Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2007-01-10
Words:
6,924
Chapters:
4/4
Comments:
1
Kudos:
17
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,866

Sea Longing

Summary:

Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean
Rating: Erm. FRT?
Pairings: Jack/Will Elizabeth/Will
Summary: Will tries to clear his mind one evening long after Jack leaves, and comes to a startling realization. A wise donkey helps him come to his senses(I couldn't help it!).
My kitty drawing of Will Turner just needs to be inked and scanned before coloring. BUT, my scanner is on the fritz. By the time it'll probably be working, I'll have drawn a Jack kitty, and finished the Will and Jack doodle.
!!!!WARNING!!!! Implied slash ahead! My first! Be easy on me! Then there's the fact I've only seen this movie TWICE. You see ANY flaws, please let me know. Same for any possible OOC.

Chapter 1: Page 1

Chapter Text

Sea Longing
by GundamNymph

Will glared down at the metal before him, before grabbing his tool again, and started to pound it onto what should be forming into a blade. Sweat trickled down his face, but he ignored it, unable to wipe it away.

Sally, the mild mannered donkey, sent him a look as he interrupted her snooze. He gave up on the blade, and stared back at the mule indignantly.

"WHAT?"

Solemn brown eyes stared back at him from under long lashes.

He let out a deep breath, and set the tool back in it's proper place, and let the blade sink into a tub of water. Steam erupted, narrowly missing his face. Sweat trickled down his forehead again, and this time he wiped it away. His cheeks were rosy from the heat of the day and the furnace, and he was still slightly panting from exertion. A lone curl escaped his ponytail.

"You're right." His soft voice was weary, as he sat next to the mule, and began stroking her nose.

"I shouldn't take my frustration out on my work. Or your sleep."

Sally gave a soft snort, and he managed a low chuckle. Reaching behind him, he pulled a carrot out of a back, and held it up to the mule. She gave a grunt of thanks, before devouring it. He laughed, and patted her head.

"I'm turning into a Jack Sparrow."

He had swiped a few carrot's off a vendor on his way back from a delivery to a ship. He had done it with such ease, it made him wonder why he felt little to no remorse at such an action.

The mention of the befriended pirate brought a tightness to his chest, as he stared off, scratching behind the animal's long ears. Resting his forehead against Sally's, he pondered the ache he suffered from.

He had learned early on in his relationship with Jack NOT to expect anything like a thank you, or a steadfast loyalty that was common between friends. So he didn't believe the ache was from Jack leaving without saying little as a goodbye, or thanks. In fact, Jack wasn't able to say much of anything, before he fell over the low stone wall, and into the sea.

The memory brought a smile to his face.

Jack Sparrow was someone to remember. Whether you liked him or not, he was a unique individual that branded himself into your brain and heart. A brilliant man, who unlike most pirates, had a small sense of morale and heart. He was the first pirate that Will let himself come to trust.

And he had an exotic air to him. Though the way he would sway, slur and mutter would make most believe he was a drunkard, or had been hit too hard on the head too many times, it was hypnotic. If his intense dark eyes surrounded by kohl didn't draw you in, his body movements and wisdom would.

On his adventures with Jack, Will had constantly pondered the auburn haired man. He had wondered, most of the time, if he had made the right decision in dealing with the rogue pirate. From his observations, he had noticed that there was an odd air of immaturity covering Jack. Like innocence. A child's innocence.

It wasn't seen often, but when he DID witness it, he couldn't help but feel confused. And entranced. As unheard of as it was, Jack could be, well, CUTE. The way he could frown, with his eyebrows drawn low over hooded brown eyes was as adorable as any child could be.

And the thought scared him. It was a new to him. And looked down on by the high and good people he `grew up' around.

Ever since he was rescued from the water eight years ago, the only romantic interest he had was Elizabeth. A pretty, kind girl that had befriended him until they had parted ways at Port Royal. Then, as he watched her from the shadows as she had done for him on board, she bloomed into a beautiful, compassionate woman. He had fallen in love.

Until that day he had tried to rescue Jack, he had always believed he was unacceptable of her love. He had hidden in the blacksmith's workshop, learning the craft, as he heard heated tales of pirates. The tales smithy John Brown's friends would weave of pirates were always cruel, dark, and vengeful filled with blood and rape. He had vowed, that should he ever manage to become a good swordsman, he would kill pirates to protect those like his fair Elizabeth.

But hiding inside, with only a drunk and a donkey for company kept him from learning of the real world. Though he has become a sword master and an artist with metal, his mind and heart were still naïve and brainwashed. Jack had shown him otherwise, when they set out to save Elizabeth.

Will had been opened to a new world. A real world. And his heart and mind began to grow.

Since that day that Commodore had given up his pursuit of Elizabeth Swann, he had shared only one, true kiss with her. The few times that they had managed to meet; kind, flirting words were exchanged with fond glances and even fewer hand holding and pecks on the cheek. They loved each other, there was no doubt of that. But exactly what KIND of love, Will wasn't so sure anymore.

Elizabeth loved him more than her ex-fiancé, and even her Father; and he loved her to the point where he would die for her, and almost did. Several times in fact.

Once, he would say he loved her more than anyone in the world. But now was different. Now, he had actually SEEN the world.

And he had come to realize, that though they loved each other greatly, there was only so much passion between them. He could imagine kissing her (he had already), and her honey brown hair and soft eyes made his breath catch. But that was it. He knew what a husband and wife were suppose to do, he had seen it first hand in taverns. He could NOT see himself doing such things to Elizabeth.

And that was when he realized that they were not lovers. Yes, they were soulmates. They were meant to be together, always. But they were brother and sister. Close friends.

After coming to this realization, he stood up, and hopped into the rafters, Sally watching him. Walking along a beam high above a snoozing Mr. Brown, remembering a fight long ago, he opened a window where he could gaze out at the sea.

"I'm lost, Sally."

Expressive brown eyes framed with long lashes gazed out at the harbor, feeling the ache intensify. From even here, he could feel the breeze off the water, smell the salt and seaweed in the air. He could just barely taste it.

"Is this what pirates feel, Sally? This, longing? Did my father feel it, as I do now?"

The frustration came to him, but now, he was beginning to understand it.

The blood in his veins whispered to him, called by the sea. His body ached for action, ached for fights on rolling waves. His hair wanted to be free in the breeze, his lungs filled with fresh air.

Jack had been right. He was obsessed with treasure. Elizabeth HAD been treasure, the truest and fairest of her kind. He had wanted her, and had caught her. And now, his heart longed for more.

He wanted to be free, now that he had tasted the world. He wanted to bask in the glow of it, having adventures like the ones told to children; beside Jack. Always beside Jack.

But Jack, had left him behind.

The frustration cleared the same time it heightened.

Jack, the one who could understand Will's potential, teach him, free him, had left. Without him.

Will was left standing, watching with Elizabeth as the Black Pearl left the harbor, never to return.

Will's head banged against the window frame sharply, sending pain and a bit of blood down his temple.

Jack had left him behind.

 

^_^ So. Good for a first timer? Should I continue with a version of Jack's POV? Or should I just turn this into a mini story? PLEASE tell me what to do!!!!!!!

I WAS going to put, "And only then, did Will realize he loved him."
But this leaves it open.