Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
236
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
866

The smiles and the look in their eyes

Summary:

Willow becomes paranoid that she has a neon sign pointing at her head proclaiming, for all the world to see, that she is gay

Work Text:

Thanks to: You, for reading this. Paul, for being patient and understanding when I disappear into the computer room for days on end to write. Savage Garden, for the song To The Moon And Back that inspired this piece. Kaci, for the beta.

Disclaimer: Sunnydale and all recognizable characters and events are the property of Joss Whedon. This story is being written for entertainment purposes only and no profit will be made.

 

The Smiles And The Look In Their Eyes
by Adelaide Elizabeth Morgan

 

They know. I don't know how - I haven't told anyone yet, not even Buffy, but they all know. It's that little smile when I walk by, the knowing glint in their eyes. The way they turn to each other, whispering amongst themselves.

I know what they're saying. I can't hear them but I still know. `See her, she's a witch.' `I heard she was a lesbian.' `A lesbian witch.' `Lesbian witch' `Lesbian witch'

I try to block it out but. but it's there all the time. I walk with my head down, not looking at anyone. But they still see me. It's almost as if there's an arrow pointing to my head saying `lesbian witch here, tell everyone you know.'

Then I look up and she's walking towards me. Tara. And she's smiling.

And suddenly, nothing else matters.

 

~el fin~