Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
415
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
823

Trust

Summary:

Answer to the 5 minute challenge (trust)

Work Text:

Trust

By Machiel K

 

 

"Trust me", said Kun.

Avon made a wry smile. "I knew a man who once said that to me."

"What happened to him?", said Kun, fearing the worst.

"I shot him", said Avon.

Kun was thinking of leaving but she knew it was too late.

They kissed, and though the kiss was deep and intense, Kun knew she would never come close to finding out what moved this man, and what he would be capable of. Maybe love was about that: trusting one without having any reason to.

The room was bare and cold. They had been there for hours, and it seemed they would stay there for some time. Kun was not sure exactly what they were waiting for,she only knew it was better not to ask Avon and that whatever it was they were waiting for was something very important to Avon. Also, she was getting worried about the other girl in the room.

*

Though she was gagged, Soolin could be heard protesting.

They looked at her, bound and gagged, lying on a mattress and looking at them with furious eyes.

"You are hard for your friends", said Kun.

"She should have known everything has a price."

"What did she do wrong?"

Again, Avon made that wry smile, and again Kun could not be sure whether in that bleak show of humour, there was not also partly sorrow involved.

"She trusted me", said Avon.

*

"I never thought you would do all this for me", said Kun.

"Oh..., but you still don't believe it, do you?" said Avon.

She felt more than that she understood that something had changed in his mood again, and a new fear, unknown to her, came to her.

"Avon," she said, "You have known all along".

"Well now", said Avon, "Even with the finest docters of the Federation at your disposal, there is some quality about you, no cosmetic surgery could obscure, my dear." He didn't call her by her original name and it wasn't necessary.

*

She felt his strong hand gripping on her neck and she knew she had lost and that maybe this was going to be the last time. It was almost a relief.

Strangely, although somehow she had always imagined one day it would end like this, she would never have imagined that she wouldn't look at his face, but at the gloating face of Soolin, who had been right after all in trusting him.

 

end