Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
398
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,191

A Coven of Ravens

Summary:

Sometimes gods get bored --- and Sunnydale gets the fall out. Snippet

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Beta: nope. once again, no siames fighting fish were harmed in the production of this nonsense

AN: if a couple of people in here resemble a couple of gods from another universe ... good eye

 

A Coven of Ravens
by dragon/ryuu

 

"I'm bored." The sexy sensual mouth issuing these words almost pouted.

The incredible blonde with whom the gentleman was lounging gave him a look. "You're what?" There was a dangerous edge to her question.

"Bored."

He leaned closer.

"Oh, not with you.

But even *we* *can't* -- all the time." The mischievous glint in his eyes and the beginning of a smirk on those sensual lips begged her to see his point.

She looked away. She looked back, her own lips twitching to keep from answering that smile.

She sighed a bit theatrically, tossed her head, causing the cascade of pale golden curls to dance enticingly and then peeped at him from beneath long dark lashes.

Finally, she laughed.

"All right. So, what do we do? It's not as tho' there were a whole lot of believers in the area."

"True. But not everyone *needs* believers."

"No. Oh, no. You can't."

His grin broadened. "Oh, can't I just?"

He gestured. A shadow appeared out of nowhere.

From the shadow stepped a tall, slender feminine figure in black on black draperies. She looked some how alien beside the two reclining figures. She gazed on them with unblinking black eyes, almond shaped and set slightly aslant in a face of alabaster.

Silence.

The blonde shifted and sat up, her creamy complexion paling slightly.

"Raven," she greeted the other with a stately incline of her head. Her companion continued to smile, almost maliciously.

"I am here. Why am I called?"

The harmonics of her voice made even these two a shade uneasy.

"It's been a while since you visited the mortal planes."

The unwavering stare fixed on him. "Sunnydale. There are -- currents. Stir them."

"Carefully," the blonde amended. Sunnydale. The name seemed to stir unpleasant memories, or perhaps foreseeings. Either way, it was a place to tread carefully. "You know our usual messages--"

The woman bowed slightly to acknowledge their wishes, stepped back into the shadows and vanished, along with the shadow. The blonde shivered and snuggled into the man's arms. "Harbinger of the Gods, indeed."

He laughed and nibbled her ear lobe. "She'll make life interesting, for a while."

 

End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author dragonhavn.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.