Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 13 of MiSS
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
505
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
867

MiSS -Post Chosen - The Call

Summary:

/TimeLine: After Chosen. I've always wondered how Angel knew what happened to Spike in Sunnydale.
Warning: Mention of character death.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Feedback: Do it... you know you want to! lusciousspike@yahoo.com
Rating: Something for all ages *g*
Pairing: None... well it could work as both spuffy and spangel-slash if you want...
Series: Part of the Missing Scene Series but is in fact a stand-alone like all of them are.

Thanks to Farah for the quick beta!

***

"Hello?"

"Hi, can I talk to Angel please?"

"Uh, who should I say is calling?"

"Buffy... it's Buffy."

"Oh. Oh! Sure... wait a sec..."

...

"Buffy? Fred said that you wanted to talk to me?"

"Yeah. Angel..."

"Yes?"

"..."

"Buffy? Is everything ok? Are you and the others ok? I saw what happened to Sunnydale on the news? Where are you? Are you guys coming here?"

"No... ... we're on the road to Cleveland actually... we didn't stop at L.A... I'm talking at a phone at a gas station... thought I'd tell you that we don't need that second front anymore..."

In the background a girl's voice could be heard, "Kennedy, stop slapping my hand away and let me look at that arm!"

"Yeah, so we're okay as you can hear and..."

"Buffy. Are you ok? You sound..."

"Oh God Angel..."

"Buffy...?? Why are you crying? Is... is Dawn...?"

"Oh God no! Dawn's ok... well as okay as she can be when the shock finally settled in."

"Who then?"

Silence.

"Giles...?" Nothing. "Willow." Silence on the other end. "Xander...?" A hitch of breath. "It's Xander isn't it?"

"N-no... Xander's fine... well not really... he's devastated coz of Anya... even though he's not showing it... and... well he lost his eye... and..."

"Who is it Buffy?" Firm but hesitant... not really wanting to know... already knowing the answer.

"It's Spike."

"..."

"Angel? I-I thought you should know. I know you two never got along much... or well at all but... Angel? Aren't you gonna say anything?"

A sigh. "I'm sorry Buffy. Was lost in the past a while there. Spike... he's the one constant thing... I never thought that... ever..."

A sniff. "I know. I always told him to leave... and when I stopped wanting him to..." Small laugh. "... guess I know now..."

"It was a little less lonely."

"Huh?"

"The whole soul thing... when you told me... it was a little less lonely... and now... well not so much anymore."

"Thought you were all 12-years-old about it." A smile... just a little.

"12-year-olds want to be less lonely too."

"I get that... I'm not lonely now."

He didn't ask.

"Thank you... for telling me."

"Are you going to be ok?"

"Fine. I mean we really never got along, so why wouldn't I be." A question, a statement... it could work both ways.

"Tell that to someone that doesn't know the both of you so well. Well other than Drusilla maybe... and I'm so not going there." A shared mirthless laugh. "It was nice talking to you Angel. It's a little comforting to know that someone else is feeling this as much."

A short silence then a whispered, "Yes, it is."

 

The End...

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Mera.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: