Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-07-10
Words:
1,797
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
3
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,660

Journeys

Summary:

The person who haunts Gil Grissom’s past is back, looking for revenge. Forcing Gil to take Greg with him and run for their lives. Along the journey the two of them are forced to admit their mutual feelings.

Chapter 1: Chapter One

Chapter Text

"Hey Greggo what's up, other than the sky of corse?"

"Hey Nick, no your sample hasn't been processed yet, no I will not get to it within the next hour."

"That's cool man, actually I was just wondering if you'd seen Gris today? We're working a triple and I can't find him anywhere."

"And your asking the guy who hasn't left his lab all day why?"

"So that's a no?"

"No Nick, I haven't seen Grissom today, but I'll page you when your sample's been processed."

Greg sighed as Nick left the lab to continue his search for the elusive supervisor. He'd been working nonstop for almost ten hours processing all the samples for the latest crime spree. He knew that Gris wouldn't just disappear for no reason, especially right in the middle of the shift. He also hoped that the older man's disappearance didn't mean that he was working another case solo. Greg had heard, and in some cases seen, the results of when CSIs went off on their own to crime scenes. The results were often not positive.

As he thought he started to automatically process the samples that he'd been given. Greg knew that when he could both daydream and do his job at the same time it had begun to get bad, but right now he was beyond caring. He knew that he wouldn't make a mistake, he's done this too many times before.

Greg's musings were interrupted when a familiar face appeared at his door.

"Greg?" Gil Grissom tentatively asked the young lab tech. Greg paused. He'd never heard Grissom anything but sure in his whole life.

"Yeah Gris?"

"I need you to process this very quickly and very quietly. This has priority Greg."

"Sure thing Gris, I'll call you when it's done."

"No Greg. I'll stay here and watch."

"This must be really important then" Greg muttered under his breath.

"It is Greg. That's why I need to be here, to see the results in person."

Greg turned away from Gil and put down the two vials currently in his hands. He quickly wrote the case numbers on the glass and turned back toward Gil.

"I'm all yours." Greg joked, semi-seriously.

It was a well-kept secret that Greg Sanders had a small crush on his boss. Well-kept as in only he knew, and Greg intended to keep it that way.

"What do you need me to do?" He continued, now serious.

"Mass spec, DNA tests, anything else that you can think of. Every test that you can run."

"Not a problem boss." Greg replied cheerfully as he reached for the envelop that Gil was holding. He started when Gil's hand closed around his.

"Keep this quiet Greg. I trust that you can keep this quiet, right?"

"What's so important Gris?" Greg asked, now extremely confused by his boss's strange behavior.

Gil sighed heavily. He hated having to bring Greg into this mess; he hated knowing that he was the reason that Greg would now be in danger, but Greg was the only tech in the lab that Gil knew he could trust to keep this quiet. Wanting the energetic young lab tech to be a part of his personal life had absolutely nothing to do with it.

"Greg" Gil started, reluctantly letting go of his end of the envelop. "There may be a red flag when you run the DNA. Use my access code. I'll send it into your system."

"Should I be scared Gris? Who does the DNA belong to?"

"A dead man."

Greg paused in the middle of preparing cloth for the tests. He thought that he'd heard Gil say that the DNA had come from a dead man, but that would be impossible, right? One thing that Greg had quickly learned on this job was that anything is possible.

"Greg, the tests."

"Oh, sorry Gris, but you kinda lost me at the dead man part."

"Do you trust me Greg?"

"Yes, of course I do."

"Then don't ask questions, just run the tests."

"Alright, fine. So how's the weather outside these walls?"

"Greg, the tests."

"Gris, I can multitask you know."