Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,506
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
953

Teddy Bear

Summary:

A teddy bear's view on the beginnings of a love story. Spike/Xander

Work Text:

Disclaimer; Not mine, just having a little fun.

Summary; A teddy bear's view on the beginnings of a love story.

Notes; I haven't got a beta yet so all mistakes and errors are solely my own.

 

Teddy Bear
By Jicin

Hello, my name is Freddie and I'd like to tell you a story. It probably won't take long but I thought that you'd like to hear it. You see it concerns my owner, a vampire and an ex-demon.

Interested yet? I hope so hehe?

I'll start at the beginning, always the best place if you ask me.

A carnival came to Sunnydale about six months ago and that was the start of a new life for me. I was won by a blonde man who seemed exceptionally good at darts and given to my owner. I had thought that I would be tossed away like trash but I here I sit on his dresser watching his life unfold. Sometimes it's happy but mostly its not. You see my owner is confused and scared. Scared of making a choice and scared of what people will think of him when he finally chooses. The choice is quite simple does he stay in a relationship that he's not happy in or does he go with his heart and be with the one he actually loves.

Maybe I ought to tell you about the three people involved ? my owner is a good bloke, he's kind, caring, brave and loyal. The sort of person who gives everything he has to his friends and never gets the recognition he deserves. But he is also blind when it comes to those friends. They use him without mercy and ignore him when it suits them. He's naïve and that's putting it nicely.

His girlfriend, she's the ex-demon. Now she's a nasty piece of work. She's a scheming manipulative fraud who is too scared to go out into the world. She hides behind him, using him as a shield. After a millennium on this earth you would think that she'd have some guts but no she has to hide from her own feelings knowing full well that she doesn't actually love my owner. It's just safe and easy for her to have him teach her how to be human. She should leave, that would teach her faster than he could. It's not fair that he has to look after her the way he does. She's too needy and high- maintenance and she has a horrible screechy voice ? it really gets on my nerves. She moved in with us a month ago and things have gotten really bad. I wish I could help the poor bloke out but I'm just a stuffed toy, not much I can do against all her demands. The rest of his friends have stopped coming round now, they don't like the way she talks to him or the way she treats him ? it's always `do this, do that or not like that you're doing it wrong'. I don't know how he's coped with it all.

The vampire, now there's what he really wants and I know that for sure because he's told me. Yes he does talk to me, I can't give him any answers but I'm a good listener. The vampire used to come over once or twice a week but of course that's all stopped now. She doesn't think that the vampire is a good influence and after one boy's night in she caused a huge argument. The boys had had a couple of beers and when she got home my boy was a little bit tipsy which she didn't like and had to tell the whole neighbourhood about her dislike of the situation. So the beautiful vampire isn't welcome here now. But he'd be good for my owner, he'd teach him to stand up
for himself and give him the confidence he so badly needs. They only see each other at the Scooby meetings now and I know that the vampire watches over my boy, I can see him from the window after he's trailed my boy home, he wants my boy so much but he won't say anything for fear of being turned to dust.

I wish I had a voice, I wish I could influence what's going on around here and I wish I wasn't so useless. Those were my feelings and frustrations until I discovered a partner in crime, someone else didn't like the circumstances here. A few weeks ago I found that I did have a voice ? not a conventional voice but a secret voice. I can whisper to my boy when he's asleep and plant ideas into his head and it's been quite a bit of fun, I started off small trying to control what he wore to work and what he wanted to eat for breakfast. The tests proved useful so I tried something a little
bit bigger and I don't think that morning sex has ever been as explosive as it was this morning. I've spent the last few weeks trying my new voice out but nothing much had happened so last night I spent the whole night whispering a single word to him, just a small five lettered word, nothing earth shattering and I definitely didn't think it would cause so much screaming. But it was so jolly
to watch the fireworks when my boy uttered this word as he climaxed. Her reaction was immediate, as soon as the word left his lips she was up and shouting, I think the people living four blocks away heard her. But my poor boy was dumbfounded, he didn't realise what he had said, he stood there in all his naked glory, his mouth opening and closing looking lost and trying to get a word in as the ex-demon kept on going with her tirade against him in particular and with the male population in general.

Fifteen minutes later and she was still going on at him. He was sitting on the bed head in hands believing all the truly nasty things she was saying about him ? how he was useless, a waste of
space and how if she still had her powers she would visit untold agony on him and his cheating mouth. A whipped puppy has nothing on my boy when he's miserable, the bottom lip starts to tremble, the gorgeous liquid brown eyes fill up with unshed tears and all I wanted to do was to make her gone and him happy again. She stormed out of the bedroom still in full swing, then realised that her suitcases were in the bedroom closet she stormed back in, hauled them out and started to pack all the while shouting that she was leaving to find someone else who could give her better orgasms, who didn't treat her like a silly school girl.

While all this was going on I started whispering again ? I know not exactly fair on the boy but if I didn't start straight away all my plans would be ruined and I'd worked so hard. Well, hard for a
stuffed toy anyway. Again I stuck to simple instructions telling him to phone work and tell them he was sick. As soon as the front door slammed behind her he was up and on the phone, now this is
where I got a shock, after the phone call to work he dialed a second number and when it connected all he said was "I need you". I didn't hear if there was any reply to his softly murmured entreaty, he just put the phone back down and disappeared into the bathroom and I heard the shower start up.

Half an hour later and he was out of the bathroom clean and dressed and making coffee when there was a knock at the door. I can't see the hallway from here but I hear a British accent and the creak of leather. The accent said only one word but I heard love and devotion in that simple Xan.

Now the vampire lives here with us and I've never seen my owner so happy or alive. When they're making love its now soft endearments instead of harsh instructions that are said, my boy now laughs and smiles more. I find it ironic that there is so much love and compassion from someone who is technically dead.

I've lost my voice again but I don't need it now, the last thing I was able to say was thank you to Drucilla for the magical voice and the assistance she gave me to help her dark prince and her kitten.

 

END