Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,966
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,020

The Meeting

Summary:

A meeting in a bar. (Het)

Notes:

This takes place in season two of Angel; before the whole Pylea thing happened.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

There was something special about a night in the city. You couldn't get away with the feeling that it was different than in a small town. Perhaps it was the concentrated life, the vibrating feeling that made the city feel awake at all times, a contrast to the quiet, slumbering of a small out-of-the-way town.

Stepping gingerly on the sidewalk careful to not step into any un-identifiable things that could be found on the street she stopped outside a building and looked up.

It had taken her some time but she had finally managed to find him. The information that the little man had given her proved to be good. She could feel the smile spread on her face. She was looking forward to the meeting. Turning around she glared at those that had followed her and she smirked as they scurried away.

She knew that her smile could be truly evil and it pleased her to see them disappear for this was a moment she wanted to herself.

Smoothing down her dress and making sure that her hair was in its carefully made coif she had to squash the urge to rip a new one into the men that were standing against the entrance of the bar snickering at her.

Making sure that the few strands of hair that framed her face were as she wanted, she turned up her nose and ignored them, walking forward through the door and into the bar. She memorized every one of their faces as she passed them as no one laughed at her and got away with it.

Tilting her head she contemplated doing just that right now but then she shrugged as there was something that she wanted more right now. Letting her eyes travel over the people in the room she inwardly sneered at them. A few of the men she recognized as not being human and she was a little surprised to find them mingling with humans.

Had it not been for the object of her quest she wouldn't ever have stepped into a place like this. She shuddered at the mere thought that anyone she knew would see her here. Not that that was even a possibility.

The room was smoke-filled and the smell of beer was heavy in the air mingling with an undertone of sweat. She couldn't for the life of her come up with a reason for him to be here considering his highly developed sense of smell.

She eyes raked over every single one of the patrons looking for his familiar from and after a few moments she found him. He was sitting at the bar nurturing a drink of some kind. Squaring her shoulder she made her way over to him not paying attention to the appreciative murmurs of the other patrons in the bar.

Stopping a few feet from him she looked him over. He was still as beautiful as she remembered. His pale smooth skin made her want to touch it. His dark hair was a little shorter but it brought forth his features better so she didn't mind.

She watched his hand as it fingered the glass and she recalled what those hands could do. She contemplated leaving the business she had in this godforsaken town and giving her attention to a much more pleasant past-time.

She wondered if he knew she was standing there. He at least hadn't shown any reaction. Smiling she moistened her lips and finally spoke.

"Hello Angel." Her smile grew though she tried to not make it scary when she saw him turn his head to her. The only signs she saw that he was surprised to see her were the small jerk that went through his large frame and the widening of his eyes.

"You..." he said, his voice flat, expressionless.

"Now now," she chided as she stepped closer to him and took the seat beside him, "there's no need to get like that. I've come a long way to see you, you should appreciate that. You weren't exactly an easy man to find."

"Really?" Angel said dryly. "What do you want?"

Gingerly putting her elbow against the banister of the bar she leaned her head on her hand. Looking at him her smile grew.

"What makes you think I want anything?"

Arching his eyebrow at her he quirked his lips, "You always want something. I doubt you came all this way just to see me. That would sound rather... not like you."

"Oh and you know me soooo well," she said as she swiveled around and demanded the bartender's attention. She could feel his eyes on her and knew that Angel was watching her every move.

She grew irritated as the bartender took his time in coming to her. Gosh, she wished she could kill him right there and then but that would be unproductive.

When the burly man finally came over to her, a rag in one hand and a glass in another she turned her smile cold and was somewhat pleased to see the man turn a little paler.

"W-What can I get you, Miss?" the deep voice of the bartender stammered.

Turning her smile a little nastier she indicated to Angel's drink and said, "I'll have what he's drinking."

This time the bartender moved swiftly and it took but moments for him to have her drink ready. He was more than happy to set it down and move to the next customer. There was something about her that made his skin crawl in spite of the obvious beauty she held. That was one lady he did not wish to ever meet alone.

Picking her glass up she made the liquid swivel around. Peering into it she hesitantly took a sip and thoughtfully tasted it. From the corner of her eyes, she saw the amused smirk on Angel's face. Turning to him she arched an eyebrow in an imitation of his action earlier.

Coolly he looked at her and said, "I know you enough."

"Bah, the same could be said about you. What are you doing here? This doesn't seem your style."

"They serve good whisky, which is what you're drinking. You like?"

"Do I like it? It's not what I expected." She said once again sipping from the drink. She finds it rather amusing, Angel's attempt to act like they were just two people having a conversation.

Things weren't going as she had imagined, but it wasn't bad, this...this thing. Though she imagined that from his point of view things were a lot better than their usual way of being, though those held a great level of amusement for her.

"So what are you doing here? From what I've heard you should be with those humans of yours."

"My humans...? We're not...I wanted to be alone."

"Bah, you alone?" she asked incredulously. "You don't like being alone. I mean you even stayed with me instead of being alone. Don't give me that. Or have you forgotten who I am?"

"Forget? You? Hardly, which brings back the question, what do you want? What is it?"

Leaning closer to him she asked, "Are you avoiding my question?"

"No," he said, "I just think mine's more important."

"That's a matter of opinion." She said as she put her hand over his and caressed the smooth skin, finally.

"Hmm." He knew better than to withdraw from her. She seemed to be in a playful mood, which was good in his book.

Sighing she shrugged and straightened herself up again. "Maybe I just wanted to see you. Things were getting boring and you know I can't abide that."

"True. What do you expect me to do?" Angel inquired.

"I don't know, maybe take my mind off my troubles?" She said wistfully. "I have been dealing with some tedious task in a small town not too far from here actually but I've grown bored with it. I was, maybe, thinking of moving on. To the city perhaps?"

"Is that a question or are you telling me? It's not like you wouldn't do what you wanted anyway."

"True, so true. No, I'm telling you. Let's get out of here, and take things to a more private place. Do you live far from here?" She asked a wide smile on her face that brought forth the beauty in her.

Shuddering, and thinking of what she was implying he nevertheless nodded. "I live in the Hyperion. We'd have to take the car though."

Seeing that he had caught on to what she wanted she snuck her arm around him and whispered into his ear, "then let's go."

Setting down her half-full glass on the bar she stood up and waited for him to do the same.

Seeing her standing there, Angel wondered what the heck he was getting himself into and what the consequences were going to be this time.

He had a lot of memories of her though most of the time he tried to forget; one thing was for sure things were never boring around her. Though she and he had a vastly different opinion on what was fun.

He knew things could have been far worse then they had been but for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to be grateful to her.

She was a strong opinionated lady - lady, he scoffed at his use of words. The only way you could apply that word to her was if you were using it in a loose way, a very loose way.

Shaking his head he drained his glass and stood up, throwing some bills on the bar, paying for both his and hers. He knew that she would never dream of paying for herself.

For now it was better to go with her, but if she thought that she would be able to push him around she was sadly mistaken, very much so.

Seeing him stand she felt a shiver of anticipation, she knew for sure that her days of boredom were over. Yes, she had to change her plans, but it was not a bad trade for what she had going in that small town. Anyway, she could always take that up at a later date.

By the look in his eyes she also knew that he would be obstinate, just as she wanted him to be. It was one of the qualities that had drawn her to him in the first place.

She could hardly wait to see the bargaining begin because there would be. It was a game of sorts they'd always played and one she didn't mind, and what made things more interesting were there were more chips involved this time - after all he had his 'friends' - his humans - and they both knew how very fragile those beings were.

Holding her arm out she waited for him to do the same and after a slight hesitation, he did. Slipping her hand into the crock of his arm she steered them to the entrance and out of the bar. She paused slightly outside letting the night's air wash over her taking with it the smells of the bar that had clung to both of them.

Walking she let Angel take them to his car giving the false impression that they were nothing more than a couple out for an evening stroll.

As he helped her into his car he closed the door and on his way over to his side he heard her say, "We have a lot of catching up to do, my Angel."

Slipping behind the steering wheel he pursed his lips, "Hmm..."

Igniting the engine he slowly pulled out of the slot and looking over her, his eyes fathomless, he nodded.

"Yes we do, "he conceded.

"That, we most surely do Glory."

The End?

Notes:

AN: I've always wanted to write an A/Glory thing - a part of my self-imposed challenge of pairing Angel with every (almost every) known character of Ats & Btvs. I have actually never seen anyone write this particular pairing.

I don't know if there is really any probability for those two. The premise for this story however is that when Angel was in Hell he met Glorificus. Maybe there are some of you that find this ficlett to be very out of character, but oh well, I hope you like it anyway.

I would more then appreciate any reviews you choose to give me. *hint, hint.* ;-) ::grin:: ;-P