get his client somewhere safe, since he had not allowed the boy to turn himself into the police. As he lay dying a figure came to stand over him.

//Flashback//

"Do you want to live? Do you want to get justice for yourself and that boy?" The voice asked.

Jack had immediately agreed, though how he could be saved he didn't know, he had been gut shot. The figure knelt beside him and Jack gasped as fangs pierced his skin. The next he knew was pain, even worse than the gunshot as his body died. He lost consciousness as his body finished its transition.

When he next awoke he was laying in a bed, much finer than he had ever slept in before. He was clean, but very hungry. An older man went to the door and ordered something to be brought, Jack watched the man, recognizing him as the leader of a small group of people that tried to protect New York from the gangsters and horrors of the city. The man was a bit older than Jack, but not by much and he smiled at Jack as the younger man started.

"It's going to be okay, I've been watching you for awhile Jack McCafferty. I've seen the good you have done for your clients and your community. The boy you were injured trying to save is one of mine. Ah, here's something that will help." The man said as the door opened and his client walked into the room. He smiled at Jack and the older man and went to set on the bed beside Jack.

"Are you alright?" Jack asked of his client, though he was distracted by the intense hunger pains.

"I am, thanks to you," Jamie said with a smile.

"What is going on? What have I become?" Jack asked.

"A vampire," Lenny told him speaking for the first time.

Jack stared in shocked silence for several moments. Like anyone who had migrated to the New World, Jack's parents had had stories of vampires. However, unlike most stories the ones told to Jack had been about great clans that ruled within the society of humans, his mother claimed that one of his ancestors had been a chosen to the true Arthur of Camelot. Jack had not been too sure of that, but he had believed his parents and now he was one of the mythic peoples.

"Is Arthur of Camelot really a vampire?" Jack asked, surprising both men with the question. Lenny blinked at him for a moment, then laughed and nodded. "So my mother was right. Is this why I am so hungry?" Jack asked confused. "What is your name?"

"I am Lenny Briscoe and yes that is why you are so hungry. Jamie here is going to let you feed and I am going to train you." Lenny told him with a smile.

That was the first night of Jack's life as a vampire. For every year since that night he and Lenny his turning day together when possible, it was hard to believe that his Sire was not going to walk through the door and demand to know why he was looking out windows instead of preparing to go have fun. Sadness engulfed Jack and he turned, sinking down into his chair.

A soft smile crossed his face as he felt a wave of love and comfort through the connection between him and his mate. He looked up in surprise as he realized that she felt closer than she should. He stood as his door opened and she walked into his office. Gone was her uniform, in its place was a modest, yet seductive dress. Jack's smiled widened as he caught site of her lose hair, something he loved on her. "Janet," he said opening his arms and pulling her close as she hurried across the room to be held by him. "I love you," he whispered, kissing her gently. He had no idea how she had gotten away from the SG and to him, he would find out later. Right now all that mattered to him was that his beloved was with him and he was not alone.