Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,036
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,518

Choices

Summary:

In the same universe as "Beautiful and Harsh", "Dangerous Game", and "Imbalance"

Work Text:

Bruce shielded his face with a pillow to hide from the sunlight. "Alfred, haven't I told you that bats are nocturnal," he complained.

The bed dipped as someone sat on the edge next to Bruce. "So they are," a familiar voice that was not Alfred's agreed.

Bruce vividly remembered that voice from his memories and dreams. He threw the pillow on the floor and stared at Henri, wide-eyed. "Henri!"

Henri cracked a smile at Bruce's enthusiasm. "Bruce."

Bruce reached out and clutched Henri's arm. "You're really here."

Henri covered Bruce's hand with his own. "This is no dream."

"You don't know how much I've thought of you."

Henri looked at Bruce with a piercing gaze. "Yes, I do."

Bruce blushed. "I wasn't sure if I would ever see you again."

"You did not think that you could betray me and not face the consequences," Henri said with quiet conviction.

Bruce's grip around Henri's arm tightened. "I never meant to betray you." He sighed heavily, knowing that he and Henri would never agree on this.

Henri seemed to read Bruce's mind. "We have had a conversation very similar to this before."

Bruce nodded to himself. "It wasn't just a dream."

Henri removed Bruce's hand, stood, and walked to the window. He faced Bruce and folded his arms across his chest. "I would call it a shared vision."

Bruce threw the covers to the side, rolled out of bed, and went to stand before Henri. "You're here to destroy Gotham, aren't you?" he challenged.

"I have a duty to perform," Henri answered calmly.

Bruce didn't want to believe that Henri could be a cold blooded killer. "Ra's Al Ghul is dead. You're free of his orders."

Henri shook his head. "I truly thought that I taught you better."

Bruce took Henri by the shoulders. He resisted the urge to try and shake some sense into Henri. "I can't let you do it."

Henri wasn't the least bit intimidated. "I know that you will try and stop me."

"Can't you see that you're wrong?" Bruce almost shouted. He was disappointed in showing his emotion while Henri stood there, cold and implacable.

"Perhaps, it is you who are wrong. The brotherhood of the shadow has been the guardian of justice and balance for thousands of years. Who are you and I to question that?" Henri's tone was calm but there was a glint of strong emotion in his eyes.

Bruce set his jaw. "I refuse to believe that mass murder is for the greater good."

Henri brushed the back of his fingers against Bruce's cheek in an all to short caress. "You have a great capacity for compassion. Beware of it or one day it will destroy you."

Bruce jerked his head back and dropped his hands to his sides. "I'll take my chances."

Henri took a step back. "The next time we meet, the circumstances will not be pleasant."

Bruce defiantly met those ice blue eyes he loved so much. "Don't make me fight you."

In one quick, fluid motion, Henri swept Bruce's legs out from under him. He pinned Bruce to the floor with his knees on Bruce's shoulders. He pressed his forearm against Bruce's throat and leaned in close to Bruce's ear. "Do what you believe it necessary and I shall do the same."

Bruce struggled beneath Henri but Henri was an expert. He couldn't exert enough force to throw Henri off. He could barely breathe but his groin still registered Henri's close proximity.

"It truly is a pity," Henri whispered huskily.

Bruce shut his eyes and bit his lip to stifle the moan that threatened to escape. He was on his back, clad only in boxer shorts with Henri straddling him. Despite the fact that they were destined to be at odds, he still wanted Henri. He wanted to own and be owned by the magnificent being bearing down on him.

Henri let up on Bruce's throat just enough for Bruce to breathe a little easier. He glanced over his shoulder and saw Bruce's more than evident arousal. He looked back at Bruce, his face unreadable. "It's most unwise to sleep with an enemy."

The heat and weight of Henri on his chest was almost more than Bruce could stand. He felt Henri's answering need when Henri shifted his weight. "It's not too late. We don't have to be enemies."

Henri leaned in close to Bruce's ear and nipped the lobe. "Wishful thinking on your part, Bruce."

Bruce strained to move his arms so he could take Henri, damn the consequences. He turned his head and met the side of Henri's throat. He could smell the perspiration on the skin and flicked his tongue out.

Henri growled as Bruce sucked on his neck. He braced himself with one hand on the floor. He moved the other from Bruce's throat to hair.

Henri was still balanced and had enough control to keep Bruce pinned. Bruce used the freedom of his head to kiss his way along Henri's neck. He moved his legs restlessly but Henri had them in a position where his legs would do him no good.

Suddenly, Henri yanked on Bruce's hair. "No," he said through clenched teeth. "I cannot betray my duty, not even for you."

Bruce was sweating, panting, and so hot for Henri's touch. "Henri, you don't have to leave. You don't have to destroy Gotham. You do have a choice."

Henri slid his fingers behind Bruce's head. He shook his head. "Until we meet again, Bruce, or should I call you Batman?"

Bruce's eyes got wide even though he shouldn't have been surprised that Henri knew of his alter ego. He didn't have time to reply before Henri hit him in the face with a stiff open hand punch, rendering him unconscious. When he awoke a little while later, he was back in bed and Henri was gone.