Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
508
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
21
Bookmarks:
4
Hits:
3,018

A Quarter

Summary:

fandom: NCIS
pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo
rating: FRT
series: nope
spoilers: nope
warnings: sugar shock? *grin*
summary: Tony and Gibbs have a difference of opinion on what constitutes a 'made bed.'

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

A Quarter
by Nancy

"DiNozzo!"

Tony flinched at the bellow coming from the bedroom, then glared. He hated it when Jethro used 'work-voice' at home. "What!?"

"Get your ass in here ASAP!"

Scowling, Tony set down the remote and kept his eyes on the tv for as long as possible before it was out of sight. "Damn it, Jethro, you better be bleeding for me to miss this game!"

When he got to the bedroom there wasn't, of course, any blood. Just Jethro with his arms folded over his chest and glaring at him. Tony matched him with his own and demanded, "What?"

"You didn't make the bed."

"I did so!" Tony protested, looking at the item in question.

Jethro arched an eyebrow at him. "That, is not a made bed. That, is an unkempt bed. And that, is unacceptable."

"Ah come on, Jethro. Look, blankets are up and tucked in, pillows are fluffed. What else do you want?"

"I want to be able to bounce a quarter off it."

"You're kidding." But from the look on Jethro's face, there was no kidding involved. Tony huffed, "This is ridiculous!"

Jethro gave him a pointed look and reminded, "When we're at your house, we go by your rules. When we're here, we go by mine."

"But we never make the bed at my house," Tony snapped.

Jethro grinned. "Then make better rules. In the meantime, make the damn bed. You've been in enough barracks to know what it should look like."

Eyes rolling, Tony muttered under his breath the entire time about tight-assed ex-gunnery sergeants, but proceeded to make the bed according to Gibbs' Specs. He pulled and tightened and tucked and finally ended with slamming the pillows together to fluff them out before setting them back in place. Hands on his hips, he growled, "There. Done."

Jethro fished a quarter out of his pocket and held it up, over the bed.

"I can't believe you!" Tony exclaimed.

The quarter was dropped...and it bounced high enough for Jethro to catch it. He grinned and said, "See? That wasn't so difficult, was it?"

"Jethro, you son of a..."

He didn't get to finish his complaint, tackled by a laughing Gibbs. Tony tried to stay angry, but the sight of a grinning Jethro was just too much for the irritation, which promptly keeled over to be replaced by love and laughter. "You really are a bastard somempths..."

Jethro kissed him soundly, stopping the words. Tony grinned against his lover's lips and returned the kiss enthusiastically. When it ended, broken up into small, little kisses, Tony pushed up on his elbows and said seriously, "I am not making this bed twice."

"Screw the bed, DiNozzo," Jethro replied fondly.

Tony grinned. "I think I'd rather you screw me."

"I can get behind that."

Groaning at the bad play on words, Tony was about to gripe about it when his mouth was taken in another kiss. Wrapping his arms around Jethro's neck, he chuckled and lay back on the newly made bed.

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Nancy.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.