Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
250
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,268

Tears Over a Grave

Summary:

fandom: NCIS
pairing: implied G/D
rating: FRT-13
series: none
sequel to: none
website: n/a
feedback: Begging...
archive: MakeBelieve, Everyone else ask, and give me the addy and it's all yours
summary: The title said it all
Disclaimer: not mine, never will be, not making any money, damnit. If your name appears in this story, sorry, it is pure chance it appeared.
Author Notes: Thanks to Hawk for the beta. I promised myself I would not do one of these, but I caught the last few minutes of the show again, and my muse would not stop bugging me.

Work Text:

Tears Over a Grave
by clifford
bulldogmo@gmail.com

Agent Caitlin A. Todd
May, 2005
She gave her life so
another may live.

Tony stood over the freshly turned dirt staring at the head stone, crying. He knew that it was considered unmanly to cry, but for this woman he would shed tears, many tears. If not for this woman he would not be standing here, for surely he would have eaten his gun.

In this grave lays a woman who saved his world, and he can never tell her that. He can never tease her again, go through her purse to aggravate her again, never listen in on her phone calls again, never treat her like the little sister he never had.

In this grave lays the salvation of his love. If she had not stepped in front of his lover wearing that Kevlar vest, Gibbs would have died. Then he would have followed in the pursuit of killing Ari.

Both he and Gibbs have sworn they will never rest until they have found Kate's killer and they have agreed that Ari will never make it back to the states alive - - even if it means their careers.

Placing the yellow roses he had brought for her on the ground, she had mentioned once they were her favorite, he kissed the stone once before walking back to Gibbs, silently saying good-bye to the only woman he truly loved more than life.

end