Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
683
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
973

The Musings of One Vernon Dursley

Summary:

For a moment, lets delve into the mind of the worst kind of criminal there is, a child abuser. Vernon Dursley is this criminal. Do you dare venture into this cruel mind?

Work Text:

The Musings of One, Vernon Dursley
By: Kid Death

I'm proud to say that my family is perfectly normal thank you very much. The very last one would expect to be involved in anything...strange. We just don't hold to that nonsense. When that boy was dropped carelessly on our doorstep, I wanted to drown him like the filthy runt he was. When he started showing his...abilities...I decided to execute that rubbish. He is not my son. He doesn't deserve my love, or my affection, as if he were my son. Why should I deprive my own son of me by giving anything to that freak? At first, it started as small cuffs on the ear for irritating me, and when I was sure none of those no-account, good-for-nothing persons of that type were not coming back, I intensified his punishment. When he spoke out of line, he received a smack on the back of his head. When he failed to complete the chores assigned by my wonderful and beautiful wife, he was sent to his cupboard without a meal. Occasionally, I was tempted to just forget about him, and occasionally, I did that. He got everything he deserved, denying my son the privileges of a better life by taking money from my pocket to pay for his clothes, his school things, and those damn glasses that seemed to always be broken.

He turned his teacher's hair blue...Blue, for Christ's sake! It couldn't be any other color! It had to be that unnatural colour! The roof incident was the last straw. He dared to blame it on my law-abiding, dutiful son. My Dudley...chasing that freak. I exacted my furious revenge on him when my wife and son were away to buy school things for my son. I beat him black and blue and told him that if he ever told anyone, then I would break every bone in his body and leave him in the woods for wild animals to eat his flesh off those disfigured bones. He never told, but after that day, I never held back. I was never drunk. I'm a good, non-drinking, family man. I care only for the good of my family. That abnormality is not family. He is nothing but an inconvenience forced upon my loving family.

Then the letters came, and everything stopped. I was terrified. Yes, I, terrified that they would find out and come for me. After two years, when no one appeared out of thin air on my front lawn, I began to slowly wean back into our...activities. A slap here. A kick there. It was nothing extraordinary, but it filled that void in me that only this could fill. They would always come later in the summer to take him to wherever freaks stay in the off season. Four summers after the letters, nightmares began, and with them, screaming. My dearest Petunia, bless her heart, can sleep through anything. But just to be sure, I went to his room on those nights and shut him up nicely. No...I never touched him in that way as I'm sure some would think. How dare anyone think such thoughts! I would never in my entire earthly life, defile myself in that manner. No, I just helped myself to a bit of soul killing. The next summer destroyed any restraint I might have had. Those people dared to threaten me and my family. This time, I didn't care what happened. I would take away from him everything that he took from me, and more. The nightmares began again, and this time, I silenced him permanently. No more screams. No more pleas to stop. No more sound. Oh, blessèd, silence.

When they came for me, I made no confession, no explanation, not one word uttered. I merely laughed. Laughed for joy that he was gone, and would never darken my doorstep again. I laugh even now, when screams are all that can escape my lips.