Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
438
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
800

Untitled Andromeda snippet

Summary:

Harper sighed loudly as the nano-welder malfuctioned again.

Work Text:

Untitled Andromeda snippet
by KimAnne
iphenys@yahoo.com

Harper sighed loudly as the nano-welder malfuctioned again. He stood up and threw it onto the workshop table and removed his goggles. He could try and fix it - again - but it seemed like such a waste of time since it didn't fix right the first time. Not that he was a quitter, he wasn't, it was just stopping ever few minutes to repair something he he desparately needed to finish his circutry work was exhausting. Let alone frustrating.

He picked up a nearby tool and went to work on the welder anyway, there wasn't many options since this was the only one he had. He was concentrating, his whole world was just circuts and wires and tools and...

"Ah!" Harper yelped, something he would deny later, and jumped back when his shoulder was grabbed. Tyr crossesd his arms and smirked at him. Harper narrowed his eyes before he said, "You get off on making me jump, don't you?"

"Not at all. I have no way to predict how you will react, I sometimes forget that your - human ears are much less sensitive to my own."

Harper rolled his eyes. "Sure. Whatever. Look, what do you want, I'm busy. This freakin' welder won't stay fixed and Rommie wants her circuts played with." He waggled his eyes for effect of his joke. Tyr just raised his eyeborws and looked at him. Not in the mood to figure out what Tyr wanted, Harper turned his back to the man and picked up the welder, looking for the problem. Several minutes of silence passed, Harper was once again engrossed with his project, but this time he didn't make a sound, just jumped slightly when Tyr came up behind him.

"Tyr... what do you want?"

"Many things."

"That's clear. Maybe you can do all those many things someplace else?" Harper could feel Tyr long bady pressed up against his back.

"I'm finding enjoyment here, watching you try and ignore my presence."

He knew he was fighting a losing battle but Harper tried again. "Can't you do that from, say, over there, way far away from me, while I work with sharp objects?"

Harper stood still as Tyr leaned forward so his mouth was right next to Harper's ear. "I suppose, but what would the pleasure in that be?"

The engineer didn't answer and Tyr didn't move. After a few moments Tyr said, "If you ever finish your work, come find me... if you want."

end