Adult Content Warning

This work could have adult content. If you continue, you have agreed that you are willing to see such content.

If you accept cookies from our site and you choose "Yes, Continue", you will not be asked again during this session (that is, until you close your browser). If you log in you can store your preference and never be asked again.

  1. Tags
    Summary

    Series: The Three Fates
    Rating: “FRAO�/Adult Language, Themes & Content
    Pairing: Willow/Spike/Faith...and then some
    Distribution: Ask and ye shall most likely receive
    Disclaimer: I own nothing, except my own twisted mind. No copyright infringement is intended. Everything else belongs to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, Kuzui, etc. Lucky for us they are pretty good about sharing their toys...
    Spoilers: Mostly AU from this beginning moment...will bring a lot of canon [seasons 1-7] into parts of the story but you’ll know it when you read it. I assume a sufficient knowledge of Buffy canon, so if you don’t know the series well there might be some confusing moments. If you need transcripts to any of the episodes I would suggest Buffy vs. Angel at http://www.buffy-vs-angel.com/. I did use a fair amount of poetic license, as it were, so if you are very familiar with canon then don’t be upset if some things are ‘wrong’ or have been changed.
    Summary: The stars sing a song of destiny... Did you really think I’d give it up that easy?
    Author’s Note: This fic could get a little confusing, especially in the Prelude. So I’ve tried to set things up to make everything clearer. I will refer to the three different storylines by Knownverse, Pinionverse and Shadowverse to keep them clear. It also won’t be short, so be prepared. I will archive this story on my website at www.hlegacy.com/threefates.html.
    Author’s Other Note: The Sisters of the Moirai, or the Three Fates, were the daughters of Nyx, the embodiment of Night in Greek Mythology. Nyx bore many offspring; among the others were Day, Death, Sleep, Blame, Deceit, Friendship, Age, and Strife. The fates were goddesses in their own right who knew the future and were regarded as prophetic entities responsible for destiny and its consequences. Klotho [the Spinner] combs and spins the thread of life to build fate, Lachesis [the Disposer of Lots] weaves the thread into fabric to dispense fate, and Atropos [She Who Cannot Be Turned] cuts the thread of life to realize fate. They were ageless, sometimes depicted as old women, and were often shown as being lame to indicate the slow march of time.
    Feedback: Yes please! I’ve been on the beta end of things for a few years, but this is my first try at actually writing. As if I didn’t already have much respect for the writers… It would be nice to know if this is terrible, or if it isn’t. Besides, I’ve been really good at giving good feedback, so I’ve been building up my good Karma... Don’t make me beg: it’s not pretty!
    Dedication: To DarkLycoris, my creative partner in crime: thanks for being willing to switch roles with me for this, our next big caper. To Elisabeth for the magnificent beta, and to KallieRose for the read and feedback. Hopefully it won’t disappoint.

    Language:
    English
    Words:
    10,133
    Chapters:
    2/2
    Collections:
    1
    Kudos:
    9
    Hits:
    1,319