Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-10-12
Words:
1,053
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
2
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,712

Household Accident

Summary:

Kate has a broken leg and Gibbs has a black eye.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: A day at work

Chapter Text

When I step off the elevator I'm thankful to see that no one is here yet, even though I'd seen Gibbs' car in the lot. I, as gracefully as possible, swing myself between my crutches to my desk. I don't need Tony to ask how I did it, 'cause I'm sure as hell not going to tell him the truth.

Shortly after I hide my crutches behind my desk Tony steps off the elevator.

"Morning Kate, how was your weekend?"

"Ok."

"Just Ok? We were off all weekend and didn't get called in."

"Tony, I've had better weekends and let's leave it at that."

The elevator opens again.

"Hey guys you seen Gibbs yet?" Abby asks.

"No why?" Tony asks. See I already know what happened as I was the one who caused it.

"He's got the gnarly black eye. And no one knows how he got it." I'm trying to look as if I don't care.

"Maybe he took a header in to his boat?" ever inquisitive Tony asks.

"Abby, don't you have something to do?" a gruff voice stopped her answer.

"Yeah." Abby makes a break for the nearest exit.

"Boss, what happened?"

"Tony if I wanted you to know I would have told you. Kate, Ducky wants to check your leg." Gibbs sits at his desk to read the memos that were left over the weekend.

"Kate, what's wrong with your leg?"

"I'm referring to it as a household accident, if you don't like the explanation too bad so sad." I hobble towards the elevator.

 

As I exit the elevator, from my visit with Ducky, I see, except for Abby sitting on my desk, an empty bullpen.

"Hey Kate, how'd you break your leg?"

"Household accident."

"Come on Kate you have to share. How'd Gibbs get his black eye?"

"I don't know; you'd have to ask him." I'm playing the dumb card, because no one knows what happened this weekend.

"Kate I know."

"Know what Abbs?"

"I stopped by to visit on Sunday. I heard Gibbs through the door."

Gibbs is going to kill me, "Fine, I'll tell you, but you can't tell a soul, not a soul Abby. And no specific details."

"Kate I need details. Details are my life." I give her look that says I won't tell her, "Fine, I promise Kate."

"We fell out of bed. And that's all I'm saying."

She's laughing. I, however, don't think it's that funny, well maybe it is a little funny.

"Nice, black eye Gibbs," she said on her way to the elevator as he was stepping off and whispered, "I'll get you a side rail for Christmas."

"Kate." He growled.

I just give him a little wave.