Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
237
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,251

Home for the Holidays

Summary:

On Christmas Eve Gibbs muses on the meaning of home.

Work Text:

-------

Ah, Christmas. Before the only thing it meant to an old ex-gunny like me was last minute shopping, rubbing elbows with 90 year old Grannies with a temper and sharper elbows than me and knowing that, somehow, I had managed to screw it up. Again. No matter which wife it was at the time, somehow that never changed.

Not this year though.

No this year Christmas meant eggnog, fire in the fireplace, traditional crooners in the background and one Anthony DiNozzo standing in the middle of my den, string of recalcitrant multicolored Christmas lights absolutely refusing to go up on the tree. The heartfelt curses, muttered not quiet under his breath in Italian mingled nicely with Bing and the fire crackling cheerfully in the hearth.

Though where he had managed to find coffee flavored eggnog he won't tell me. And I'm not too sure I want to know. Just goes to show you he thinks about people; he just doesn't want anyone to know that. Not sure why though I know I'll get it out of him one of these days.

Did I mention it was snowing? It is, fat flakes falling softly to the ground below, lending the world outside that faint bluish cast that makes the warm glow in the house such a warm and inviting place to be. Welcome. Cozy.

No, this year...

...this year Christmas felt like home.