Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
422
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,614

A Sucker's Suckers

Summary:

Blair should know better than to bring a giant bag of candy into the bullpen...

Work Text:

A Sucker's Suckers

Jim looked up as Blair dumped a bag of Tootsie Roll Pops on his desk. "What's with all this, Chief?" he asked, picking up a cherry-flavored one. Blair dropped down in his chair, letting his backpack hit the floor. "Those are leftover from my Intro class' first test today." Jim blinked. "Why did your Intro class give you Tootsie Roll Pops?" He unwrapped the previously picked up cherry lollipop and stuck it in his mouth, throwing the wrapper away. Blair shook his head. "No, I gave them the suckers. On test days I hand out suckers to my students, so they have something to concentrate on when they're trying to think of an answer. It cuts down on pen tapping, staring into space, and helps curb the munchies that most people get in the morning. If they have something to suck on, they become noticeably calmer, and their grades are better." Jim removed the sucker from his mouth with a slight 'Pop!' and asked his lover, "So why did you have so many of them left? I would've thought a lot of people would take extras." Blair shrugged. "Most people do end up taking a few of them with them when they leave, but the Final went on so long that most of the kids had to rush to their next classes, and left without doing so. So I'm left with these." He gestured to the several dozen suckers in the plastic bag. He ran a hand through his hair. "And since I'm taking off from teaching this summer so I can work on my diss, I'm not going to be able to hand them out to my classes. It's going to take me a while to consume them." Jim grinned. "Well, you could always give them to the guys." He glanced sidelong at the other detectives in the bullpen, who were trying (not very successfully) to keep their eyes off the candy. Blair grinned. "Ah, cops and sugar." He shook his head. "Oh, well. At least they're better for you than donuts." Jim smirked. "Not if they eat as many as I think they will." Raising his voice, he asked the other detectives, "Hey, anyone want some candy?" Shouts of agreement and approval echoed through the bullpen, and the detectives surged up and headed for Jim's desk. As the hordes of detectives descended on him to grab some of the candy, Blair thought, Not only am I giving them out, but I'm also being played for a sucker.